Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Traditional art or digital?

Which one would be more promising for a stable income?

I see that Traditional art such as oil painting can sell for a huge amount compared to a digital art. But there aren't many aspirants paying for these traditional methods courses online but for digital art, such as NSFW art, anime NSFW, but that's uncomfortable and mundane for me.

But I would love to do artistic nudity in drawings which looks beautiful.

Lately I'm interested in learning to draw with charcoal as this is the method for professionals but graphite pencils can draw more neat and clean Realistic looking portraits.

But then I think, it is pointless to draw Realistic looking pencil portrait because one could just take a realistic looking selfie LOL , no?? Andnit doesn't give me the artistic impressions when I look at it despite it being created with graphite pencils, very realistic,clean and neat.

Whereas, charcoal portraits look rough, but do people nowadays tend to and WOULD YOU order/buy charcoal realistic but rough looking portraits or graphite clean neat portrait?

And I'm interested in oil painting too. But materials are expensive and it gets messy.

Whereas with digital drawings, you just need a tablet and pen lol.

I think digital drawing can be utilised in some other ways but I don't get ideas except those anime NSFW artworks lol.

It is futile for me to use digital painting software for drawing realistic human portraits. Because..again one could just take a realistic looking selfie of himself instead lol.

The reason I'm also willing to learn digital drawing is because it is becoming a kind of good business online, and it is also used for video game characters drawings.

Don't know what to do.

A friend of mine does strictly traditional art, and in a photorealistic style, which is the opposite of me. This friend has managed to sell large paintings at expeditions for nearly a thousand dollars each, several times, so there are always people who are enthusiastic enough about something to expend great amounts of money. Even if it is 'just' a drawing, or a watercolor portrait, even a statue, or indeed, a charcoal creation.

Traditional art is actually expensive, both to make and to purchase, because of several reasons. When the same friend took me to an art supply place, I was devastated by the conditional requirements it really takes to create traditional art on a professional scale. There's several hundreds of different pens and brushes, all for different methods of lining and coloring (oil painting, dry gouache, watercolor), there's the canvases and their varying sizes and physical texture, and so many other physical assets that are incredibly specific to how you intend to go about the creation of art.

This is also not including the maintenance of tools, like how paint dries and can crust to flake, ink seeps too hard or too soft depending on the canvas or paper, brushes harden from the paint and water. There's also the physical fragility of the artwork, in that it can rip, or you smudge it wrongly with your sponge once and defile the entire thing. This'd also affect transportation of the work and the situational conditions it is subjected to.

Imagine all this trouble, and no one even buys the damn thing. Essentially, drawing or painting digitally, completely negates all the issues mentioned above.

Now, to answer that concern of yours regarding the sense of futility in drawing a portrait, when one could easily take a photograph of themselves. Photography's a different field, and there are countless things in art that make art what it is. Anyone can take a photo, yes, but there are certain ways and styles in drawing that makes it distinctly personal to your style, influenced by your usage of color theory and all that comprises it, your experience in techniques such as perspective, dynamism, contrast and values, ambient occlusion, and maybe even caricature to some extent.

Photography, as beautiful and variant as it can be, is still locked to the single dimension of our reality in vision, as a camera sees only what is before it, and nothing you capture in front of you, is something you've devised and constructed from nonexistence. Whereas in illustrative art, whether it be traditional or digital, painted or drawn, is unbound through imagination, through which it can truly be your own, yours, from your very own mind, forged by the limitless techniques and experience you've developed over years of absorbing the inspirations and ideas that make your style, your own.

A photograph cannot mimic an illustration, but an illustration can mimic a photograph. However... is the latter truly feasible in regards to everything I mentioned, that makes illustration so unique? Yes, it takes an incredible amount of skill and practice to draw a photorealistic portrait, but... you'd be limiting your style to something anyone could simply take a photograph of. Which is exactly what you were wondering.

You see, one's end-goal in art does not necessarily have to become able to draw photorealistic portraits, but once you incorporate the forms of creativity that photos cannot emulate, even if you do draw a photorealistic portrait... that's what makes art, art. And hell yeah, people would buy that.

Why can’t you do both? Lack of time or resources? You are right, digital art will be more profitable, but if you are a talented artist traditional art can also be profitable. It may be more difficult, but mixed with money workings and the tools we have as Satanists, you have the advantage in that regard. Either way, I wouldn’t create something just for the sake of money unless it is some corporate graphic design work. You could potentially burn yourself out on your art and is it really art at that point?

