Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Kundalini Yoga...Pronunciation

David

What is the pronunciation of sat and nam in Kundalini yoga?How pronounce it (Sat)(Nam)

Should I pronounce it like the name father SATAN? Like Set , nem
Or saat , naam

IMG.jpg

For letter S: Hiss from the back of your throat like a cat. Not harsh but light smooth and evenly. Take your time with the vibration. It should sound like a cats hiss or like fire.

Letter A: Open mouth wide as in saying "father". Aaaahhhh.

Letter T: Put your tongue on the back of your hard palate where your two front teeth meet your gums. Vibrate the T. It should sound like betwwen a letter T and a Z.

Letter N: Vibrate as in saying the word "no". On your hard palate in your mouth. The sound N should be long and drawn out. It is a nasaly sound.

Letter A: Same instructions as above.

Letter M: Keep your mouth closed. Put your tongue in the position as you would say the word "dog". But you will be vibrating the letter M as in saying the word "mother". The energy mainly should be felt in your head and filling up the head with energy.

ETERNAL_LIFE_666 said:
For letter S: Hiss from the back of your throat like a cat. Not harsh but light smooth and evenly. Take your time with the vibration. It should sound like a cats hiss or like fire.

Letter A: Open mouth wide as in saying "father". Aaaahhhh.

Letter T: Put your tongue on the back of your hard palate where your two front teeth meet your gums. Vibrate the T. It should sound like betwwen a letter T and a Z.

Letter N: Vibrate as in saying the word "no". On your hard palate in your mouth. The sound N should be long and drawn out. It is a nasaly sound.

Letter A: Same instructions as above.

Letter M: Keep your mouth closed. Put your tongue in the position as you would say the word "dog". But you will be vibrating the letter M as in saying the word "mother". The energy mainly should be felt in your head and filling up the head with energy.
Thankful

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back