Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

On the chakras and their ruling planets

Shadowcat

Another thing I have pondered on lately. If one has planets in their home or exhalted signs does this mean they have worked on the corresponding chakras to these planets in former lifetimes/are born in this life with those chakras already strong, that correspond to those planets? And vice versa if a planet is in its detriment or fall making the corresponding chakra weaker? (I think this is obviously what a planetary square is for)

And as for a transcendental planet like Neptune. What if its in its detriment or fall? I think Neptune rules the pinial gland but a Neptune square i have heard would not be safe? I have tried the "varuna" mantra of which has had some nice effects.

There is also something else that might be pretty far fetched but: all of our chakras are linked by major and minor energy pathways correct? So if there is harsh aspects between planets in a chart can that mean an energy channel between the two chakras corresponding to those planets is blocked or hindered? Again doing squares came to mind for something like this. But I feel there might even be other ways I just can't put my finger on them. Could be wrong. I know there were special meditations that we are to get sometime that effectively correct troublesome things in a chart. Just a thought I had while doing yoga. Stuff like this has begun to cross my mind alot, how a natal chart is a map of the soul and what It can mean where we are at not just physically but spiritually too.

If one has planets in their home or exhalted signs does this mean they have worked on the corresponding chakras to these planets in former lifetimes/are born in this life with those chakras already strong, that correspond to those planets? And vice versa if a planet is in its detriment or fall making the corresponding chakra weaker?

It's an important factor and can have an effect on the power of a particular chakra, but I'ts far from being the only factor.
One might have a strong Mars, but have many difficualties concerning the element of Water, which hinders the power of the Sacral Chakra.

There is also something else that might be pretty far fetched but: all of our chakras are linked by major and minor energy pathways correct? So if there is harsh aspects between planets in a chart can that mean an energy channel between the two chakras corresponding to those planets is blocked or hindered? Again doing squares came to mind for something like this. But I feel there might even be other ways I just can't put my finger on them.

It can indicate such thing, but again, there are many other factors to consider when analyzing the energy relations between two or more planets.

In astrology I'ts a bad idea to assume something based on only one indicator. The more factors support a certain feature of one's chart (such as a career or personality trait) the higher the chance of manifestation.

To judge the strength of a planet, a better indicator always is to go off the person themselves and look at them. The reality of the actual physical situation. Then consider what this planet in question is doing secondly. If this planet is prominent and on/aspecting the angles and with positive aspects on it, this is a bigger indication of it being stronger than the sign it is in alone.

For example, if the Sun is in Leo in the 6th house, and isolated save for a Neptune aspect, along with maybe the Mars 10th house near the angle- being in a water sign with Saturn, this would point to a weaker solar plexus naturally. By being in a cadent house aspecting a malefic. This Mars (say if in Scorpio) could develop strongly though, and based on the dynamics of the chakras, Mars' feeds into the Sun's strength and this one could build it up.

But say also I know this person to be not a very self assertive person (typical early on in Mars/Saturn people) and they are very confused by their Sun/Neptune that they don't even consider assertion of themselves in the fullest light. Then I have to also consider this in how their Sacral/Mars would feed into the above chakra.
At the Sun's level in such a case regardless of the Leo position, Neptune's imposition on this sun throws off the natural "fixedness" of this planet in it's right sign. It is still much stronger here than in Pisces or something, but with a Sun/Neptune in Leo the person will be confused of their strong and willful side balancing with the Neptunian confusion, whereas a Sun in Pisces with this aspect would go for this more naturally and be more inclined to meditation, sensitivity etc. The upwards energy of Mars could flow into either confusion or creation here. So it swings in roundabouts.

Not only like the case of above, do I have to consider the sign position but also the aspects, the house placement, and also the blending of all these into my own level at understanding the dynamics of how they all play towards eachother in the souls workings and of reality like in how this person is social in the world, expresses themselves individually etc.

THEN there is also retrogrades+ stationary, fixed stars, special, critical and/or anaretic degrees(0' and 29'), over-presence of numerological consistencies, aspect type consistencies, whether a planet rules multiple houses (via it's signs, co-signs or even decanship) which are all incredibly acute and scrutinous details, but one of which could revolutionise this person's understanding of themselves if you were doing the chart for them, and met in these an awakening to this person's spiritual anatomy. There are many many things beyond even those also. You could also consider the planetary day and hour, the Moons phase and its position in the light, the Vedic classifications of certain parts of the signs etc. etc. Then how that blends in too, then the next stuff and blend it in...then the next stuff and blend... :lol:

You have to look at and consider how the chakras feed into eachother. Looking at the chart and how the patterns flow, and seeing the planets flowing as their respective chakras flow if that makes sense.

I wish I could write an example like above about all of them into one, one day. I need to progress my knowledge first and ability to convey this more simply too, and less rambling.

https://ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42018
I wrote a post here about judging prominence of planets, which is essentially also prominence of chakras. I also made some replies on the Astrology board about the dynamics of the throat and heart of the implications given by the fact that they cross over in rulership, which might interest you.