I’ve struggled with that myself as a writer. You can make decent money churning out erotica and romance, but I’d rather spend the time working on something that reflects me as an artist and a Satanist. That can still be profitable. But I don’t think any of the greatest art was made with the intention of it being a product. It’s just another thing kike’s have ruined for gentiles.

sahasraraBliss666 said:
In my personal opinion, digital drawing is much easier to earn money from, 100%. I would not say that it is "easy" at all, but its certainly less hard than with traditional, phsyical painting. Digital art can be marketed and sold to so many more people. It's far more accessible, and that alone makes it the better choice if your goal is to earn money with it.

As with anything at all that you plan to sell, the highly simplified path to success is to first ensure you have a high quality product and then to work hard on marketing this to lots and lots and lots of people. This will eventually give you sales and success no matter what. As long as your work is high quality, you just have to continuously get people to hear about it, and you will eventually end up with interested clients.

sahasraraBliss666 said:

I see that Traditional art such as oil painting can sell for a huge amount compared to a digital art. But there aren't many aspirants paying for these traditional methods courses online but for digital art, such as NSFW art, anime NSFW, but that's uncomfortable and mundane for me.

Lately I'm interested in learning to draw with charcoal as this is the method for professionals but graphite pencils can draw more neat and clean Realistic looking portraits.

But then I think, it is pointless to draw Realistic looking pencil portrait because one could just take a realistic looking selfie LOL , no?? Andnit doesn't give me the artistic impressions when I look at it despite it being created with graphite pencils, very realistic,clean and neat.

Whereas, charcoal portraits look rough, but do people nowadays tend to and WOULD YOU order/buy charcoal realistic but rough looking portraits or graphite clean neat portrait?

And I'm interested in oil painting too. But materials are expensive and it gets messy.

I think digital drawing can be utilised in some other ways but I don't get ideas except those anime NSFW artworks lol.

It is futile for me to use digital painting software for drawing realistic human portraits. Because..again one could just take a realistic looking selfie of himself instead lol.

The reason I'm also willing to learn digital drawing is because it is becoming a kind of good business online, and it is also used for video game characters drawings.

Don't know what to do.

Art?? stable income?
if these two went together i would have finished my art degree a long time ago.

Shadowcat said:
sahasraraBliss666 said:

Don't know what to do.

Art?? stable income?
if these two went together i would have finished my art degree a long time ago.

Fine artists are also making a stable income online by teaching.... Tutorials. Through patreon and on their website. Just search on youtube.

Check on youtube "Kirsty" not Kristy, she is self taught artist making money through her website and patreon. Another one is Emily, I forgot their full channel names.

I believe art even if you don't have fine arts degree can make you a stable income. Just need to do some little marketing and need help REACH your work to people.

There is one girl from Canada Sakimichan who draws beautiful elves, NSFW anime girls and boys, mostly girls, and she is making $30K per month on her Patreon. Sex sells. Lol.

Obviously it took her years to reach that popularity and followers base. She insists on making portfolio on deviantart...but other medias could also be used.

Some Traditional self taught artists making good money from commissions...by drawing their pencil graphite portraits.

They charged around 80-100-150 dollars per portrait. It takes them around 4-6 hours to finish one portrait.

Good amount of money.

Art can make stable income on patreon, on personal website. You just need FOLLOWERS and don't need to be unique I think

I'm more interested in learning that dry brush technique of Russian artists and charcoal Portrait technique now.

Always post your finished work on photo social medias like Twitter and others. Fill up your social media portfolio then you can post some short clips of your unfinished work too. But...
And upload time lapse videos of you drawing... No need to show face or speak.

Shadowcat said:

Or you can find a tourist spot in your place and charge a good amount per portrait. If you are good at drawing Portraits. This method cannot make stable income I think.

Shael said:
sahasraraBliss666 said:
In my personal opinion, digital drawing is much easier to earn money from, 100%. I would not say that it is "easy" at all, but its certainly less hard than with traditional, phsyical painting. Digital art can be marketed and sold to so many more people. It's far more accessible, and that alone makes it the better choice if your goal is to earn money with it.

