Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

1934 Definition of Magic: Evil, Banned by the Church, and the Foundation of Modern Natural Science.

Norse 88

Hi all,

I came across an interesting find in Webster's New International Dictionary Second Edition Unabridged, which was published in 1934. The definition of magic has some interesting things to say so far as Christian meddling and a potent reason as to our current absence of a wide recognition of occult sciences are concerned. I'm sharing this for the SS who I hope might benefit from it. At the very least, I hope it encourages newer members and the doubtful-minded with a perspective on the established views on the meaning of magic nearly a century ago (evil practice banned by Church, foundations of natural science) and now (Hollywood, largely stolen and monopolised by Jews, special effects, being regarded as non-scientific or pretend for Gentiles,etc). Neither being strictly correct, but certainly the former standing far more in agreement with JoS literature.

mag'ic (maj'ik),n. [OF. magique, fr. L magice, fr. Gr. magike (sc. techne), fr. magikos. See MAGIC, adj.] 1. The art, or body of arts, which claims or is believed to be able to compel a deity or supernatural power to do or refrain from doing some act or to change temporarily the order of natural events, or which claims or is believed to produce effects by the assistance of supernatural beings, as angels, demons, or departed spirits, or by a master of secret forces in nature. Magic is not clearly differentiated from science by primitive peoples. It is a part of most primitive religions. With the rise of Christianity to power many magical practices were banned; the Church condemned resort to spirits and demons for knowledge or assistance (as in witchcraft, sorcery, diabolism) not as false but as evil, or black magic. Magic which aims to produce death or injury is also called black magic. On white or natural, magic no ban was placed, and largely from this, which also survives in legerdemain, was developed modern natural science. Magic practices are of four types: Sympathetic magic, based on the principle that like effects like, or that a desired result may be brought to pass by mimicking it, naming it in spells, etc., and on the belief that things once in contact continue to act upon each other after being serparated; divination, the various means of gaining hidden knowledge, as astrology, clairvoyance, augury, sortilege, necromancy, etc.; thaumaturgy, or wonder working, including alchemy, jugglery, legerdemain, and trickery ascribed to demons; incantation, the recital of magical formulas or the pronounceent of a word or words of magical power (as the name of a deity), or the performance of a magical ritual procudure. Cf. 1st MANA.

2. The power or potency brought into play by the arts of magic; hence, any seemingly secret or occult power; as the magic or a great name; also, any insistent of impulsive charm; as the magic of the painters art.

Syn. - Sorcery, necromancy, conjuration, enchantment.

Webster's New International Dictionary Second Edition Unabridged, 1934. p. 1479.

Thank for reading.

HAIL SATAN

This was so awesome to read!! Felt like a True SS wrote it for the common people. Who knows, maybe we're going to get new members this way? It'd be awesome!!!

HAIL SATAN!

I for the last few months have started to entertain the idea that before recently (as in the last 60 or 70 years) people had much more connection with the spiritual world and their past lives and stuff. I feel like in more recent times there was some sort of dark cloud over all of us completely blocking us from any of this stuff. I feel like the energies of incoming Aquarius at first suddenly started to make things way worse along with the enemy energies and curses. People even 100 years ago had much more knowledge were much more resistant to enemy stuff. Not as in knowledge of spiritual practices like today I dont know how to explain it but as in their natural spirit. We are starting to bring this back and wipe out the enemy for real now. The modern ages is when things started to go to shit. I feel like reversing that with the rituals we are ending the modern ages and bringing back the world to the way things were more and more.

Very revealing. As a broad definition that seeks only to define in the most neutral sense, that definition on magic is better than 99% of things you see written on magic in any literature these days.

Imagine how different this world would be if the common folk could open a dictionary when they hear about magic and just see this description? And this description would be publicly available and understood, or such a description would even be taught about in schools?

How different and much better society would be if just this much was known and understood by the folk.

Of course for a proper understanding of the application of magic a lot more supplementary knowledge and an understanding of the different forces behind the magic you are looking to invoke is required (I.E, one must know what to avoid and what is safe and powerful to use), just following that definition to the letter is likely to lead people to madness, but with such a definition publicly available at least magic would be socially acceptable.

Imagine the great impact just the acceptance of the existence of magic would have on science? The one main thing missing in modern science is the spiritual aspect. Almost all modern science is purely material and therefore has countless flaws.

I long for a world where magic is understood for what it is by all people and it truly works in tandem with science, politics and other disciplines that govern and lead to societal advancement.

Adolf Hitler’s Germany is the most recent example of this sort of society on Earth.

How beautiful this world will be when society once again develops to that point, this time while the enemy is crushed and annihilated by our gentile spiritual caste.

Hail Satan!

