Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Fate

Maya

The name "Moirai" in ancient greek comes from a verb which means "share", and is the cut we all take from life.
Moirai were the three Goddesses of Fate, who personified the inescapable destiny of a person.

Clotho was the one who spun the thread of life, Lakhesis was the one who measured it, and Atropos was the one who cut it. During the birth of each person, the thread of life was spinning out, creating the future life (fate) of the new born; our natal chart. Lakhesis who was measuring the thread of life represents all our actions in combination with the transits of the planets interacting with our chart; what we are coming through, be it good or bad. Atropos, cutting the thread of life, giving an end to life. In ancient greek the word "end" was used as "cause, to fulfil, the desired end of an action, the purpose". So Atropos represents the destination of life, our achievements, our cause.

Moires were associated with knowledge and wisdom. The Olympian Gods were respecting the fate of each person, and only in rare cases they would alter it. No human could alter his fate, nor could even know it. Only a divine action was able to change something already decided for the person. Knowledge, meditation and advancement.

We find very similar entities in Roman and Norse mythology. Again, three women were spunning the thread of life. They were also representing fate. In Norse mythology Norns were ruling the destiny of all humans. One represented the past, one the present and one the future. They were living at the roots of the World Tree of the nine worlds.

Maya said:
Atropos, cutting the thread of life, giving an end to life. In ancient greek the word "end" was used as "cause, to fulfil, the desired end of an action, the purpose". So Atropos represents the destination of life, our achievements, our cause.

You have no idea, how much this helped me here. You are awesome Maya, thank you very very much! This is the answer I've been waiting for and the key for me to proceed to my life path.

NakedPluto said:
Maya said:
Atropos, cutting the thread of life, giving an end to life. In ancient greek the word "end" was used as "cause, to fulfil, the desired end of an action, the purpose". So Atropos represents the destination of life, our achievements, our cause.

You have no idea, how much this helped me here. You are awesome Maya, thank you very very much! This is the answer I've been waiting for and the key for me to proceed to my life path.

I am happy that I helped you somehow :D

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back