As with anything at all that you plan to sell, the highly simplified path to success is to first ensure you have a high quality product and then to work hard on marketing this to lots and lots and lots of people. This will eventually give you sales and success no matter what. As long as your work is high quality, you just have to continuously get people to hear about it, and you will eventually end up with interested clients.
Yeah. But I'm confused what to draw digitally. Should I just simply draw those NSFW anime girls or something? I can't find a niche.

But the thing is, Traditional art sells for a huge amount even a pencil portrait...digital art would be better for me if I get alot of patreon followers, ofcourse the art just be very good in quality.

Egon said:
Do digitial
https://youtu.be/PqIaYHP-89Y

Yeah... I'll watch it soon

traditional will be something of value in the long term and you will be a better artist too but digital has its perks, especially now. do whatever you prefer.

HauptSturm said:
and you will be a better artist too
Don't know where people get these ideas from but that's a silly misconception, I'd recommend watching the video. Traditional tools won't make anyone more competent in art, on the contrary I'd say the time saving tools of the digital can help in learning faster the same art principles and techiniques you would apply in physical mediums, that's only a matter of going from a tool to create art to another.

I had a thing going a while back where I would screenshot meme pictures and take photos rapidly on my phone so the image was blurry. If I had a good feeling about it, I would go on Photoshop and layer filter after filter (sometimes like 16 screenshots with different filters and tweaked opacity and other settings) and other effects on the picture, adjusting different sliders not based on how I knew what to do (I don't) but what I felt to do. Sort of like an avant-garde photography or something lol. Some of the stuff looked pretty cool and I just deleted the crap. I even once did some corpse paint and got it so that with an inverted filter, it looked as though the paint on my face was cyan, pink-purple and also the background was green-blue with weird non-typical streaks and kite shapes all over the picture from the odd settings I had put. Sort of merging together but not like an artist would do or anything. Sometimes it would look like the Aether as well in the background.

I called it Cyber graffiti :lol:

I don't know if I should post the pictures here.

Maybe I'll make new ones, but I'd have to find some interesting stuff to do again. It's like something all the e-girls and all them people would drool over.

I think it would be awesome to do a painting, or some kind of scenery in a traditional way and from different angles and methods of taking the picture, do many pictures and maybe even merge them together in some way? Then do reams and reams of filters. I think some people would find that disrespectful or something but I don't really give a shit it looks new. It's art of the moment, you can do it in any scene if you have a good picture of friends or at like a wild festival or something and do the layer thing to it. There's always a chance you could turn it into something that looks phenomenal, a chance that increases if you are more sensitive and inspired during the editing process.

You can add things like stickers and other elements into different layers and edit them in later layers to look completely different. It's the coolest thing.

sahasraraBliss666 said:
Shael said:
sahasraraBliss666 said:

Yeah. But I'm confused what to draw digitally. Should I just simply draw those NSFW anime girls or something? I can't find a niche.

But the thing is, Traditional art sells for a huge amount even a pencil portrait...digital art would be better for me if I get alot of patreon followers, ofcourse the art just be very good in quality.

I apologise if I didn't seem clear enough in my first response, but my intention was to encourage the exact opposite of what you said, which I marked in bold. I'd also like to apologise in advance as I'll try to utilise more brash vocabulary in hopes of conveying my point more directly...

You do NOT have to stoop yourself to drawing commissions of NSFW anime girls, ESPECIALLY if it is not something that you do not like. Drawing things you don't even enjoy, just for money, would be giving up everything that art should be about... it's the expression of what you love and what you can create using your creative ability, and your admiration for what has inspired you. Selling yourself drawing basic anime bitches (in often really weird fetishes from the commissioner), isn't creative, and gets boring as all fuck. Trust me, I've drawn this shit for people. It's mentally damaging and self-sacrificing.

There are already people who try to monetise their art through drawing only sexual content, because "sex sells", but you ask them to draw one thing they actually like, and they're empty fucking husks who can't think of anything that comes from their own heart, and they realise they wasted 5 years of learning how to draw just for their potential customers' dicks. What's worse, is these incredibly skilled artists who are highly adept, who have reduced themselves to mimicking Sakimichan's art style, just because she's the epitome of NSFW artists and makes a ton of money. But guess what? She doesn't make anything non-sexual anymore, not in years.

