Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

yoga issues and severe congestion

Shadowcat

So I am a welder. I am noticing in virtually every lying and inverted asana i do during hatha yoga i suddenly become severely stuffed up unable to breathe through my nose the second i assume the position. I am certain it's happening because of welding (the fumes, metal dust ect), because it only happens on week evenings when i do yoga after i have worked throughout the day. it doesnt occur on weekends. im other wise never nasally congested and am fine but just become severely stuffed up namely when i assume any inverted asana or lying down, namely the shoulder stand, childs pose or anything for the crown chakra...it ruins the entire session and i eventually have to go to easy pose and use mudras instead, for the crown through throat chakras. ive thought of using afrin but i dont think it would work. when it happens it feels like the blood rushing down inflames my nasal passages and stops them up forcing me to enhale through my mouth. When i get back up there is instant relief.
Anyone else have this sort of problem for any other reason? Just curious what you did for it.

I have frequent sinus issues as well. Do not use any nasal sprays like Afrin. They only give temporary relief and can even cause a rebound of symptoms. They’re also slightly addicting.

If you’re frequently exposed to fumes and dust, you should look into irrigating your nasal passages with a Neti pot or one of those automatic ones if you can find one. Routinely. It’ll get rid of the problem instead of just the symptoms of the problem, unlike nasal sprays.

Peppermint essential oil is also great for easing congestion and tension in the head.

Shadowcat said:
So I am a welder. I am noticing in virtually every lying and inverted asana i do during hatha yoga i suddenly become severely stuffed up unable to breathe through my nose the second i assume the position. I am certain it's happening because of welding (the fumes, metal dust ect), because it only happens on week evenings when i do yoga after i have worked throughout the day. it doesnt occur on weekends. im other wise never nasally congested and am fine but just become severely stuffed up namely when i assume any inverted asana or lying down, namely the shoulder stand, childs pose or anything for the crown chakra...it ruins the entire session and i eventually have to go to easy pose and use mudras instead, for the crown through throat chakras. ive thought of using afrin but i dont think it would work. when it happens it feels like the blood rushing down inflames my nasal passages and stops them up forcing me to enhale through my mouth. When i get back up there is instant relief.
Anyone else have this sort of problem for any other reason? Just curious what you did for it.

Why not use this?

5150k9F2KaL._AC._SR180,230.jpg

GG Allin said:
Shadowcat said:

Why not use this?

Ive been looking for a half face respirator that fits under the hood..all out cus of fucking covid lmao. The one you proposed still lets in dust when i grind and doesnt hold out fumes

Libra said:
I have frequent sinus issues as well. Do not use any nasal sprays like Afrin. They only give temporary relief and can even cause a rebound of symptoms. They’re also slightly addicting.

If you’re frequently exposed to fumes and dust, you should look into irrigating your nasal passages with a Neti pot or one of those automatic ones if you can find one. Routinely. It’ll get rid of the problem instead of just the symptoms of the problem, unlike nasal sprays.

Peppermint essential oil is also great for easing congestion and tension in the head.

Thanks ill look into it

Shadowcat said:
GG Allin said:
Shadowcat said:

Why not use this?

Ive been looking for a half face respirator that fits under the hood..all out cus of fucking covid lmao. The one you proposed still lets in dust when i grind and doesnt hold out fumes

Did you try the Trinetra Kumbhaka?

"Pranayama For Third Eye

This is from the Sanskrit text the Kumbhaka Paddhati. The word Trinetra means third eye in Sanskrit.

Trinetra Kumbhaka:

One should inhale through the left nostril and retain the breath and inhale through the right nostril and retain the breath and then inhale through both nostrils and hold the breath systematically. then retain the breath before exhaling through both nostrils. This is Trinetra Kumbhaka." HP Mageson666

https://ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=29343&p=129468&hilit=Pranayama#p129468

GG Allin said:
Shadowcat said:
GG Allin said:
Why not use this?

Did you try the Trinetra Kumbhaka?

"Pranayama For Third Eye

This is from the Sanskrit text the Kumbhaka Paddhati. The word Trinetra means third eye in Sanskrit.

Trinetra Kumbhaka:

One should inhale through the left nostril and retain the breath and inhale through the right nostril and retain the breath and then inhale through both nostrils and hold the breath systematically. then retain the breath before exhaling through both nostrils. This is Trinetra Kumbhaka." HP Mageson666

https://ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=29343&p=129468&hilit=Pranayama#p129468

ahh yes i think ive tried it once or twice. i might try this one out more frequently to see if i get results. thanks

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back