Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Navy SEALs uses Pranayama

Ninja 666

Just a heads up, "Rabinowitz" is a Jewish surname.

Navy SEALs Use a Technique Called “Box Breathing” to Relieve Stress and So Can You
https://www.wellandgood.com/box-breathing/

Even as hope appears on the horizon with respect to the COVID-19 pandemic now that vaccine rollout is ramping up, Americans remain besieged by unprecedented anxiety. As such, your personal threshold for stress is probably lower right now, which means you may find yourself going from zero to panic in mere moments. To combat this overwhelm, it’s helpful to have a number of tools on tap—and you’d be hard-pressed to find one with a better endorsement than box breathing, a calming technique used by elite U.S. Navy SEALs.

Box breathing is rooted in an Ayurvedic form of breathwork called pranayama that originated in India and is practiced in yoga, explains Tal Rabinowitz, founder and CEO of The DEN Meditation in Los Angeles. “It has incredibly ancient roots, with different techniques for calming, bringing in energy, refining focus, and relaxing the nervous system; however, the military popularized it and brought it mainstream,” she says. “Mark Divine, a former Navy SEAL who is also a very experienced martial artist, introduced it to the special operations community in the military, showing the world that by simply breathing, you can achieve the desired calming effects in just moments.”

On the civilian side, box breathing’s received some pretty high-profile praise from health and wellness pros, too. Among them is Patrick K. Porter, PhD, neuroscientist, author, and creator of the meditation app, BrainTap, who says it’s a useful way to reboot your brain after a year’s worth of pandemic stress.

The practice itself, which gets its name because there are four equal parts to it, is super simple. It works on the principle that slowing down your breathing helps you to relax, increases your oxygen intake, releases tension, and stimulates the vagus nerve, which is the longest nerve in your body and starts in the brain. One of its main functions is to slow the sympathetic stress response, says Erika Polsinelli, a Kundalini yoga teacher and founder of Evolve by Erika, a virtual wellness center. She points out that some pilot research published in the journal, Brain Stimulation, shows that stimulating it may improve anxiety.

And the more you do box breathing on a regular basis, the more you will notice stress doesn’t affect you the same way, says Rabinowitz. “So absolutely use it when needed, but don’t just wait for a stressful moment,” she suggests. “Find five minutes wherever you can, and watch the way you react to life start to change.”

How to do box breathing

1. Set a timer for five minutes.
2. Sit with a straight spine on the floor or in a chair with your feet flat.
3. Close your eyes and inhale for a count of four.
4. Hold your breath for a count of four.
5. Exhale for a count of four.
6. Hold for a count of four.
7. Repeat until the alarm sounds.

That's interesting. I also know the British Paras use hatha yoga and some of the former members of the selection committee at their Pegasus company highly recommend it as an integral, daily part of anyone's training plan. These people, such as former Major Sam McGrath are exceptional still in their 40s, with VO2 Max of 72, etc.

Now where have I read this meditation before

Stormblood said:
That's interesting. I also know the British Paras use hatha yoga and some of the former members of the selection committee at their Pegasus company highly recommend it as an integral, daily part of anyone's training plan. These people, such as former Major Sam McGrath are exceptional still in their 40s, with VO2 Max of 72, etc.

That's fascinating. That's close to elite athlete level. (I had to read up on it, I figured it had something to do with the lungs, but didn't know the term.)

But I don't know if this is tied into hatha yoga though. I read up on Sam McGrath and saw he is "an elite ultra-marathon athlete." Hehe

Ninja 666 said:
Stormblood said:

That's fascinating. That's close to elite athlete level. (I had to read up on it, I figured it had something to do with the lungs, but didn't know the term.)

But I don't know if this is tied into hatha yoga though. I read up on Sam McGrath and saw he is "an elite ultra-marathon athlete." Hehe

On the British Paratroopers, I had no idea that they did it.

Learning to breath correctly is the most important in many practices, above all everything water related. Swimmers and marines/navys alike do their own version of pranayama to raise their lung capacity in order to hold their breath and stay longer underwater.

