Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Real leather products

Aquarius

What do you guys think about it? I wanted to buy some nice boots but then read that the leather was real and to be honest it doesent feel right to me to buy those. Opinions?

well your not eating said boots sooo.
some could argue that those that made the boots suppose a bad work system (sweat shops) but if they are from a good store that supports a proper community (not organic leather or such) but made in your area would be great.

If there from china i don't recommend buying them. try to find someone local that makes leather goods- Support your Community!

Other than that doing some reacher on the selling company and what YOU personally think would be a start.

Hail Satan

They are made by artisans, but I will look more into it. Thanks :)

There are different types of leather. When buying you have to pay attention, because the products are extremely deceitful.

When making a leather product, you need to split the thickness of the leather, otherwise it's too bulky to make anything with it

Shops market "Genuine leather" a real leather, when in fact it can be barely considered leather, since it's just the remaining part of the split, which should be thrown out.

The types of leather are:

-Full grain leather - best quality it's the top part of the skin, the most rezistent part
-Top Grain leather- Very good quality, it's full grain leather with a smoother surfice
-Genuine leather - Marketing scam, mediocre quality, since it's just the remaining part witch should be thrown out.
- Bonded leather- It's made of different cuts glued together. Bad quality, though it is not on sale usually.

When buying clothes you'll see the markets are full of "genuine leather", nice name, deceptive nonetheless.

Here's a video describing this more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8Dsuqgis8A

Most of the leather used for clothing comes from cows and bulls killed for meat, so there is no any real harm in wearing boots or any other clothes made of it. Skin here is a waste product which would be thrown away otherwise.

It is those coats made of rodent fur, such as chinchilla that are real cruelty. Here, the animal is killed purely for the sake of making a coat. And you need a lot of rodents to make one coat. This is unnecessary cruelty, something which I just don't support.

Animals above other animals prey on and eat animals lower down the food chain. We although weak in body are at the top of the animal hierarchy. And it's been said that cattle wouldn't exist for example if we didn't breed them and rear them for their meat and leather. It's okay to get the best quality stuff. So long as an animal isn't killed for nothing but is used for our needs its okay. To finish off a bed salesman once said: 'You don't scrimp on your shoes or your bed, because you're in either one or the other.'

I would say go with your instincts. The leather could of been obtained through an inhumaine way or something.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back