Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Some advice for a reoccurring issue?

RavenSky666

This is an issue I have had for several years, it comes and goes. I sometimes have a few years without experiencing it, but it always seems to come back. I have never fully understood what causes it, but there could be many factors such as stress and lack of sleep, which I have been experiencing both lately. The issue happens when I am in a sleep state. I sometimes feel I am not breathing enough or that I am dying, and I will be jolted awake. Now this may sound like sleep apnea but it comes on more of like a panic attack. I have read up in full about sleep apnea and it doesn't seem to fit the issue I have. When this happens I find it hard to sleep at night because I don't know when these panic attacks are going to happen. They only happen when I am in a deep sleep state, or if I take a stimulant like Caffeine. it seems Caffeine can trigger these episodes in me as well but not as frequently. It could be a health issue, like perhaps my diet is triggering heart burn which is making me feel this way, but I was also wondering if it could be a spiritual attack from the enemy as well because this also will happen to me sometimes when I try to meditate deeply and go into a trance state. My issue here is when I go into a deep trance, I suddenly become very aware of my breathing and I can't stop focusing on it. I suddenly feel like the slowing down of my breathing is possibly going to kill me. I know this is a silly thought so when it happens I try to void that out and think of nothing, but then I start to get the tingling sensation on my face and arms and hands and I start to go into this mild panic attack. It doesn't always happen to me, but when it does it can be scary. Lately I am focusing more and more on bettering myself and taking care of health. I had a friend pass away at a young age and it's got me more concerned about my well being. I have been jolted awake several times thinking I was actually dying and I ask my Guardian and Father for help. they do help me, and That gives me comfort, and I calm down some. I will then try to meditate briefly. but this has really been messing with my sleep schedule. and really messing with me mentally and physically. Because I am not aware of the root of the issue I am not entirely sure how to handle it. Have any of you guys experienced something like this before? How did you handle it?

RavenSky666 said:

Sleep apnea. I strongly encourage for you to get tested for it, they'll give you a machine to sleep with and if it turns out you do have sleep apnea you can get yourself a sleep apnea machine, I believe they're covered for in expenses.

Don't delay, especially if this is developing into a phobia which is another matter to deal with in and of itself on the psychic spiritual side which sucks as a hindrance. In any event feeling like you're struggling to breathe or aren't getting enough air when sleeping or trying to sleep isn't just some psychological response to nothing. Things like this shouldn't just be left as a last minute deal, the sooner it's dealt with the better.

If it does turn out to be sleep apnea then perhaps if you're willing on the forum here you can go from there on figuring out how to cure it. If it isn't sleep apnea, well then we can figure it out and find the cause and solution.

Right now though I strongly suggest you get tested for sleep apnea. You can likely get a referral from your family doctor, a local physician or your local hospital. Either way they'll guide you in the right direction.

I hope to hear a response after you get tested and receive results. I can't help further otherwise on my end.

Ghost in the Machine said:
Sleep apnea. I strongly encourage for you to get tested for it, they'll give you a machine to sleep with and if it turns out you do have sleep apnea you can get yourself a sleep apnea machine, I believe they're covered for in expenses.

Don't delay, especially if this is developing into a phobia which is another matter to deal with in and of itself on the psychic spiritual side which sucks as a hindrance. In any event feeling like you're struggling to breathe or aren't getting enough air when sleeping or trying to sleep isn't just some psychological response to nothing. Things like this shouldn't just be left as a last minute deal, the sooner it's dealt with the better.

If it does turn out to be sleep apnea then perhaps if you're willing on the forum here you can go from there on figuring out how to cure it. If it isn't sleep apnea, well then we can figure it out and find the cause and solution.

Right now though I strongly suggest you get tested for sleep apnea. You can likely get a referral from your family doctor, a local physician or your local hospital. Either way they'll guide you in the right direction.

I hope to hear a response after you get tested and receive results. I can't help further otherwise on my end.

Thank you for the concern. I don't really believe it's sleep apnea but I could be wrong. I'll have to be tested to really know I guess, but I'm not currently in a position where I can see a doctor right now unfortunately, but I'm working towards where that can soon change. I'll give an update once I know something.

RavenSky666 said:

Thank you for the concern. I don't really believe it's sleep apnea but I could be wrong. I'll have to be tested to really know I guess, but I'm not currently in a position where I can see a doctor right now unfortunately, but I'm working towards where that can soon change. I'll give an update once I know something.

It's best to rule out the physical first regardless before trying to correct anything spiritually, especially with something like this. This is because if it's a physical problem caused by a physical factor then no amount of spiritual effort is going to correct the source issue and you're only going to end up wasting your energy and time as well as possibly enabling the actual problem to grow worse.

