Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Theist Satanism and Occultism?

UMBRA_MESSENGER108

What's the difference between Theistic Satanism and Occultism ?

I always thought it's the same but I may be wrong and would like an enlightenment on that please?

UMBRA_MESSENGER108 said:

I always thought it's the same but I may be wrong and would like an enlightenment on that please?

Completely different things. Occultism or Esotericism is:

Esoteric and Occult is a broad category embracing religious and mystical traditions and practices throughout history which have served as alternatives to mainstream religions. Esoteric and Occult also encompasses secret societies, underground groups and unusual activities that fall within occultism, meaning the study of hidden things, that is, the hidden structure of reality and of humanity. The esoteric movement in the West began with Græco-Roman traditions of magic and mystery, and has continued to the present day through such well-known traditions as Neo-Platonism, Alchemy, Kabala, and Theosophy. Egyptian and other ancient religions have long been of esoteric interest although they are not truly alternative; they were mainstream religions in their native cultures, and only became esoteric after they were revived centuries or millennia later. These revivals have sometimes embraced traditions of questionable historicity such as occult Templarism and medieval Witchcraft, as well as real traditions seen through a distorted historical lens. Since the 19th century many Western esotericists have cultivated interests in Eastern mysticism as well. Yoga is commonly practiced by esotericists today, and modern occult conceptions have been strongly influenced by Hinduism, Buddhism and Taoism, especially as interpreted by Theosophy and Thelema.

Most Occult organizations are Right-Hand Path or Christian-based. You have the Rosicrucian Fellowship, which is totally Christian, Theosophy which is Hindu and Buddhist-based, Gnostic Christians and Martinists, both Christians, the Golden Dawn which is Judeo-Christian with some Egyptian and Greek elements. There are various orders of Ceremonial Magicians which use the Jewish kabbalah and Jewish grimoires. Thelema, Aleister Crowley's religion is based on the Golden Dawn with some Eastern (Hindu, Buddhist and Taoist) influences.

Theistic Satanists are all who believe Satan is a real being. They may be Occultists but they may be not. But in this forum we are Spiritual Satanists.

-ismism is the ism for me. That's personally my favourite ism, you should check it out if you have the time.

Yeah they're just words to define the little nuances of belief but otherwise it's just pointless as true Satanism becomes less about belief and more about knowledge as one progresses. -ismisms are a primitive ideological system.

They are pretty much intrinsically bound them two words, I'm guessing occult-ism is where they do spiritual works, but play around with objects thinking the power comes from the objects not themselves+ they haven't yet decided on whether they want to commit to Satya yet, I.e Occultism would be just general interest in the occult and thus not a safe thing if you are led astray. Otherwise it's really whatever, I would see it particularly as just dabbling right? Better off going all in and being a Satanist because there's no gamble and a guaranteed 666% return on your investment :lol:

13th_Wolf said:
-ismism is the ism for me. That's personally my favourite ism, you should check it out if you have the time.

Yeah they're just words to define the little nuances of belief but otherwise it's just pointless as true Satanism becomes less about belief and more about knowledge as one progresses. -ismisms are a primitive ideological system.

They are pretty much intrinsically bound them two words, I'm guessing occult-ism is where they do spiritual works, but play around with objects thinking the power comes from the objects not themselves+ they haven't yet decided on whether they want to commit to Satya yet, I.e Occultism would be just general interest in the occult and thus not a safe thing if you are led astray. Otherwise it's really whatever, I would see it particularly as just dabbling right? Better off going all in and being a Satanist because there's no gamble and a guaranteed 666% return on your investment :lol:
This caught my eye ,was a very interesting quote.

I recommend you read this book,
The End of Philosophy, the Origin of 'Ideology': Karl Marx and the Crisis of the Young Hegelians
http://library.lol/main/DD9B21D3BC44D6C26E3BCA7E7630480F

Jack said:
13th_Wolf said:

This caught my eye ,was a very interesting quote.

I recommend you read this book,
The End of Philosophy, the Origin of 'Ideology': Karl Marx and the Crisis of the Young Hegelians
http://library.lol/main/DD9B21D3BC44D6C26E3BCA7E7630480F

Thanks, I'll have to read it at some point this week when I'm not busy

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fqj0pXGQbLg&list=PLSXIM_UPJfFUrr4qtyJlt6C0x8PP14s0i&index=5

Check out this band^, I think you'll like them. Ahead of their time.

Also this- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QjA-aFWOZOw
(Right now it's got 666 thousand views which gives me hope in people today. I think that's the lockdown's work)

I rate that this guy and his band Ultravox pretty much invented The Police, Depeche Mode and all of the electronic popular music at large. That's an exaggeration though, there were others but yeah- the obscure ones do it for me personally.

This is a better video- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dW54X5IEgIk

13th_Wolf said:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fqj0pXGQbLg&list=PLSXIM_UPJfFUrr4qtyJlt6C0x8PP14s0i&index=5

Check out this band^, I think you'll like them. Ahead of their time.
Japan just got a new listener. Don't know about their other stuff, but that album I like.

Damon said:
UMBRA_MESSENGER108 said:

Completely different things. Occultism or Esotericism is:

Esoteric and Occult is a broad category embracing religious and mystical traditions and practices throughout history which have served as alternatives to mainstream religions. Esoteric and Occult also encompasses secret societies, underground groups and unusual activities that fall within occultism, meaning the study of hidden things, that is, the hidden structure of reality and of humanity. The esoteric movement in the West began with Græco-Roman traditions of magic and mystery, and has continued to the present day through such well-known traditions as Neo-Platonism, Alchemy, Kabala, and Theosophy. Egyptian and other ancient religions have long been of esoteric interest although they are not truly alternative; they were mainstream religions in their native cultures, and only became esoteric after they were revived centuries or millennia later. These revivals have sometimes embraced traditions of questionable historicity such as occult Templarism and medieval Witchcraft, as well as real traditions seen through a distorted historical lens. Since the 19th century many Western esotericists have cultivated interests in Eastern mysticism as well. Yoga is commonly practiced by esotericists today, and modern occult conceptions have been strongly influenced by Hinduism, Buddhism and Taoism, especially as interpreted by Theosophy and Thelema.

