Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Alternate Nostril Breathing.

Hello, is anyone able to give me advice on how properly utilize the ANB exercise in the most effective way possible?

I rarely do the ANB exercise anymore cause as of today it just feels like a chore, and I'm losing interest in performing this breathing exercise. When performing this exercise do I focus on anything? what do I visualize when inhaling, exhaling and holding?

All help is appreciated :smile:

HAIL SATAN AND ALL THOSE ALLIED TO HIM :smile:

NoCreativeNameHereV2 said:
Hello, is anyone able to give me advice on how properly utilize the ANB exercise in the most effective way possible?

I rarely do the ANB exercise anymore cause as of today it just feels like a chore, and I'm losing interest in performing this breathing exercise. When performing this exercise do I focus on anything? what do I visualize when inhaling, exhaling and holding?

You can use a money mantra like "Duh-Ahn-Ya" and repeat it 6-8 times while holding tour breath.

You should be focusing on your 'astral breath' going in and out of your nostrils, not your physical breath. The drawing of the astral breath of energy like this flushes the energy channels of the Ida and Pingala nadis in the head region which clears and empowers them, which helps circulate energy to the pineal gland and upper chakras as well as balance these two nadis' energies.

Don't focus so much on visualizing this but 'feel' it. Feel the clean air/energy going into it's respective nadi (you don't have to focus on this either, just know that the energy is entering one of the nadi channels) and when you breathe out the other nostril feel all the negative dross in that energy channel being flushed out and clearing the pathway for freshly empowered energy to circulate through unhindered.

Here's a gif I made some time ago that you can follow. It's perfectly timed to the required seconds, just mirror it.

Alternate-Nostril-Breathing-GIF.gif

Ghost in the Machine said:
You should be focusing on your 'astral breath' going in and out of your nostrils, not your physical breath. The drawing of the astral breath of energy like this flushes the energy channels of the Ida and Pingala nadis in the head region which clears and empowers them, which helps circulate energy to the pineal gland and upper chakras as well as balance these two nadis' energies.

Don't focus so much on visualizing this but 'feel' it. Feel the clean air/energy going into it's respective nadi (you don't have to focus on this either, just know that the energy is entering one of the nadi channels) and when you breathe out the other nostril feel all the negative dross in that energy channel being flushed out and clearing the pathway for freshly empowered energy to circulate through unhindered.

Here's a gif I made some time ago that you can follow. It's perfectly timed to the required seconds, just mirror it.

Thank you very much, I gave it a try for a couple rounds didnt feel much but it felt much better than just regular breathing. Now I can re-incorporate it back into my routine :smile: Also I'm a little confused on what the nadi/s is, is this a chakra? or is it something else?

Thank you very much, I gave it a try for a couple rounds didnt feel much but it felt much better than just regular breathing. Now I can re-incorporate it back into my routine :smile: Also I'm a little confused on what the nadi/s is, is this a chakra? or is it something else?

I actually only just started looking into the nadis myself, it would be more Mageson or Stormblood's specialty to explain.

From what I understand though they are a form of energy channel that rides along our spine and circulates energy through our soul, they are what is symbolically described as the Twin Serpents that weave in a serpentine fashion through our chakras. They meet at the head and essentially form a 'heart'.

Their cleaning and empowering are vital to eventually raising the Kundalini Serpent.

Twin_Serpent.gif
ida-pingla2head.gif

Nadia are energy pathways which are also connected to the energy centers (chakras). Focus on your inhale and exhale and notice the split second moments of clarity between an inhale and exhale when your doing these pranayama exercises.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back