Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Ursula Le Guin and Marion Zimmer Bradley?

Nimrod33

Were those two sci-fi and fantasy authors part of the enemy? I'm asking it because:
1) Ursula Le Guin is the main influence of Hayao Miyazaki (to the point that he even attemped to adapt her Earthsea books), and as far as i've heard of her she was an anarchist and a feminist. But apparently her novels also promotes Taoism, so perhaps she was not 100% part of the enemy.
2) Marion Zimmer Bradley was a Wiccan and by the name she seems 100% part of the enemy, since she is also accused of raping her children with her own husband.

What do you think?

Nimrod33 said:
Were those two sci-fi and fantasy authors part of the enemy? I'm asking it because:
1) Ursula Le Guin is the main influence of Hayao Miyazaki (to the point that he even attemped to adapt her Earthsea books), and as far as i've heard of her she was an anarchist and a feminist. But apparently her novels also promotes Taoism, so perhaps she was not 100% part of the enemy.
2) Marion Zimmer Bradley was a Wiccan and by the name she seems 100% part of the enemy, since she is also accused of raping her children with her own husband.

What do you think?

I don't know anything about the personal lives and possible scandals of these authors.

Read them if you want to.
I make it a point to separate the work from the artist/creator/author. I can appreciate what they have written but not be attached to them, as a person or put them on a pedestal, other the praise of their work.

I have read "Mists of Avalon" and although it is well written and entertaining, that's all I take it for.
I haven't read the Earthsea series.

Watch what you want, but with an aware and discerning eye.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back