To answer your question regarding former lifetimes and chakra work, chakras being strong can also occur from raw experiences through each life as well not just through work as often we led lives without. Chakras being strong in past lives I believe on the surface level is seen with the relationships of their respective planets, to the angles, and aspects with Jupiter + the other planets/chakras they gel with the most which would be benefic for them.

If the planet is in detriment or fall this does not always 100% make it weaker considering the other stuff I wrote in the example. About Neptune, along with Pluto it rules only the ethereal and outerly portions of what the pineal gland is dealing with and looking at. The Moon is the eye itself which is looking and it rules the actual physicality and whole of the Pineal gland hence it also ruling the Pineal 6th chakra. Memories for example, the main functions of your Mind and your everyday emotions are not Neptunian-esque, ethereal, unless you are meditating that day in a deep state. Same with Pluto, unless on that day you are battling mentally and fighting for your life or something else that is strange and Plutonian.

The Moon has primacy over the Mind and Femininity and not the insanity of the Outer planets. It is the juggler between both these higher forces and has to be built up to deal with their intensity. Empowering our Mind means empowering the Moon which is closest to us, not the distant Outer planets. The Personal planets(all up to Saturn) have primacy in the workings of the soul, the 3 Outer planets are secondary in consideration.

For your last questions, Yes, and it is the planets that are to do with blockages like Saturn, whose aspects can block chakras. A Pluto, Neptune or Uranus retrograde over a personal planet could also show this as well as other things like stars and bad degrees. Tight aspects between aspects can otherwise indicate a connection between 2 chakras on the energetic and functional level of the soul, even Saturn ones for the base chakra. These connections can be "harsh" depending on other things, but a square aspect alone isn't harsh even though a lot of people say stuff like this often about squares.

To unblock the chakras you don't use planetary squares, those give where the chakras are at currently, more energy which can be very negative unless affirmed for other stuff or affirmed in of themselves to clean. But that is pretty pointless, almost like why would you clean your car with paint? Might as well just clean it with the white-gold energy, focusing it into the relevant chakras and using Aum Suryae and other cleaning mantras. That's what unblocks them.

Hail Azazel!

Savitar said:
If one has planets in their home or exhalted signs does this mean they have worked on the corresponding chakras to these planets in former lifetimes/are born in this life with those chakras already strong, that correspond to those planets? And vice versa if a planet is in its detriment or fall making the corresponding chakra weaker?

It's an important factor and can have an effect on the power of a particular chakra, but I'ts far from being the only factor.
One might have a strong Mars, but have many difficualties concerning the element of Water, which hinders the power of the Sacral Chakra.

There is also something else that might be pretty far fetched but: all of our chakras are linked by major and minor energy pathways correct? So if there is harsh aspects between planets in a chart can that mean an energy channel between the two chakras corresponding to those planets is blocked or hindered? Again doing squares came to mind for something like this. But I feel there might even be other ways I just can't put my finger on them.

It can indicate such thing, but again, there are many other factors to consider when analyzing the energy relations between two or more planets.

In astrology I'ts a bad idea to assume something based on only one indicator. The more factors support a certain feature of one's chart (such as a career or personality trait) the higher the chance of manifestation.

Thanks for the input. Indeed there are much more things to consider, as i was only bringing up one aspect. Good to know :)

Savitar said:

hello savitar, first of all thanks, for the many information on Sanskrit in recent years.

I wanted to ask you, can you confirm that the sacral chakra is ruled by the water element?

I am practically certain of this, only on the Italian forum there are those who say no.

13th_Wolf said:
To judge the strength of a planet, a better indicator always is to go off the person themselves and look at them. The reality of the actual physical situation. Then consider what this planet in question is doing secondly. If this planet is prominent and on/aspecting the angles and with positive aspects on it, this is a bigger indication of it being stronger than the sign it is in alone.

For example, if the Sun is in Leo in the 6th house, and isolated save for a Neptune aspect, along with maybe the Mars 10th house near the angle- being in a water sign with Saturn, this would point to a weaker solar plexus naturally. By being in a cadent house aspecting a malefic. This Mars (say if in Scorpio) could develop strongly though, and based on the dynamics of the chakras, Mars' feeds into the Sun's strength and this one could build it up.

But say also I know this person to be not a very self assertive person (typical early on in Mars/Saturn people) and they are very confused by their Sun/Neptune that they don't even consider assertion of themselves in the fullest light. Then I have to also consider this in how their Sacral/Mars would feed into the above chakra.
At the Sun's level in such a case regardless of the Leo position, Neptune's imposition on this sun throws off the natural "fixedness" of this planet in it's right sign. It is still much stronger here than in Pisces or something, but with a Sun/Neptune in Leo the person will be confused of their strong and willful side balancing with the Neptunian confusion, whereas a Sun in Pisces with this aspect would go for this more naturally and be more inclined to meditation, sensitivity etc. The upwards energy of Mars could flow into either confusion or creation here. So it swings in roundabouts.

Not only like the case of above, do I have to consider the sign position but also the aspects, the house placement, and also the blending of all these into my own level at understanding the dynamics of how they all play towards eachother in the souls workings and of reality like in how this person is social in the world, expresses themselves individually etc.