Ninja 666 said:
Stormblood said:

So there are no misunderstandings. I'm laughing at myself and that I discovered he was an elite marathon runner. Not laughing at you or your idea here. I honestly don't know if this is tied into hatha yoga, I believe it's more tied into him being one of the youngest soldiers to reach the rank of major and an elite ultra-marathon athlete. Maybe that he is 40, and able to maintain that condition have something to do with hatha yoga. But I'm sort of scientific around that, so need more evidence to be sure. So it got a little bit messed up when I wrote it.

Ninja 666 said:
Stormblood said:

I think it's correlated to the holistic approach to training him and some people like him take. In his sample programmes, he puts hatha yoga: 12 poses immediately after warm-up and 6 in your cool-down. He also puts SMR with foam rollers a few times a week. I've never seen this with the Italian military and certainly the American military does not advertise anything like that.

Stormblood said:
That would indicate elite level genetics to begin with. Sure, yoga plays a role, but in this case he was born with superior capacity, and trained on top of that which results in that.

BKS Iyengar mentions this in his Light on Pranayama book, I'm pretty sure it was that one, as I have been doing it from one of his books for over a year. It can also be done in 8's or 16's, depending on your breath capacity. You can also think "Sa-Ta-Na-Ma" instead of the counting, that's how I do it.

When I applied and got accepted into a military line of work, I was required to master meditation and other techniques of this kind. They also wanted me because of my abilities, but the reality was that I was required to use drugs to perform tasks.
And adding up to other extreme undesirable requirements I refused and got off that line of work. Extremely deceptive and dangerous line of work, but every higher branch of organizations like these require mastery of meditation in a form or another.

Now the local masonry gets every week to do weak rituals against their enemies like those that "betrayed" the "national security" and "devotion" which was only a forefront of counter espionage for the French people. Also, the apprenticeship is done by the jews. Lmao! If they only knew. My life was more precious than infiltrating these weaklings.

Henu the Great said:
Stormblood said:
That would indicate elite level genetics to begin with. Sure, yoga plays a role, but in this case he was born with superior capacity, and trained on top of that which results in that.

Fitness is 50% genetics, 50% lifestyle for NPCs, meaning anyway can double their genetic makeup through an appropriate lifestyle. Unfortunately, most people live a sedentary lifestyle because of enemy brainwashing and unsupportive technological development. If they'll have 36 VO2 Max in their 40s, they'll be lucky.

Satanama Dharma pushes limits further for those who practice it properly. So, yes, asanas do improve it limitedly for those who do only those (more than for people who just stretch irregularly and do not even bother with SMR and other recovery techniques, which is the majority). For us SS, applying the full limbs of yoga can take us to a whole different level of fitness. I would not be surprised if some of us kept 80-90 VO2 Max intact in their 60s. The world record is 97.5 for males and 78.5 for females. That is, if we schedule both our physical and spiritual advancement properly, instead of over-focusing on either or half-assing fitness because some do it just for "health reasons" instead of performance. Not everyone will want or be meant to do that, I know.

The stronger the body, the stronger the soul it harbours. It's no wonder athletes are considered the most attractive by most people: it's because their level of physical fitness impact them spiritually as well, giving them stronger auras, better energy flow and cleaner energies, compared to couch potatoes who just feel terrible energy-wise and very weak.

Genetics can be improved upon because yoga changes how genes express. It can also edit genes, activate them or deactivate them.

I hope this did not come off as abrasive. I just wanted to explain in full the reasoning.

Stormblood said:
Fitness is 50% genetics, 50% lifestyle for NPCs, meaning anyway can double their genetic makeup through an appropriate lifestyle. Unfortunately, most people live a sedentary lifestyle because of enemy brainwashing and unsupportive technological development. If they'll have 36 VO2 Max in their 40s, they'll be lucky.
I just day or two ago watched a video where a cyclist did a vo2max lab test, and the doc explained the ratio to be 70% genetics and 30% training. Would you say this is off by 20%? I was actually somewhat surprised it to be that much and now you propose it to be 50/50. When I begun my athletic pursuits 4.5 years ago I had no idea almost of anything, yet alone of this rather high value of training effect.

