Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Potardation

Mageson666

Marijuana Use Predicts Cognitive Performance on Tasks of Executive Function.

Dahlgren MK1,2, Sagar KA1, Racine MT1, Dreman MW1, Gruber SA1,3.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26997188
Author information

Abstract

OBJECTIVE:

Despite growing evidence that chronic marijuana use is associated with cognitive impairment, particularly when use is initiated at an early age, national trends demonstrate significant decreases in the perceived risk of marijuana corresponding with increased use, especially among youth. The current study assessed the impact of marijuana use on executive function and whether patterns of marijuana use, including earlier age at onset, higher frequency, and increased magnitude of use, predict impairment.

METHOD:

Forty-four chronic, heavy marijuana smokers (37 male, 7 female) and 32 healthy, nonsmoking control participants (20 male, 12 female) recruited from the Greater Boston area completed two assessments of executive function: the Stroop Color Word Test and Wisconsin Card Sorting Test (WCST).

RESULTS:

Marijuana smokers had poorer executive function relative to control participants, a between-group difference that was primarily driven by individuals with early onset of marijuana use (before age 16; n = 21); significance remained even when controlling for frequency and magnitude of use. Further, earlier age at marijuana onset and increased marijuana use predicted poorer neurocognitive performance, and perseverative errors on the WCST significantly predicted marijuana group membership.

CONCLUSIONS:

These findings underscore the impact of early onset of marijuana use on executive function impairment independent of increased frequency and magnitude of use. In addition, poorer performance on the WCST may serve as a neuropsychological marker for heavy marijuana users. These results highlight the need for additional research to identify predictors associated with early marijuana use, as exposure to marijuana during a period of developmental vulnerability may result in negative cognitive consequences.

Worth the wait: effects of age of onset of marijuana use on white matter and impulsivity.

Gruber SA1, Dahlgren MK, Sagar KA, Gönenç A, Lukas SE.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24190588

Author information

Abstract

RATIONALE:

Marijuana (MJ) use continues to rise, and as the perceived risk of using MJ approaches an all-time historic low, initiation of MJ use is occurring at even younger ages. As adolescence is a critical period of neuromaturation, teens and emerging adults are at greater risk for experiencing the negative effects of MJ on the brain. In particular, MJ use has been shown to be associated with alterations in frontal white matter microstructure, which may be related to reports of increased levels of impulsivity in this population.

OBJECTIVES:

The aim of this study was to examine the relationship between age of onset of MJ use, white matter microstructure, and reported impulsivity in chronic, heavy MJ smokers.

METHODS:

Twenty-five MJ smokers and 18 healthy controls underwent diffusion tensor imaging and completed the Barratt Impulsiveness Scale. MJ smokers were also divided into early onset (regular use prior to age 16) and late onset (age 16 or later) groups in order to clarify the impact of age of onset of MJ use on these variables.

RESULTS:

MJ smokers exhibited significantly reduced fractional anisotropy (FA) relative to controls, as well as higher levels of impulsivity. Earlier MJ onset was also associated with lower levels of FA. Interestingly, within the early onset group, higher impulsivity scores were correlated with lower FA, a relationship that was not observed in the late onset smokers.

CONCLUSIONS:

MJ use is associated with white matter development and reported impulsivity, particularly in early onset smokers

The Jews own the media this includes the music industry and they always promote smoking weed to the Goyim as something awesome to do. Why do you think they do that...... Why do the Jews want people wacked out on weed.....

Hello, I can't give scientific, but personal answer here. In Germany, many ppl who were born in the 90s or later, listen to german rap music. 99,9% of the widely known rap artists promote heavy,drugs use, especially, weed. Weed is even considered not to be a real drug (!?) by them, and just a normal thing to smoke it all day. These “artists“ are being heavily promoted by the hip hiphop journalism and other medial influences, while the artists, who produce texts which contain a real message are just being ignored.
In the past I was what you can call a weed addict, for some month, and I don't recommend the heavy use for anyone, I find myself be very vurlnerable to certain addictions, where you escape really, and if anyone is this kind of person, never do something like weed. The Thc percentage have risen so drastically in the last years, its just such a super lucky feeling in your mind, for me it was too good so I did it more and more often because your brain doesn't respond to the same dosage each time you do it. The worst thing was also the anxiety that comes up because every second the police can come up and destroy your life, this fear makes you smoke even more. Im now left it behind and knew when I do it again all my meditation progress won't continue because I can't organize myself to do much more than going to the fridge.
As Im writing this I am so happy that I am past this kind of life...

Oh and what I like to addI think its also strategy to promote the weed for us “goyim“ and on the other hand making it illegal for anxiety.

Ok I don't know if this was worth writing I submit it anyways,

Thank you for reading

I grew up in an area were Weed might as well have been legal to use. A person could be burning a joint while walking down the street by cops and no one cared.

So I got to see the social experiment of Weed in society. The more Weed a person smokes the more retarded they become. Weed just shuts people mind down, intellectually and creatively. And makes them soft between the ears for influences. This is why a lot of cults want people to take drugs like Manson's crew or be on weird vegan diets and such. Its a tool that allows them to influence people in the group.

The CIA used mind altering drugs with MLK Ultra to put them under influence to then mentally program them. The Jewish Rockefeller's were behind MLK Ultra. As the Jewish elites created and run the deep state at the top. Note the sexual and cultural revolutions in America were created by the Rockefeller's and Rothschild's and their agents within the deep state, media and such. It was a psychology warfare operation against the Goyim. And the major part of this was the creation of the drug culture and introducing weed, LSD and other mind altering drugs into society. At the same time promoting their Communist propaganda one goes with the other. Most of the current Communist types today in the West are into drugs as well.

i hate people who use drugs.... i know many people in my life and more than a half is using weed, some even worse things... i had shitload of encounters with such people, talk doesnt bring anything, i just say fuck you pothead this friendship is over, i really CANNOT need such people in my life.... their discussions about drugs are just making it any worse... ooohhh yeah, im in germany aswell... seriously, as a croatian (and croatian have high thoughts about germans) i am really dissapointed, that many are going down on this path, but as i said discussions are pointless, you cannot reason with this people, they just dont care, i even had a friend who i introduced to SS and he showed great interesent in it, everythingi gave him to read he did it, no questions asked, even in school times we couldnt shut up about it, but then, the drug dealer showed up in our school, so yeah, he chosed the "faster way to spirutuality"---> secrets of the weed.... i told him my mind and that was it, wasted potential... he even started to meditate (once again, no questions asked), so yeah, he didnt finnished his apprenticeship, his life went down the road, and he lost someone who could be a really good friend for life (me)...

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back