Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

SS "Metal" Album

Pisces

Early on this year not long after I dedicated, I began writing a "metal" album. At this point, I have all the instrumentals written. Aside from some guitar doubling on several tracks, all but one are recorded. It's 9 songs in total, and will be about 36 minutes long.

Unfortunately, its far from done since my biggest issue with writing songs is lyrics. And also once I have written lyrics, it will be a bit of a chore to set up a time and place whereby I can record vocals. (as you will hear, I can't exactly go screaming these harsh vocals in the apartment complex I currently live in, albeit, it might not be that different from some of the domestic disputes I sometimes overhear... :lol:)

Anyways, I would like to share one song with you all that I have recorded a vocal demo for. This is one of the shorter tracks on the album, there are several on the album. It is more along the lines of hardcore punk, "Blackened Hardcore" if you will. The lyrics were not complete at the time, but they are as follows:

"Verse:
It's a spiritual war
The battleground's on the astral plane
Prepare!
Take aim!

Chorus:
Fire fRTRS!
Victory will be ours! x2"

In the recording, it just repeats the verse twice, but here is the second verse:

"We strike the kikes at their core
Raise energies!
Advance forth!
Make ready!*
Take aim!"

*its gonna be "make ready" as apposed to "prepare" in both verses so its more like actually battle calls

here is a link to the track:https://mega.nz/file/DOgAlCBJ#ckjTt6m_3Grunkb0PLkpnyR7fkWxAeH7SPRVk_qCEWA

Once I complete all the instrumentals, perhaps I'll share them all. And idk, maybe if anyone is interested they could help write some lyrics, I would not be against collaborating.

I also have no intention of really "releasing" this album outside of here. I would simply like dedicate it to the Joy Of Satan, and of course to Satan and the Gods of Hell!

I hope whoever checks this out will enjoy! :)

Hail Satan!

That guitar line just after the second repeat of the chorus is bliss. I like how you just left it, didn't go too overboard there. The vocals sound raw in the same vein as well.

I love it!

You should totally keep some of that slack in the final version, it separates it from all the other metal songs.

Nice metal scream by the way.

13th_Wolf said:
That guitar line just after the second repeat of the chorus is bliss. I like how you just left it, didn't go too overboard there. The vocals sound raw in the same vein as well.

I love it!

You should totally keep some of that slack in the final version, it separates it from all the other metal songs.

Nice metal scream by the way.

Thank you! :) I had a feeling you would dig it. I’m sure you pick up on the punk vibes in it. I used to listen to a lot of punk and 80’s hardcore in my teens and early 20’s. I’ve never commented about it, but I appreciate your insight and observations on punk music, since I sort of got jaded over punk rock. This album is basically the product of me getting into black metal, but the raw nature of it is more from punk music than black metal. Punk raw is more in the feel, whereas black metal raw is just like, record it like shit. And I know a thing or 2 about recording, I prefer a more raw approach to recording, but like, not to the degree of some black metal lol.

I was really happy when I came up with that little solo, plus I don’t got the chops to go over the top with soloing :lol:

I should have said it was a vocal first take as apposed to demo, because the final take probably won’t be too much different. Just a tiny bit more tight.

The thought is appreciated, but for me, I dislike the vocals the most.

And also, understanding what you hear is not easy, especially for those not interested in this type of music.

Lunar Dance 666 said:
The thought is appreciated, but for me, I dislike the vocals the most.

And also, understanding what you hear is not easy, especially for those not interested in this type of music.

Thanks for the feedback.

Maybe I’ll try to annunciate a little better in the final take, but I prefer raw screams in general. I’ve rarely listened to a metal album where I can understand all the lyrics without reading them. That is the nature of screaming.

Pisces said:

I found an early Stooges track you could practice your metal punk screams with XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cfH93B9ono

Anyone else reading this I don't know if you'd want to listen to this, I think it exists only for us weirdos :lol:

13th_Wolf said:
Pisces said:

I found an early Stooges track you could practice your metal punk screams with XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cfH93B9ono

Anyone else reading this I don't know if you'd want to listen to this, I think it exists only for us weirdos :lol:

Haha that’s a good warmup track. :lol:

Ravenheart666 said:
Either way man, this is sick I like it a ton! Tell us when you put stuff up for sale.

Thanks, glad you dig it! :D

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back