Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Masks and CO2

Pisces

With regards to breathing in too much CO2 when wearing a mask, are people over exaggerating this as being a serious health risk?

I ask because at my job it is always mandatory to wear a mask as I work in manufacturing and our products created a lot of dust.

I mean you get people who are all lol about seeing other people wearing masks cause “haha you’re breathing in CO2 sheep!” When it’s just wearing it for a small amount of time. Meanwhile I am required to wear one for 8 hours a day, and have been long before Covid.

I mean, I’m no scientist, but if the oxygen can come through the mask into your lungs, the CO2 is also permeating the mask on your exhale. It doesn’t stay trapped in unless your like hyperventilating maybe? And you’re always breathing in some amount of CO2 no matter what. Air isn’t pure oxygen. That would kill you. The mask is more like a filter. Oxygen and CO2 still come and go through. Just like if you ran water through a filter.

It is far better to wear a mask if you are constantly inhaling foreign particles like rock dust. They can damage your lungs. How effective they are in stopping viral transmission seems unclear to me though. On the box of the medical masks I’ve seen it says it is to prevent contamination in the event some bodily fluid is splashed on your face. Not to prevent viral infection. Actually, It is also very possible to get viruses through your eyes too. This is all politics on the matter aside...

People seem to be just applying basic science they don’t really understand to justify their fear of government overreach. Which is something very real. And the media looooves to highlight these people because it makes anyone against any kind of real government overreach look stupid.

The masks are the perfect surface level issue right now to facilitate all that because the whole world is aware of it and any anomaly out of the 300 million people in the US just living their lives that throws a tantrum about not wearing a mask makes anyone that thinks they may not be totally necessary look like an idiot.

A lot of states are going to start making it mandatory anyway. People are going to start getting fined for not wearing a mask in public. So it really just feels like the beginning of this whole ordeal unfortunately.

Ps sorry to have posted this in Joy Of Satan 666, as I realize I should have posted this in the health forum.

If it is one of those little blue masks that come in a box with 50 of them, it is not making you breath CO2. Those masks don't really do much of anything. They let all the air move past them when you breath in, and they let all the air move past when you breathe out. Those masks, all they really do is just show that you have a mask on so people don't get mad at you for not having one. But they don't really physically do anything.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back