Norse 88 said:
The definition of magic has some interesting things to say so far as Christian meddling and a potent reason as to our current absence of a wide recognition of occult sciences are concerned.
My opinion on why there is not a wide recognition of occult sciences is because the jews don't want it to be publicly recognised. I have informations that the governments of the USSR, UK, US and Nazi Germany used occult/spiritual warfare beside the physical one during WW2. I read for example that they have been using astral projection to find the location of secret documents or labs or things like this. Is always the classic pattern of hiding any invention or discovery that can improve the world and use it for warfare technology.

slyscorpion said:
Aside from spiritual things that the enemy has done to cut us off from nature, what you described is pretty much exactly just what modern technology is doing. Phones, cellphone towers, PCs, tons of electrical appliances, instant gratification at anytime. That's what caused all these things and made people into the weak pigs they are today.

The entirety of electrical things are built on a wavelength that is inherently unnatural and harmful. Nowadays, any normal human being is exposed to this almost 24/7, regardless of whether they are at work, at home, or anywhere really, since birth. Tesla was working implementing electricity in a natural and good way, and this is what we will shift towards eventually as things get better.

NameHere said:
This was so awesome to read!! Felt like a True SS wrote it for the common people. Who knows, maybe we're going to get new members this way? It'd be awesome!!!

HAIL SATAN!

Hello NameHere,

Thank you so much for your uplifting response.

I had been 'umm-ing and ahh-ing' about whether or not to post this topic to the JoS sorums for months. I thought no one would find it interesting! How delighted I am to see I was wrong. And I will post more finds like this in the future. (I hope we gain more members this way, too!)

I am sorry for the lateness of this reply. (My notifcations never told me about this topic's responses....???). I hope this finds you well.

HAIL SATAN, MY FRIEND.

Thank you.

slyscorpion said:
I for the ....

Hello, Slyscorpion.

Interesting response. Thank you.

One could allude to all sorts of culprits as to who the dark cloud you mention might be. Especially in the last 60 to 70 years...television, post WWII education reform in schools and Darwinian evolution taught as fact quickly jump to mind. But I think it's a large culmination of multiple efforts to derail us. Judging by the book I quoted before, and other old books I've got, I'd say that there is some truth to what you say about people having more knowledge (in some respects) a century ago. I hear you, much is in disarray. The modern age would probably be alot better if humanity becomes responsible and respectful towards the power of the internet. What do you think?

Shael said:
slyscorpion said:
Aside from ..

The entirety of electrical things are built on a wavelength that is inherently unnatural and harmful.

Hello Shael,

Thank you for your response.

I'm interested in what you've said about unnatural and harmful wavelengths, could you explain it to me further, or if you're pressed for time, send me some useful links for reading. Cheers.

The Alchemist7 said:
My opinion on ...

Hello, The Alchemist.

Thank you for your response.

I, on the whole, do agree with what you're saying. I state that what I've posted above is a single example of the many unpleasant contributions to the enemy's grander objective of subversion and obfuscation of our occult sciences and knowledge. Magick in the dictionary 87 years ago is nothing like what we find today (I suggest you look it up in your preferred latest edition dictionary to see). Thus, the English language is apart of the enemy's targets (which we well know).

VoiceofEnki said:
Very revealing....

Hello VoiceofEnki,

Thank for your thoughtful response. It's a pleasant imagination, indeed! Imagine not having a different word for science, and another for magick. As the definition from Webster's says, in the past people did not separate magick from science. The two were one and the same. In such a world, there is no separate pile for magick, and a pile for science. No implicit rule saying one is legitimate for the reader, and the other is "harry potter", nonsense, or illusions for street performers. We'll get there. Thank you for chatting to me about your imaginings. Let's raise our spirits up, my friend.

My apologies to everyone I've replied to for my late reply. I'm sorry. Hopefully, no more delays like this.

HAIL SATAN HAIL THE GODS HAIL ORION

Norse 88 said:
NameHere said:

HAIL SATAN!

Hello NameHere,

I had been 'umm-ing and ahh-ing' about whether or not to post this topic to the JoS sorums for months. I thought no one would find it interesting! How delighted I am to see I was wrong. And I will post more finds like this in the future. (I hope we gain more members this way, too!)

I am sorry for the lateness of this reply. (My notifcations never told me about this topic's responses....???). I hope this finds you well.

HAIL SATAN, MY FRIEND.

Thank you.

I'm glad to uplift you!

And make sure to mark the option for 'Notify me when a reply is posted' in the Options section.

HAIL SATAN!

NameHere said:
Norse 88 said:
NameHere said:

HAIL SATAN!

Hello NameHere,

HAIL SATAN, MY FRIEND.

Thank you.

I'm glad to uplift you!

And make sure to mark the option for 'Notify me when a reply is posted' in the Options section.

HAIL SATAN!

Oh, great! How did I miss that?

Thank you so much for that advice. Ancient forums is actually a first for me as far as participating with a forum goes (can you tell? Haha.) Not my strongest suit, but I'm glad to be learning. Thanks again.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back