Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Ancient-Forums Offline Version (June-July)

Hello, I am downloading all that I can of the Ancient-Forums site (Updated June-July)

Please keep in mind
-The file extension is .htm to find this file find https.ancient-forums.com folder and look for the Ancient-merged (found at the near very top) or simply search for Ancient-merged.htm
-Links leading to joyofsatan.com will direct you to the online version
(This also applies to any other link found on the forums) if you like to view the Joy of Satan sites offline then I recommend you download The Alchemist7's JOS Offline sites archive which can be found here
https://ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=42136
-The search function does not work
-You can not view a members profile since that requires a login
-Clicking on the Posts link underneath a members name will take you to the posts they've made but unfortunately these can not be clicked on and will instead lead to a file error (This is because the software does not reach that far into downloading due to the Levels that was set, if the Levels were raised from 3(original) to 6 then the file size would be massive (we're talking well over 30GB) and it simply requires too much time to download and to add every link to an inclusion and exclusion list.

The Offline forums is split into 3 parts, to make use of these files you're going to need 7zip which can be found here
https://www.7-zip.org/download.html once the files are downloaded simply select all 3 files right click - 7-zip - Extract files then choose your extraction location

Hopefully I have covered everything needed to explain. I hope you all enjoy the offline versions of the forums, I am thinking about downloading the offline version of the old forums but we'll see :D

Download link: https://mega.nz/folder/K7xSDShA#HwFNKomDiLg5F5MFCmya0g
Compressed size: 2GB
Uncompressed size: 15GB

Hail Father Satan and all those allied to him :smile:

NoCreativeNameHereV2 said:
Hello, I am downloading all that I can of the Ancient-Forums site (Updated June-July)
Wonderful work. Is good to see that more and more Joy of Satan data gets saved. Even if the search function is not working, there is the posibility to browse the forum offline which is also very useful, for example you can go on a certain page and use the word search function of the browser to find specific articles. The main disadvantage with the forums is that the offline archive needs constant update due to sermons being posted constantly, but a copy downloaded now and then can do.

The Alchemist7 said:
Wonderful work. Is good to see that more and more Joy of Satan data gets saved. Even if the search function is not working, there is the posibility to browse the forum offline which is also very useful, for example you can go on a certain page and use the word search function of the browser to find specific articles. The main disadvantage with the forums is that the offline archive needs constant update due to sermons being posted constantly, but a copy downloaded now and then can do.

Hello, sorry for the late reply and also for bumping an old post but I'm providing an update for the forums with the new topics in the Important Articles. It's been a pain to do but I think I've managed to do and if all goes well I can provide weekly updates :D Also what you say about the search function doesn't work even if you're on a specific sub-forum doing so will just lead to an error. Reason is, is because the search function, members, team and user-control-panel pages are all in-fact php files and they need to be linked to a html file to work based on the little amount I've read.

I've opened up the search.php file which becomes a .html file when saved offline in notepad and changed all the sites with .php on the end to either .htm or html.....Searching for something will show the result in the address bar but it wont yield any results basically just refreshing the page. The only way this can be achieved is if the one responsible for writing the .php files links them to the offline html.

Hello, sorry for the late reply and also for bumping an old post but I'm providing an update for the forums with the new topics in the Important Articles. It's been a pain to do but I think I've managed to do and if all goes well I can provide weekly updates :D Also what you say about the search function doesn't work even if you're on a specific sub-forum doing so will just lead to an error. Reason is, is because the search function, members, team and user-control-panel pages are all in-fact php files and they need to be linked to a html file to work based on the little amount I've read.