Satanama Dharma pushes limits further for those who practice it properly. So, yes, asanas do improve it limitedly for those who do only those (more than for people who just stretch irregularly and do not even bother with SMR and other recovery techniques, which is the majority). For us SS, applying the full limbs of yoga can take us to a whole different level of fitness. I would not be surprised if some of us kept 80-90 VO2 Max intact in their 60s.
Oh yeah. I probably undererstimate the physical effectiveness of our efforts.

My estimated vo2max is around 63-65 at the moment. I think that alone is pretty good for a former smoker, but I'm not satisfied. I've been wondering how high can I elevate it... I have this idea of 80-something as a capped value for me.

I hope this did not come off as abrasive. I just wanted to explain in full the reasoning.
No, man. It's all good.

Are you an athlete as well?

Henu the Great said:

I wonder really if it's not the opposite 70 training and 30 genetics, when it comes to us. Or it's still 50/50 and it's just our genetic potential being activated to higher degrees. The debate nature vs nurture has been going on for a long time and I am no closer at reaching an answer as studies nowadays may contradict each other, because certain lines of thoughts are never explored because of cultural marxism. They are thought to be racist/unfair/whatever.

I highly doubt that until SS researchers can do their job unhindered, we will have definite results on the human potential. It is my opinion that we're currently in a very weakened condition because of centuries of enemy curses and adaptation to them.

I would not define myself as an athlete. I do keep myself in shape and strive ever higher. I'm also incorporating iron shirt to reinforce joints overall to the point I may never suffer from the issues old and middle-aged people suffer from. And I will report my results when I reach a good level.

Currently my VO2 Max is less than yours because I was on medical leave a short time ago and I'm still gaining back my strength but it's still in the optimal range. I think the record for male athletes is slightly lower than 90. It's usually people involved with running or even triathlon. I'm not particularly fond of running, if I have to be honest, but I still do it.

So you are an athlete? I like reading your posts.

Stormblood said:
I wonder really if it's not the opposite 70 training and 30 genetics, when it comes to us. Or it's still 50/50 and it's just our genetic potential being activated to higher degrees. The debate nature vs nurture has been going on for a long time and I am no closer at reaching an answer as studies nowadays may contradict each other, because certain lines of thoughts are never explored because of cultural marxism. They are thought to be racist/unfair/whatever.

I highly doubt that until SS researchers can do their job unhindered, we will have definite results on the human potential. It is my opinion that we're currently in a very weakened condition because of centuries of enemy curses and adaptation to them.

I would not define myself as an athlete. I do keep myself in shape and strive ever higher. I'm also incorporating iron shirt to reinforce joints overall to the point I may never suffer from the issues old and middle-aged people suffer from. And I will report my results when I reach a good level.

Currently my VO2 Max is less than yours because I was on medical leave a short time ago and I'm still gaining back my strength but it's still in the optimal range. I think the record for male athletes is slightly lower than 90. It's usually people involved with running or even triathlon. I'm not particularly fond of running, if I have to be honest, but I still do it.

Interesting. You are right about our lackluster level. In time it shall be fixed among other things.

The iron shirt... So basically weighted clothing. You know that reminded me of Dragon Ball Z, as the characters used weighted clothing for training. Never heard about that in real life though. Now I'm interested also. :)

About the vo2max. I remembered the world highest to be 90+ so I searched, and found this: https://www.topendsports.com/testing/records/vo2max.htm

Most are cyclists and skiers. Some runners also. I would say (partially joking) that cycling is the worlds toughest endurance sport. Imagine Tour De France, 3 weeks straight with only a handful of "easy" days. So called easy days are hard for anyone other than high level athlete. Skiing is pretty hard too, but nothing beats cycling. I know, I'm biased. :)

I don't much like running either. I have done some running in the past, but not so much past two years. However sometimes I do walk on recovery days.

You could call me an athlete. Not world class, but very fit anyway. Likewise about your posts.

Henu the Great said:
Stormblood said:

Interesting. You are right about our lackluster level. In time it shall be fixed among other things.

