Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

My brain treats meditation like a drug

nino

I've noticed this since I started meditating. In the beginning I was meditating for like 5-10 minutes per day. As time went by, I noticed that I needed slightly more meditation for my mind to function to it's fullest and feel the meditation effects. For instance, after 2-3 months I needed to add another 5 minutes to my daily meditation otherwise I would feel disoriented and brain fogged. Also my emotions were unbalanced and I couldn't think straight. My brain is treating meditation like a drug, for instance after I wake up I need to do like an hour of meditation for my brain to be able to function. Do you know why this is happening? I haven't heard this happen to anyone else, the thing is I would be okay with it but in due time I need to add more and more meditation time in my daily routine. Now I'm doing like 1h and 30mins per day to be able to function properly. Is there a way to keep this steady or even reduce it? My body kinda treats it like a drug, building more tolerance as times goes on and needing more of it to feel the same effects.

This is normal. As you meditate you raise your bioelectricity levels and you raise your general vibration. This is why it's warned to never skip a day of meditation. When you do, your bio levels and vibration drops and you'll find it difficult to function. It's like skipping meals. If you don't eat, your mood is effected and you lose energy. This isn't bad though. It's just your bodies way of letting you know this is something you need. Just pace yourself. It's not going to get that out of hand. Needing at least an hour or two of meditation is normal. This is good. It's just means your progressing.

Eric13 said:
This is normal. As you meditate you raise your bioelectricity levels and you raise your general vibration. This is why it's warned to never skip a day of meditation. When you do, your bio levels and vibration drops and you'll find it difficult to function. It's like skipping meals. If you don't eat, your mood is effected and you lose energy. This isn't bad though. It's just your bodies way of letting you know this is something you need. Just pace yourself. It's not going to get that out of hand. Needing at least an hour or two of meditation is normal. This is good. It's just means your progressing.

I need to do like an hour from the moment I wake up. In total it sums up about 2 hours per day. The thing is I won't be able to function if this gets way out of hand since my time is limited.

nino said:
I need to do like an hour from the moment I wake up. In total it sums up about 2 hours per day. The thing is I won't be able to function if this gets way out of hand since my time is limited.

an HP can give u a more precise reply, but to me, the time you need won't reach a point where you need 3 or 4 hours of meditation or goes out of hand. If u already spend 2 hours a day and you feel it's not enough, then do more powerful meditations, use more powerful mantras, up your yoga intensity a bit, etc, you can and should always try new things

2 hours a day is a good amount of time even if you're doing side workings or spells (these things use up some of your energy to work)

nino said:
Keep in mind, similar to eating, your body can adapt to whatever patterns you subject it too. If you meditate every morning right out of bed, your body can come to expect and need it at that regular time. Perhaps moving it to more suitable time, like before bed. Then your body will need meditation more before sleep than whilst you’re going about your day. We’re all individual and must do what works for us in our current circumstances and then adapt as things change and you progress.

But if it’s that bad, maybe look into other factors. Diet, activity levels, amounts of sleep you’re getting? Stress levels? These can all play a role too. Make sure you’re doing yoga on a regular basis to keep the energy in the body flowing. There could be blockages or buildups.

Make time for meditation. Making sacrifices for spiritual growth is probably the best investment you can make on yourself.

I do feel much better after meds so I understand you but I don't do meds right away after I woke up but that is more of a privacy problem. I don't think there is something wrong in what you do. Maybe try void meditation as it can help controll your mind.

Absorb energy into your chakras (like, from the sun) instead of vibrating mantras.
Used to happen to me a lot when I used to meditate by only vibrating mantras (usually sanskrit and runes) 4 hours a day everyday. I found out that if I completely stopped for a few days I would feel like a methadone clinic patient or something. However, by absorbing energy in my chakras instead, I found out that while it feels less powerful at the beginning, it's way more effective and long-lasting. I can stop for whatever amount of time without drawbacks, and my mind is always crystal-clear.
If you change your meditation that way, you might take up to a week to start feeling the difference. Good luck

nino said:
I've noticed this since I started meditating. In the beginning I was meditating for like 5-10 minutes per day. As time went by, I noticed that I needed slightly more meditation for my mind to function to it's fullest and feel the meditation effects. For instance, after 2-3 months I needed to add another 5 minutes to my daily meditation otherwise I would feel disoriented and brain fogged. Also my emotions were unbalanced and I couldn't think straight. My brain is treating meditation like a drug, for instance after I wake up I need to do like an hour of meditation for my brain to be able to function. Do you know why this is happening? I haven't heard this happen to anyone else, the thing is I would be okay with it but in due time I need to add more and more meditation time in my daily routine. Now I'm doing like 1h and 30mins per day to be able to function properly. Is there a way to keep this steady or even reduce it? My body kinda treats it like a drug, building more tolerance as times goes on and needing more of it to feel the same effects.

I was like this 2011-2014.

I would meditate 4 or more hours a day. It was a drug to me. I should post my 2011 meditation program lol.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back