I've opened up the search.php file which becomes a .html file when saved offline in notepad and changed all the sites with .php on the end to either .htm or html.....Searching for something will show the result in the address bar but it wont yield any results basically just refreshing the page. The only way this can be achieved is if the one responsible for writing the .php files links them to the offline html.
Hello sorry for the late reply myself, I've been inactive for a while. If the forum sermons would be saved in the same way like I saved JoS in .html files with the name of the sermon used as the name of the file, the search function of the file manager will work without problem. If one knows what sermons they are looking for, they will just type a word and all the files containing the world(s) will appear. It can also be updated easily, all neded is to go the archive and download the new sermons in .html, basically is exactly what I did but applied to the forum. The only problem is that users are constantly posting replies and those posted after the download moment of the sermon won't be saved.

The Alchemist7 said:
Hello sorry for the late reply myself, I've been inactive for a while. If the forum sermons would be saved in the same way like I saved JoS in .html files with the name of the sermon used as the name of the file, the search function of the file manager will work without problem. If one knows what sermons they are looking for, they will just type a word and all the files containing the world(s) will appear. It can also be updated easily, all neded is to go the archive and download the new sermons in .html, basically is exactly what I did but applied to the forum. The only problem is that users are constantly posting replies and those posted after the download moment of the sermon won't be saved.

Unfortunately the sermons from the forums can't be saved the same way you've done for the JOS sites, I found the forums on the archives but I don't believe them to work. The reason the JOS sites have the name on the url is cause they were manually added like that, but the forums weren't coded like that if HP Cobra or whoever created the forums had coded it in a way to where titles of the topic would be the name of the url and not some random generated code then it would be a lot easier. But people will just have to browse page by page to find what they're looking for.

Also as you mentioned the amount of replies but I believe we can brush past that and focus only on the sermons but then again all input is needed.

The Alchemist7 said:

Unfortunately the sermons from the forums can't be saved the same way you've done for the JOS sites, I found the forums on the archives but I don't believe them to work. The reason the JOS sites have the name on the url is cause they were manually added like that, but the forums weren't coded like that if HP Cobra or whoever created the forums had coded it in a way to where titles of the topic would be the name of the url and not some random generated code then it would be a lot easier. But people will just have to browse page by page to find what they're looking for.

Also as you mentioned the amount of replies but I believe we can brush past that and focus only on the sermons but then again all input is needed.
Yes I noticed this where I click on a sermon and some random topic comes up that is unrelated. However I'm in the process of manually downloading every page. This problem is only occurring in the 'Important Articles' subforum, and the other forums that I did on my laptop using NCollector seems to work fine without the problem.

Jack said:
The Alchemist7 said:

Yes I noticed this where I click on a sermon and some random topic comes up that is unrelated. However I'm in the process of manually downloading every page. This problem is only occurring in the 'Important Articles' subforum, and the other forums that I did on my laptop using NCollector seems to work fine without the problem.
Yea the names will have to be added manually. It's not difficult, basically all needed is to copy the title of the sermon and paste on the file name when downloading the page, it makes the process slightly slower but that's it. Everything would have to be done manually.

Jack said:

I'm not sure if I understood you correctly, but you said you're downloading every page manually. Dude you're gonna be downloading the pages for months, why don't you just add exclusion filters to not download the entire site and instead download one forum at a time.
Also we're just gonna have to download the forums and leave it, and instead stick to updating the "Important Articles" sub-forum cause in a few months time the whole site is probably gonna be about 30 gb in size. Most people have a HDD/SDD bigger than 100GB but still that is a large file size with 100,000+ files

Jack said:

I'm not sure if I understood you correctly, but you said you're downloading every page manually. Dude you're gonna be downloading the pages for months, why don't you just add exclusion filters to not download the entire site and instead download one forum at a time.
Also we're just gonna have to download the forums and leave it, and instead stick to updating the "Important Articles" sub-forum cause in a few months time the whole site is probably gonna be about 30 gb in size. Most people have a HDD/SDD bigger than 100GB but still that is a large file size with 100,000+ files
I already downloaded everything. Only thing that's left are 5 pages worth of sermons which should be done soon. The Important Articles Subforum isn't able to work through NCollector. When I click on some of the sermons, it brings up entirety random topics. Other subforums are working fine.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back