Okay, a good thing to mention is that these people have something that drives them. I got a friend who draws NSFW and sells it, and he loves it. That's great, because we should all only draw what we like, otherwise we'd just be drawing for the potential admiration of random strangers. You, have already stated that you don't like drawing NSFW anime girls due to a sense of discomfort and monotony. Perfect, so why would you ever surrender your artistic ability, identity and creativity for the fetishes of others? Money? I guess... but you're gonna start to fucking hate drawing, even though you've come all this way...

As an artist who helps other artists, I've seen all sides and angles of this question reoccur over the years. But as we're both Satanists here, I absolutely care so much more for you in helping you find the right track, in our field.

You do NOT have to draw NSFW to get money. It is not just the content of your art, but the proficiency of your ability, that will attract commissioners. I say this from experience, too.

Good luck...

Porque-no-las-dos-o.gif

Porqué no las dos?

OhNoItsMook said:
sahasraraBliss666 said:
Shael said:

I apologise if I didn't seem clear enough in my first response, but my intention was to encourage the exact opposite of what you said, which I marked in bold. I'd also like to apologise in advance as I'll try to utilise more brash vocabulary in hopes of conveying my point more directly...

You do NOT have to stoop yourself to drawing commissions of NSFW anime girls, ESPECIALLY if it is not something that you do not like. Drawing things you don't even enjoy, just for money, would be giving up everything that art should be about... it's the expression of what you love and what you can create using your creative ability, and your admiration for what has inspired you. Selling yourself drawing basic anime bitches (in often really weird fetishes from the commissioner), isn't creative, and gets boring as all fuck. Trust me, I've drawn this shit for people. It's mentally damaging and self-sacrificing.

There are already people who try to monetise their art through drawing only sexual content, because "sex sells", but you ask them to draw one thing they actually like, and they're empty fucking husks who can't think of anything that comes from their own heart, and they realise they wasted 5 years of learning how to draw just for their potential customers' dicks. What's worse, is these incredibly skilled artists who are highly adept, who have reduced themselves to mimicking Sakimichan's art style, just because she's the epitome of NSFW artists and makes a ton of money. But guess what? She doesn't make anything non-sexual anymore, not in years.

Okay, a good thing to mention is that these people have something that drives them. I got a friend who draws NSFW and sells it, and he loves it. That's great, because we should all only draw what we like, otherwise we'd just be drawing for the potential admiration of random strangers. You, have already stated that you don't like drawing NSFW anime girls due to a sense of discomfort and monotony. Perfect, so why would you ever surrender your artistic ability, identity and creativity for the fetishes of others? Money? I guess... but you're gonna start to fucking hate drawing, even though you've come all this way...

As an artist who helps other artists, I've seen all sides and angles of this question reoccur over the years. But as we're both Satanists here, I absolutely care so much more for you in helping you find the right track, in our field.

You do NOT have to draw NSFW to get money. It is not just the content of your art, but the proficiency of your ability, that will attract commissioners. I say this from experience, too.

Good luck...

Yeah I understand what you wrote. I have the same mentality. But look at the Traditional way of drawing portraits of people for commission. Then you have to send the art by post, but then what if they aren't satisfied with their drawn portrait. Problems....

I wouldn't like to do commisions but something to generate income on my personal site or some site like patreon. Oil paint and all other Traditional artists do not make enough money on sites like patreon or even through their site selling tutorials.

People nowadays usually interested in digital art. Especially those Anime NSFW stuff.

Yeah I know I've read posts from artists on reddit how they were given very strange mindfuck description of what their clients wanted them to draw...totally DISGUSTING. Most of those clients must be jews if not all, but most of them.

It is ok to draw NSFW Anime stuff for me but I mean I wouldn't like to draw those weird out of the world stuff specifically for clients.

I was interested in charcoal Portrait technique, but people like neat and clean.

Charcoal technique can only be useful if I'm sitting at a tourist spot and draw for tourists on their request. It is a professional technique. Measuring face proportions by observation.. real time.

---------------------

I think I'll try doing them both. Anime sfw and NSFW and also Traditional Portraits. Jewtube channel would be helpful.

Traditional methods are expensive. You have to buy buy buy and buy materials sometimes you spend more on the materials than you earn from the art.

But digital art commisions can make less money ,half the money than you make with Traditional art commisions.

But I'm just looking to build a following with this anime NSFW stuff so hopefully it can generate an income.

I just don't like drawing those shit descriptions...but NSFW anime girls would be fine.

Then I think I'd be just wasting time and I should rather invest time in learning the charcoal technique and Russian dry brush technique. But I hate buying materials every time.