Most Occult organizations are Right-Hand Path or Christian-based. You have the Rosicrucian Fellowship, which is totally Christian, Theosophy which is Hindu and Buddhist-based, Gnostic Christians and Martinists, both Christians, the Golden Dawn which is Judeo-Christian with some Egyptian and Greek elements. There are various orders of Ceremonial Magicians which use the Jewish kabbalah and Jewish grimoires. Thelema, Aleister Crowley's religion is based on the Golden Dawn with some Eastern (Hindu, Buddhist and Taoist) influences.

Theistic Satanists are all who believe Satan is a real being. They may be Occultists but they may be not. But in this forum we are Spiritual Satanists.

Thanks, i was just looking for another name, if there is one, for Theist Satanism.

I'm following the Ordo Umbra book in JoS site and it says somewhere along the line to never tell your enemies you're real religion and that's why i'm looking for another name that might give hints That i'm Theist Satanist aand that's why most of the time I simply went with "Mage" or "Warlock" without going too much into details with non-TS.

UMBRA_MESSENGER108 said:
Thanks, i was just looking for another name, if there is one, for Theist Satanism.

I'm following the Ordo Umbra book in JoS site and it says somewhere along the line to never tell your enemies you're real religion and that's why i'm looking for another name that might give hints That i'm Theist Satanist aand that's why most of the time I simply went with "Mage" or "Warlock" without going too much into details with non-TS.

I'd avoid reading strange books by delusional individuals who glamourized self-harm as a form of self-discipline. That books is NOT on the JoS library, as is nothing from that person... for good reason.

Stormblood said:
UMBRA_MESSENGER108 said:

I'd avoid reading strange books by delusional individuals who glamourized self-harm as a form of self-discipline. That books is NOT on the JoS library, as is nothing from that person... for good reason.

If that book is NOT on the JoS site..so why it's still available thru their site?

Scroll down JoS.org to Links >> Free Satanic E-Books & online resources >> Click on Blue (Older Posts) Button down the page >> You'll find Ordo Umbra E-Book right above Ayperos - Book of Posts.

UMBRA_MESSENGER108 said:
Stormblood said:
UMBRA_MESSENGER108 said:

If that book is NOT on the JoS site..so why it's still available thru their site?

Scroll down JoS.org to Links >> Free Satanic E-Books & online resources >> Click on Blue (Older Posts) Button down the page >> You'll find Ordo Umbra E-Book right above Ayperos - Book of Posts.
The Joy of Satan website is massive. Not everything is updated. The clergy are small staffed.

But the main stuff like Satan's library is updated. That's why you might find some outdated links if you keep looking in the old JoS parts. Especially the links section of JoS is really outdated.

It also contains also other websites that are outdated or doesn't exist anymore. I would recommend you stay away from that guys' work.

He is not with us anymore and have betrayed the JoS just like other unworthy individuals that were in our community before.

Good luck.

UMBRA_MESSENGER108 said:
Stormblood said:
UMBRA_MESSENGER108 said:

What Mercury Wisdom said. Moreover, JoS does not advocate self-harm. It promotes healing and growth instead, which do not come from cutting yourself and other practices that show severe hang-ups related to the muladhara chakra.

UMBRA_MESSENGER108 said:
in JoS site and it says somewhere along the line to never tell your enemies you're real religion and that's why i'm looking for another name that might give hints That i'm Theist Satanist aand that's why most of the time I simply went with "Mage" or "Warlock" without going too much into details with non-TS.

Ehh, honestly you should not give any clues or hints. To close friends, you can tell them you are a pagan, deist, or wiccan. To anyone else, just say athiest or non-religious.

There is really nothing to gain, yet a lot to lose, if people learn what you truly believe. Always better to hold your tongue.

If you want to convert someone, however, you would start slowly with exposing christanity, exposing kabbalah, etc. Then show them stuff on occult stuff, depending on how much they believe in spirituality. From here, you could probably start to tie together exactly how bad Christianity is. You could also show how ancient cultures practices yoga and meditation.

The point is go for small steps that that the person may slowly accept, instead of just launching straight into the heavy material. I wouldn't use Satan's name until the later stages, for example. Just say "pagan gods".

Blitzkreig said:
UMBRA_MESSENGER108 said:
in JoS site and it says somewhere along the line to never tell your enemies you're real religion and that's why i'm looking for another name that might give hints That i'm Theist Satanist aand that's why most of the time I simply went with "Mage" or "Warlock" without going too much into details with non-TS.

Ehh, honestly you should not give any clues or hints. To close friends, you can tell them you are a pagan, deist, or wiccan. To anyone else, just say athiest or non-religious.

There is really nothing to gain, yet a lot to lose, if people learn what you truly believe. Always better to hold your tongue.

If you want to convert someone, however, you would start slowly with exposing christanity, exposing kabbalah, etc. Then show them stuff on occult stuff, depending on how much they believe in spirituality. From here, you could probably start to tie together exactly how bad Christianity is. You could also show how ancient cultures practices yoga and meditation.

The point is go for small steps that that the person may slowly accept, instead of just launching straight into the heavy material. I wouldn't use Satan's name until the later stages, for example. Just say "pagan gods".

Makes sense, thanks :)

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back