THEN there is also retrogrades+ stationary, fixed stars, special, critical and/or anaretic degrees(0' and 29'), over-presence of numerological consistencies, aspect type consistencies, whether a planet rules multiple houses (via it's signs, co-signs or even decanship) which are all incredibly acute and scrutinous details, but one of which could revolutionise this person's understanding of themselves if you were doing the chart for them, and met in these an awakening to this person's spiritual anatomy. There are many many things beyond even those also. You could also consider the planetary day and hour, the Moons phase and its position in the light, the Vedic classifications of certain parts of the signs etc. etc. Then how that blends in too, then the next stuff and blend it in...then the next stuff and blend... :lol:

You have to look at and consider how the chakras feed into eachother. Looking at the chart and how the patterns flow, and seeing the planets flowing as their respective chakras flow if that makes sense.

I wish I could write an example like above about all of them into one, one day. I need to progress my knowledge first and ability to convey this more simply too, and less rambling.

https://ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42018
I wrote a post here about judging prominence of planets, which is essentially also prominence of chakras. I also made some replies on the Astrology board about the dynamics of the throat and heart of the implications given by the fact that they cross over in rulership, which might interest you.

To answer your question regarding former lifetimes and chakra work, chakras being strong can also occur from raw experiences through each life as well not just through work as often we led lives without. Chakras being strong in past lives I believe on the surface level is seen with the relationships of their respective planets, to the angles, and aspects with Jupiter + the other planets/chakras they gel with the most which would be benefic for them.

If the planet is in detriment or fall this does not always 100% make it weaker considering the other stuff I wrote in the example. About Neptune, along with Pluto it rules only the ethereal and outerly portions of what the pineal gland is dealing with and looking at. The Moon is the eye itself which is looking and it rules the actual physicality and whole of the Pineal gland hence it also ruling the Pineal 6th chakra. Memories for example, the main functions of your Mind and your everyday emotions are not Neptunian-esque, ethereal, unless you are meditating that day in a deep state. Same with Pluto, unless on that day you are battling mentally and fighting for your life or something else that is strange and Plutonian.
The Moon has primacy over the Mind and Femininity and not the insanity of the Outer planets. It is the juggler between both these higher forces and has to be built up to deal with their intensity. Empowering our Mind means empowering the Moon which is closest to us, not the distant Outer planets.
The Personal planets(all up to Saturn) have primacy in the workings of the soul, the 3 Outer planets are secondary in consideration.

For your last questions, Yes, and it is the planets that are to do with blockages like Saturn, whose aspects can block chakras. A Pluto, Neptune or Uranus retrograde over a personal planet could also show this as well as other things like stars and bad degrees. Tight aspects between aspects can otherwise indicate a connection between 2 chakras on the energetic and functional level of the soul, even Saturn ones for the base chakra. These connections can be "harsh" depending on other things, but a square aspect alone isn't harsh even though a lot of people say stuff like this often about squares.

To unblock the chakras you don't use planetary squares, those give where the chakras are at currently, more energy which can be very negative unless affirmed for other stuff or affirmed in of themselves to clean. But that is pretty pointless, almost like why would you clean your car with paint? Might as well just clean it with the white-gold energy, focusing it into the relevant chakras and using Aum Suryae and other cleaning mantras. That's what unblocks them.

Hail Azazel!

Thanks alot that was really in depth :D! I know alot more than I did a year ago but a long way to go obviously. I will look into all this more in depth.

Yes I thought that myself about Saturn as well as square aspects blocking and being particularly harsh. Apparently that's not always the case as other things can offset them.

You said the personal planets up to saturn..hmm I thought that included Jupiter too. It seems parts of my hypothesis was correct with aspects but only to a certain extent and not with everything. With malefics and bad degrees it definitely makes sense.

The Moon has primacy over the Mind and Femininity and not the insanity of the Outer planets. It is the juggler between both these higher forces and has to be built up to deal with their intensity. Empowering our Mind means empowering the Moon which is closest to us, not the distant Outer planets.

I wonder how that fairs for those ruled by the moon then :).They must have a knack for certain things. Again though im sure everything comes into play and depends on so much more in the chart.

SS66610888 said:
hello savitar, first of all thanks, for the many information on Sanskrit in recent years.

I wanted to ask you, can you confirm that the sacral chakra is ruled by the water element?

I am practically certain of this, only on the Italian forum there are those who say no.

Hello, I’m glad, if I could help!

Yes, the Sacral Chakra is ruled by the element of Water, the bija-mantra Vaum is of the Water element.

The 5 elements primarly relate to the 5 lower chakras, from Throat to the Root their hierarchy is based on subtleness: Aether - Air - Fire - Water - Earth.

Savitar said:
SS66610888 said:

Hello, I’m glad, if I could help!

Yes, the Sacral Chakra is ruled by the element of Water, the bija-mantra Vaum is of the Water element.

The 5 elements primarly relate to the 5 lower chakras, from Throat to the Root their hierarchy is based on subtleness: Aether - Air - Fire - Water - Earth.

thanks bro

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back