---------------------

If only I could find my style in art for example drawing sceneries, or something.... I'd be happy doing the Traditional art only. Because it is more valuable than digital art. But I don't know what I like to draw... I just know I like to draw portraits but I get bored of it always.

There is always and alot of confusion in my mind as to what I should draw...

I'm old. No job. Sometimes I think it is too late to LEARN or do anything at all now. It would take years to learn and I don't have that much time to spare.

sahasraraBliss666 said:
I just don't like drawing those shit descriptions...but NSFW anime girls would be fine.
You can do commissions and simply state beforehand that you dont accept that kind of stuff. There are lots of successful artists like that who refuse to draw those things.

Egon said:
HauptSturm said:
and you will be a better artist too
Don't know where people get these ideas from but that's a silly misconception, I'd recommend watching the video. Traditional tools won't make anyone more competent in art, on the contrary I'd say the time saving tools of the digital can help in learning faster the same art principles and techiniques you would apply in physical mediums, that's only a matter of going from a tool to create art to another.
Yes I agree. I actually wanted to mention this. If you are doing art for art sake then go for it but if you want to make money in art then traditional art is the way to go unless you can find a way around this like donations or something. Which is the topic at hand here. A stable income... In that case, digital is not a way to go. Unless you make an onlyfans account for your drawings or limit the prints or something, idk...

sahasraraBliss666 said:
Yeah I understand what you wrote. I have the same mentality. But look at the Traditional way of drawing portraits of people for commission. Then you have to send the art by post, but then what if they aren't satisfied with their drawn portrait. Problems....

I wouldn't like to do commisions but something to generate income on my personal site or some site like patreon. Oil paint and all other Traditional artists do not make enough money on sites like patreon or even through their site selling tutorials.

People nowadays usually interested in digital art. Especially those Anime NSFW stuff.

Yeah I know I've read posts from artists on reddit how they were given very strange mindfuck description of what their clients wanted them to draw...totally DISGUSTING. Most of those clients must be jews if not all, but most of them.

It is ok to draw NSFW Anime stuff for me but I mean I wouldn't like to draw those weird out of the world stuff specifically for clients.

I was interested in charcoal Portrait technique, but people like neat and clean.

Charcoal technique can only be useful if I'm sitting at a tourist spot and draw for tourists on their request. It is a professional technique. Measuring face proportions by observation.. real time.

---------------------

I think I'll try doing them both. Anime sfw and NSFW and also Traditional Portraits. Jewtube channel would be helpful.

Traditional methods are expensive. You have to buy buy buy and buy materials sometimes you spend more on the materials than you earn from the art.

But digital art commisions can make less money ,half the money than you make with Traditional art commisions.

But I'm just looking to build a following with this anime NSFW stuff so hopefully it can generate an income.

Then I think I'd be just wasting time and I should rather invest time in learning the charcoal technique and Russian dry brush technique. But I hate buying materials every time.

---------------------

If only I could find my style in art for example drawing sceneries, or something.... I'd be happy doing the Traditional art only. Because it is more valuable than digital art. But I don't know what I like to draw... I just know I like to draw portraits but I get bored of it always.

There is always and alot of confusion in my mind as to what I should draw...

I'm old. No job. Sometimes I think it is too late to LEARN or do anything at all now. It would take years to learn and I don't have that much time to spare.

I absolutely agree that this is a difficult method of reliable income, and it sucks that it can be hard to simultaneously love a hobby AND maintain a sustainable financial balance from it. But I hope to encourage you with one statement: You can devise whatever style you wish, and the right people will commission you. Charcoal does not have to be messy. I was actually shown a beautifully realistic, clean charcoal portrait by a friend of mine.

There are tools available to smoothen edges and create more pleasantly transitioning contours between shadows, whether it be with charcoal or other methods. The portraits my friend showed me possessed the realism and quality of black and white photographs, yet still retained the artistic element of the charcoal rendering.

It was beautiful, and I know you can do this too.

I can't relate to being old, but I personally believe that it's never too late to learn something. I've studied some things together with people who were above 55, maybe 60. If anything, perhaps your life experience could even contribute to learning processes, for things that your knowledge might apply to?

In any case, what you wish to do, CAN work. As SS, we even have the ability to make our desires come true, with the proper energies and procedures. Good luck again

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back