Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Advice about the virus and work

hailourtruegod

So my job includes me being outside and handling cash while talking to random people in the street. I would like to get a second voice as well as if I should just stop going for now. I won't lose my job in the long run once this passes over but I kind of so need the money for the bills that I still need to pay, luckily I may have a chance to hold out on most if not some thanks to my landlord being cool with it, and to buy a bit more food. I've been stocking up already but it would be good imo if I bought some more.

This is everyone. If people don't have jobs, then they cant pay their bills or find money for food and other things such as utilities. People are forced to work and to be out there This is unfortunate, but it is the reality many people have to face.

Many people are being laid off from their jobs and have no source of income. People cannot save because their money all went to rent and were living paycheck to paycheck. This is a difficult situation for many and with no clear answers from our government / politicians.

I don't know where you live specifically, but you may have protections because of the unique situation. In some places landlords cannot evict people due to the coronavirus situation.

hailourtruegod said:
So my job includes me being outside and handling cash while talking to random people in the street. I would like to get a second voice as well as if I should just stop going for now. I won't lose my job in the long run once this passes over but I kind of so need the money for the bills that I still need to pay, luckily I may have a chance to hold out on most if not some thanks to my landlord being cool with it, and to buy a bit more food. I've been stocking up already but it would be good imo if I bought some more.

If you still can, get the crucial things that will help lessen the risk of catching a virus such as particulate filtering masks, gloves, sanitizers, etc.. and you should be good but as infections start to peak you may want to consider to stop going. If they don't let you wear that for work and just parrot the "wash your hands crap" just call in sick, I've seen people in similar work environments doing the same. Reschedule your working times to weekdays and morning/nightshift if possible but not midday or afternoon.

Thanks fellas I appreciate the responses. Once it does get really bad I was planning to stop going until it cools down. I have the supplies and I'll see if I can get more since a lot of the face masks shelves and sanitizer shelves are empty. I have enough for work for some time and the rest I keep in emergency causes at home.

HauptSturm said:
Most people right now don't even have a job.

It really is unfortunate. A lot of people may not have the patience and will probably snap and start looting. Those Trump bucks gotta come in asap but honestly it's not enough. Hopefully he comes up with another plan after this one is set forth.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back