Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Profession, job?

Peter

I have a problem.

I only have high school, but I’m already working and I don’t like it.

I want to go to college, but I have no idea which major to choose.

I am simply interested in too much of everything: film, history, languages, cultures, health, yoga. I can't choose! I don't know what's right for me.

I completed a lot of self-knowledge tests, but it didn’t help. I also did an astrological analysis, that didn't help either.

I don’t know what to do and time goes by.

I would most like to study to be a film director, but you can't make a living from it here and it would be very difficult to get a job.

Thank you for help.

Peter said:

Sounds like you're a changer, you love variety and want to try everything, this has to do with a love for freedom - perhaps you're a Sagittarius? It's very hard to devote to one thing sometimes because you just want to try and be part of all the fun and love for each subject.

Film, history, languages and cultures are quite specific that seem to adhere to a more narrowed down category of what you like. This is all media and communications and involves people, very open ended. So try and narrow that down a little, you like working with people, directing with people, knowing about people and communicating with people and you like it to be very open and flexible, free with creativity and openness to it.

Whatever is probably most appropriate for you to go into it definitely involves a social aspect and an air of freedom with a dash of creativity to it. I can see you probably really enjoying traveling, photography (perhaps in professionally working as a model photographer with people), maybe combine things such as photographing historical sites and working with people alongside it (traveling can involve learning new languages so all of your interests have a potential of going hand in hand with different careers), perhaps even working on a cruise ship.

Try and ponder on this for a bit and see what you can narrow down and single out, perhaps you'd enjoy having two part jobs for variety instead of one full-time job, just switching between the two throughout the week. This way it's a lot easier to resign from one that it turns out you don't like and find another part time job to see what you really enjoy and what you can see yourself sticking to.

You can also take a look around Indeed.com and see what jobs are out and about that you can take a look at and determine which ones seem to sound right to you. I'm not telling you to apply to anything, just to look to see what type of jobs are out there in the world and see what you can note down the aspects to each ones that you like such as is it flexible? Does it involve nature? Communications? Social working? Art? What do you like about it? etc.

Hope this helps.

Do a working to attract the best suitable career path for you. You can always ask Satan or a demon for help too.

Get a career reading from Lydia or HP HoodedCobra.
Also, you don't necessarily have to do just 1 thing in your life.

Peter said:
I have a problem.

I am simply interested in too much of everything: film, history, languages, cultures, health, yoga. I can't choose! I don't know what's right for me.

I completed a lot of self-knowledge tests, but it didn’t help. I also did an astrological analysis, that didn't help either.

I would most like to study to be a film director, but you can't make a living from it here and it would be very difficult to get a job.

Thank you for help.
You can get a reading from Lydia about which career paths would be best suitable for you. Sounds like you have your natal Mercury aspecting Jupiter. I have it too (exact conjunction on a critical degree) and I can be interested in/study many fields of knowledge simultaneously.

Peter said:

My advice is to pick whatever career path, out of those that interest you, that is the most stable in its work schedule, so you can protect your meditation schedule and sleep. If a job requires 60 hours per week or overtime/on-call time, this could screw up any spiritual regimens you have, or at least make you sacrifice something else.

You can always do a wealth/career working for a better position within that career, as well as wealth through other means, such as investments and what not, so don't focus too much on just the salary.

Were these self-knowledge/natal tests done for career in mind, or were they just general interest tests? Finding career specific ones can help filter the hobbies into tangible jobs.

Also, don't feel rushed in the sense that you have to pick now. There is no point spending money on extra education when you won't put it to use.

Blitzkreig said:
Peter said:

My advice is to pick whatever career path, out of those that interest you, that is the most stable in its work schedule, so you can protect your meditation schedule and sleep. If a job requires 60 hours per week or overtime/on-call time, this could screw up any spiritual regimens you have, or at least make you sacrifice something else.

You can always do a wealth/career working for a better position within that career, as well as wealth through other means, such as investments and what not, so don't focus too much on just the salary.

Were these self-knowledge/natal tests done for career in mind, or were they just general interest tests? Finding career specific ones can help filter the hobbies into tangible jobs.

Also, don't feel rushed in the sense that you have to pick now. There is no point spending money on extra education when you won't put it to use.

I think I got to second Blitzkreig on this one. Working a 50 or 60 hour grind SUCKS!! It will only make it harder to stick to your meditations. Especially if you don't already have a strong meditation habit established. Honestly, I don't even really like a five day 40 hour work schedule. I haven't tried a four day full-time schedule. Maybe it would be slightly more tolerable.

Also yeah, I agree on not rushing college if you have no idea what you want to do. I went and still somewhat regret it. I'm still paying off college debt. If you go to a 4-year college, be damn sure you know what you want to major in! In my opinion, at least here in the US, I think there are only a few careers worth going to a 4-year for. If you can get a fantastic scholarship though, that will go a long way towards defraying the cost, and it might make perfect sense to attend a 4-year college. Otherwise, college is just too expensive.

Also, keep in mind that not every reasonably well-paying job requires a 4-year degree. You could apprentice or go to a trade school for little to no school debt.

Anyways, I wish you the best of luck. Hope you figure it out.

Peter said:
I have a problem.

Thank you for help.

When you are choosing a job (or area of study) take into account how many hours a week it will require, and make sure however the schedule is it is what will work for you.

I am currently choosing which field of interest to go into based on what will be useful and applicable during most futures. Something which will retain my passion, allow me to live the life I want to lead, and will net me the most money for the effort I put into it.

It's okay not to choose everything right now. You can choose the path you most want or need at this moment (or do a working to attract that path to you), become very good at whatever that path leads you to - to live a comfortable life, and soon enough you would have enough time to do anything else you wish you dabble in or vehemently pursue.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back