Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Question regarding runes

I just want to make sure I have this right. If I’m doing a working that involves, say, both the Dagr rune and the Sowilo rune, would I do the following:

Dagr x 46 (Multiple of 23)
Sowilo x 32 (Multiple of 16)
Affirmation x 9

Or is it better to vibrate each rune the same number of times? And can one affirmation be used to do two different things since the Sowilo rune unlocks the true power of whatever rune it’s being used with?

Legendary Creature said:
I just want to make sure I have this right. If I’m doing a working that involves, say, both the Dagr rune and the Sowilo rune, would I do the following:

Affirmation x 9

Or is it better to vibrate each rune the same number of times? And can one affirmation be used to do two different things since the Sowilo rune unlocks the true power of whatever rune it’s being used with?

Use the same repetition numbers for both runes, you want the energies of both runes to be efficient. If one is more than the other than it overpowers the other one making it's power weaker. Balance all runes in a working equally.

Ghost in the Machine said:
Legendary Creature said:

Affirmation x 9

Use the same repetition numbers for both runes, you want the energies of both runes to be efficient. If one is more than the other than it overpowers the other one making it's power weaker. Balance all runes in a working equally.

I’ve been operating under the assumption that you always want to go with whatever numerological value best “fits” each rune. So, since Sowilo is the 16th rune, it would be better to vibrate it 32 times (16 x 2) instead of 46 (not divisible by 16). Though with the group rituals, we always do the same number of vibrations for each rune. So maybe you are right. I guess the working would still be valid, it’s just that the affects of Dagr would be more pronounced.

Legendary Creature said:
Ghost in the Machine said:

I’ve been operating under the assumption that you always want to go with whatever numerological value best “fits” each rune. So, since Sowilo is the 16th rune, it would be better to vibrate it 32 times (16 x 2) instead of 46 (not divisible by 16). Though with the group rituals, we always do the same number of vibrations for each rune. So maybe you are right. I guess the working would still be valid, it’s just that the affects of Dagr would be more pronounced.

The number of repetitions will correlate with the working as a whole, not the specified runes used in it. So when picking a number of repetitions pick them according to the type of working and not the runes being used.

For example, a working to end something like a relationship, even if you're using two, three or five different runes, each rune would be vibrated 9 times or a multiple of 9 times. 9 is the number of endings.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back