The iron shirt... So basically weighted clothing. You know that reminded me of Dragon Ball Z, as the characters used weighted clothing for training. Never heard about that in real life though. Now I'm interested also. :)

About the vo2max. I remembered the world highest to be 90+ so I searched, and found this: https://www.topendsports.com/testing/records/vo2max.htm

Most are cyclists and skiers. Some runners also. I would say (partially joking) that cycling is the worlds toughest endurance sport. Imagine Tour De France, 3 weeks straight with only a handful of "easy" days. So called easy days are hard for anyone other than high level athlete. Skiing is pretty hard too, but nothing beats cycling. I know, I'm biased. :)

I don't much like running either. I have done some running in the past, but not so much past two years. However sometimes I do walk on recovery days.

You could call me an athlete. Not world class, but very fit anyway. Likewise about your posts.

Iron shirt is a form of qigong that packs energy in your fasciae in order to protect your organs, joints, muscles and bones. It is not literal. Mantak Chia has some books about it. From what I read until now, the basics are about the bellows breath and directing the energy into the specific parts of the body to clean them and strengthen them, then collect the energy back into the manipura chakra.

Right. That's the one I had seen as well. I stand corrected.

I never tried skiing nor snowboarding. They are on my list. I'd have to say that I do not like anything too repetitive, so all triathlon sports are a bit boring for me. Interval training is the only way to make me like any of those sports, because it's intoxicating. I'm more the explosive type. Neurotype 1B. Ever heard of neurotypes? They are based on neurotransmitters: GABA, acetylcholine, noradrenaline and dopamine, serotonin. Just don't mind the personality descriptions. They are a bit one-size-fits-all, unlike astrology.

"Fun" is also why I like gymnastics and trampolining and not weight-lifting or bodybuilding.

Anyway, maybe we can open a new topic to discuss further? I feel like the direction this thread was supposed to go was more on exploring military elite units who incorporate spiritual practices in their training. I'm also available via email sometimes.

Heil Hitler!

Stormblood said:
Henu the Great said:
Stormblood said:

Iron shirt is a form of qigong that packs energy in your fasciae in order to protect your organs, joints, muscles and bones. It is not literal. Mantak Chia has some books about it. From what I read until now, the basics are about the bellows breath and directing the energy into the specific parts of the body to clean them and strengthen them, then collect the energy back into the manipura chakra.

I never tried skiing nor snowboarding. They are on my list. I'd have to say that I do not like anything too repetitive, so all triathlon sports are a bit boring for me. Interval training is the only way to make me like any of those sports, because it's intoxicating. I'm more the explosive type. Neurotype 1B. Ever heard of neurotypes? They are based on neurotransmitters: GABA, acetylcholine, noradrenaline and dopamine, serotonin. Just don't mind the personality descriptions. They are a bit one-size-fits-all, unlike astrology.

"Fun" is also why I like gymnastics and trampolining and not weight-lifting or bodybuilding.

Anyway, maybe we can open a new topic to discuss further? I feel like the direction this thread was supposed to go was more on exploring military elite units who incorporate spiritual practices in their training. I'm also available via email sometimes.

Heil Hitler!

Hello Stormblood, do you have any tips or books to start some military training and to prepare for some exams?

NakedPluto said:
Stormblood said:
Henu the Great said:

Heil Hitler!

Hello Stormblood, do you have any tips or books to start some military training and to prepare for some exams?

I emailed you but, if that makes you uncomfortable, feel free to copy my reply and/or reply here or make a specific thread. Just a note that I'm not old/influential enough to give any secret advice.

Stormblood said:

Heil Hitler!
Ah, you mean THAT iron shirt. Well, that sounds good. How long have you been doing it?

If snowboarding is on your list, be sure to consider downhill biking or enduro biking for the summer season. It's a rush!

I've heard about "being neurotypical", but that's about it. So basically I have to learn more about this subject.

After some moments of reading, I think I'm a blend of 2B and 3. Makes the most sense to me.

I know we derailed, but if you want another thread then create one! :)

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back