Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Recommendations for sound meditation?

Gearhead

Alrighty.

So for those who've been following my saga, you already know what's going on, but for those who haven't, I've undergone a premature kundalini ascension and, due to the overflow of energy or a past life failure or whatever the fuck else it might be, I've been essentially unable to meditate ever since I dedicated almost ten years ago. My mind is just too energetic and seems to actively resist any attempt I make to calm it down.

Well, there has actually been some positive development! Not long after I posted my last thread, I took a look at the main website just to see if there was anything I may have missed or overlooked, and when I saw the link to the page on sound meditation, I was intrigued. To cut a long story short, some initial experimentation with an ambient album I happened to have downloaded (this one, if anyone's curious) yielded extremely promising results. For the first time in as long as I can remember, I was actually able to enter into a trance!

Anyway, onto my main question. I very badly want to keep moving in this direction, so which other sounds or music should I try listening to, and which should I avoid? I'm aware of binaural beats but I'm a bit wary of trying to listen to any of them; I have a sneaking suspicion many of the popular ones are laced with some form of subliminal programming. But if you know of anything like that that is free of such and safe to listen to, I would greatly appreciate it if you would share them.

Regardless of how you perceive your situation to be, and how it is, the aspect that you are desiring to achieve is Control. No matter how energetic our minds can be, control over it must be established. The fact that you got results with sound meditation and achieved a trance is good. That means a part of you was focused on the sounds thus letting your other part enter a trance, at least submerge to one.

The helper and primal decider of this is the Breath. Focusing on the breathing, by hearing, feeling, and controlling the breath, with interest and desire in this, repeatedly - no matter what - will get you into a trance. The mental and emotions can be silenced only by the focus on breathing and control of it, and past that, by willingness.

What you think of this situation is also affecting you. The fact that you are very content that your mind is too energetic, creates the same input all over again. Snap out of it, and do repeat what works for you for a start.

Entering a trance is a requirement in spiritual practices with all of what it entails. The learning curve of how to achieve it and how it feels. The state of being achieved widens other capabilities to use spiritually and so on. So there is the motivation for you to fight this momentary blockage.

NakedPluto said:
Entering a trance is a requirement in spiritual practices with all of what it entails. The learning curve of how to achieve it and how it feels. The state of being achieved widens other capabilities to use spiritually and so on. So there is the motivation for you to fight this momentary blockage.

True words. Everyone should remember that.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back