Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Natural Horsemanship

Wayofthegods

When I was 14 and would break horses, I got badly injured. I had one stomp me into the ground, it came down on my hand, breaking a finger and then kicked me in the mouth, knocking my teeth around. I had reconstructive surgery done, and my teeth were set back in my mouth, and you cant tell anything ever happened.

When I was 15 I trained under a man, in something called Parelli Natural Horsemanship. The guy who started it, last name is Parelli. I worked my way up the ranks, and actually met Parelli.

The horse that tried to kill me, became my best friend. She would come up to me and with no halter or saddle, I got on her back and we would wander around the country side together.

I will list more videos, as parelli is just beyond amazing what he can do. But i saw this video and that's what the guy is using.

https://youtu.be/gG8faNGg6os

I had one Male Horse, who was like a puppy. But when i was like 12 I actually knew how to use that. Because i went into a pin, and had a Baby trust me and run around with me after about an hour of desensitizing. The man came out and was like, he wont come near me! How is he playing with you?!

I was like I befriended him.

Ghost in the Machine said:
Aldrick said:

I've always wanted a horse. When I was a kid I remember going to a carnival where I was able to ride on the back of a small-breed horse. It's a very distant memory but I remember it quite vividly. I still desire to ride horses but I never have since then.

That's awesome. You learn their body language. They dont like you right at them. One trick is to imagine your belly button shoots out a laser. Point it away from them.

Walk up and give out a big horse sigh and relax your body. If you notice they do that to each other. What they are saying is look how relaxed I am, I'm not a threat. Being a prey animal they realize their own jumpiness and try to relax each other.

My ancestors were blacksmiths that made horse shoes in Norman. Wanna team up?

Horses are incredible creatures and from reading this you obviously are able to make connections with them. I hope you get to use this gift from the gods.

ModernMage said:
My ancestors were blacksmiths that made horse shoes in Norman. Wanna team up?

Horses are incredible creatures and from reading this you obviously are able to make connections with them. I hope you get to use this gift from the gods.

The day I got home from the hospital, I had like a metal bar across my teeth to hold them in place. I went back outside and saw her and got back on her. She looked at me wide eyed. I said I'm not thrilled about this either. But I'll be damned if I develop some kind of fear from horses. After riding a little bit. I got off and said there has got to be a better way to do this.

Normally I'm good at jumping off or dodging kicks. But that sucked, and I really dont wanna do that again. I almost lost one of the teeth and surprising it didnt shatter, much less my jaw.

So I needed a trainer. My parents found me one. We trained hours and hours a day, jumping over tables, doing all sorts of stuff. She took off full speed at this plank of wood that went across, to make a wall, at least in their mind, she ducked under it and flew from underneath me. Leaving me holding to the beam like a cartoon character.

She was a trouble maker. But in the end, she was well behaved. She started to become really sweet.

Aldrick said:

I've always wanted a horse. When I was a kid I remember going to a carnival where I was able to ride on the back of a small-breed horse. It's a very distant memory but I remember it quite vividly. I still desire to ride horses but I never have since then.

When I was a kid and I spent my summer holidays in the country with my great grandparents, they had a beautiful black mare and very well fed and cared for, they used it as a burden in agriculture. Her name was Dora. That mare was so bad that if someone wanted to approach her or ride her, she would bite you or hit you with her hooves, she didn't care if you were an adult or a child. When I was walking towards her, the mare willingly let herself get on the ground, sometimes I wove her thin tails with wild flowers in her mane. I loved that mare for a long time, she was black and shiny like an onyx stone. Not a bad breed. I never felt in danger, I always cared deeply for her, sometimes I fell asleep in the stable with her, after she gave birth, sometimes I slept in the stable between her and the foal.

I got kicked by a mare once in a paddock because a gelding was behind him approx. 3 yards away facing her rear end and I was stupid enough to walk through that situation. My bad. I was lucky, no injuries or pain to speak of.

I don't have too many deep encounters with horses. I used to trim their hooves as a hobby and made me some pocket money doing that. Because, back then, this topic fascinated me and I had gone deep in my research. I wanted to see the hoof mechanism and the results of corrective trimming for myself.
Several owners noted that horses behave in a conspicuously special way with me. The horses were unusually friendly and OK towards me despite me being a complete stranger to them and 6.3 ft tall. Horses definitely can sense other beings and classify them as good/neutral/bad/RUN.

Parelli is OK. Currently we have a subscription at No Worries club (Clinton Anderson). His methods also work wonders. Also check out Barefoot Saddles.

I have several Irish cob mares at my ranch. This breed is absolutely awesome, deliberately bred to be easygoing, calm and friendly. I will never again own regular horses.

wariorSS said:
Aldrick said:

When I was a kid and I spent my summer holidays in the country with my great grandparents, they had a beautiful black mare and very well fed and cared for, they used it as a burden in agriculture. Her name was Dora. That mare was so bad that if someone wanted to approach her or ride her, she would bite you or hit you with her hooves, she didn't care if you were an adult or a child. When I was walking towards her, the mare willingly let herself get on the ground, sometimes I wove her thin tails with wild flowers in her mane. I loved that mare for a long time, she was black and shiny like an onyx stone. Not a bad breed. I never felt in danger, I always cared deeply for her, sometimes I fell asleep in the stable with her, after she gave birth, sometimes I slept in the stable between her and the foal.

Trying to find the cool videos.
https://youtu.be/MudT3viHABA

Aldrick said:
When I was 14 and would break horses, I got badly injured. I had one stomp me into the ground, it came down on my hand, breaking a finger and then kicked me in the mouth, knocking my teeth around. I had reconstructive surgery done, and my teeth were set back in my mouth, and you cant tell anything ever happened.

When I was 15 I trained under a man, in something called Parelli Natural Horsemanship. The guy who started it, last name is Parelli. I worked my way up the ranks, and actually met Parelli.

The horse that tried to kill me, became my best friend. She would come up to me and with no halter or saddle, I got on her back and we would wander around the country side together.

I will list more videos, as parelli is just beyond amazing what he can do. But i saw this video and that's what the guy is using.

I had one Male Horse, who was like a puppy. But when i was like 12 I actually knew how to use that. Because i went into a pin, and had a Baby trust me and run around with me after about an hour of desensitizing. The man came out and was like, he wont come near me! How is he playing with you?!

Love horses .
Riding camels too.

Lion is my favourite. ( white tigers too).

Usthepeople666 said:
Aldrick said:

Love horses .
Riding camels too.

Uhhh. You ride Tigers?

Aldrick said:
Usthepeople666 said:
Aldrick said:

Love horses .
Riding camels too.

Uhhh. You ride Tigers?

:lol: :lol: :lol: got carried away. sorry

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back