I know you said the information you've found on sleep apnea doesn't sound like your case but I know very well about sleep apnea personally and it sounds precisely like the case, the only difference is on my end there was no concept of spiritual factor to it back then because it wasn't even known at the time so I never associated anything of the sort to it. Normies think everything wrong with them is physical because they're not aware of the spiritual, let's not think everything wrong with us is spiritual on the other side of the spectrum just because we do know about the existence of the spiritual.

Real physical factors can cause real physical problems. Perhaps the development of the phobia or you thinking there's some sort of psychic attack on your breathing while you sleep is actually an intuitive manifestation of the spiritual realm or your astral conscious actually telling you that you really aren't physically breathing properly in your sleep. This is what it looks like to me anyways.

In any event, when you are able to, please get tested for it as soon as possible for the sake of your wellbeing brother and let me know how it goes.

That is caused by your brain not getting enough oxygen. Either not breathing enough, heart not pumping enough, or bad circulation of the blood which could be caused by the physical position you are in. The brain thinks that it is not getting enough oxygen, so it wakes you up and makes you breathe real deeply to get the oxygen going again. Because the brain is worried you might die if you don't wake up right now and breathe. This might be sleep apnea, or might be some other similar thing.

It's best to rule out the physical first regardless before trying to correct anything spiritually, especially with something like this. This is because if it's a physical problem caused by a physical factor then no amount of spiritual effort is going to correct the source issue and you're only going to end up wasting your energy and time as well as possibly enabling the actual problem to grow worse.

I know you said the information you've found on sleep apnea doesn't sound like your case but I know very well about sleep apnea personally and it sounds precisely like the case, the only difference is on my end there was no concept of spiritual factor to it back then because it wasn't even known at the time so I never associated anything of the sort to it. Normies think everything wrong with them is physical because they're not aware of the spiritual, let's not think everything wrong with us is spiritual on the other side of the spectrum just because we do know about the existence of the spiritual.

Real physical factors can cause real physical problems. Perhaps the development of the phobia or you thinking there's some sort of psychic attack on your breathing while you sleep is actually an intuitive manifestation of the spiritual realm or your astral conscious actually telling you that you really aren't physically breathing properly in your sleep. This is what it looks like to me anyways.

In any event, when you are able to, please get tested for it as soon as possible for the sake of your wellbeing brother and let me know how it goes.

Thank you for that, You have a point, I never thought of it that way. I can't always assume every issue going on with me is a spiritual related issue. I always do worry about that. Leaning about how the enemy can send attacks in many different ways has made me overly cautious about things like this.

Ol argedco luciftias said:
That is caused by your brain not getting enough oxygen. Either not breathing enough, heart not pumping enough, or bad circulation of the blood which could be caused by the physical position you are in. The brain thinks that it is not getting enough oxygen, so it wakes you up and makes you breathe real deeply to get the oxygen going again. Because the brain is worried you might die if you don't wake up right now and breathe. This might be sleep apnea, or might be some other similar thing.

I think I know now what my issue is. I used to have issues with heart burn/gerd when I was a young pre-teen, I always thought it was due to stress because I had a lot of stress in my life at that time. that is also back when I had a similar issue where at night I would wake up not feeling good and had issues sleeping. It has been a long time since this happened, but during this time I was waking up with panic attack like symptoms. it has been a reoccurring issue for me, and Upon research I read that stomach acid can actually cause panic attacks and loss of sleep due to acid coming up the throat, it tricks the brain into thinking one is not breathing well, when in fact it is because the acid is burning stomach acid realted scars on the throat and esophagus, causing pain that the body can't process well. especially when one is asleep. It has been a few years since this happened to me, I actually stopped having acid reflux after I wasn't as stressed out, so I was eating whatever I wanted for a few years. Recently I had a strong interest in changing my diet, I think it's no coincidence. I think my diet, eating foods that are too spicy or acidic, has weakened my stomach again and that coupled with the stress of my job and my friend who passed away simply triggered this problem to come back worse than before. I am currently going to take an antacid and probiotics to see it that relives my symptoms. If that doesn't work then I will know if I have developed a worse condition like sleep apnea, in which case I will see a doctor and be treated. I actually found out about this link of g.e.r.d and sleep disturbances in an interesting way, I woke up feeling bad as I have been, I was asking Father and my guardian for help because I was really feeling bad, for some reason I got online and I started to doze off while typing and have no memory of actually pulling up this page, but I came upon this page explaining about the common relation of Gastroesophageal Reflux and sleep disturbances. I can't even find the same webpage now honestly, I thought I bookmarked it. I would link it here. but it basically described exactly what was happening to me, panic attacks in my sleep, feeling like I'm not breathing well, feeling chest pains but not having any other heart related issues, and the weird nausea I have been getting after eating sometimes. the page listed to sleep in a more elevated position, and to have a diet of no sodas or caffeine, more water, low acid and non spicy foods, and regular use of antacids and probiotics as common treatments for the condition. I feel it was no mistake I found that page, so I am going to go by that advice for now. I will let you guys know after a few weeks If it worked! Thank you all for your support and advice!

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back