Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Are Greek statues good representations of the Gods?

Seby

The Greeks were obsessed with proportions and some of their statues look very Nordic.
48eb47b24097b2bc3ce12dc62935c85e.jpg

a26cd4a2449ce85f3e68cd9a5f006be9.jpg

Yes, these are some of the greatest representations, in that they go after the perfection of their faces. This is also applied mathematical perfection which was to explain how advanced the Gods are.

Gods are on the same parameter of perfection, but they are also different.

HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:
Yes, these are some of the greatest representations, in that they go after the perfection of their faces. This is also applied mathematical perfection which was to explain how advanced the Gods are.

I still don't understand how the relationship between Gods and people was in ancient Greece. Did they know the real names of the Gods like we do now?

The Greek statues were based on Nordic beauty ideal. According to Sumerian texts, Ziusudra(Enki's son) has white skin and silver hair and blue eyes. Clavigero described Quetzalcoatl(“Feathered Serpent”/Votan) as “white in complexion, tall and corpulent, broad in forehead, with large eyes, long, black hair, thick beard: a man of austere and exemplary life, clothed in long garments, gentle and prudent. He was expert in the art of melting metals and polishing precious stones which he taugh to the Toltecans."

TopoftheAbyss said:
HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:

I still don't understand how the relationship between Gods and people was in ancient Greece. Did they know the real names of the Gods like we do now?

Most of these names used are either Ancient Greek words, related to Greek roots, or somehow related to Ancient Greek. Many of the Demonic names are Ancient Greek. Demon in itself as a title is Ancient Greek wording. Others are part of the hidden hieratic names used in the secret rites, which the Greeks have in some cases received from the East. These have went down for generations. Ancient Greek is also quite connected to Sanskrit.

So were they trying to sculpt one of the Goddesses when for example they created the statue of Hera or does it have some other meaning or symbolism?

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back