Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Meditation music/soundwaves

xlnt

I'm one of those people who find it extra difficult to meditate. I have mild autism and have always had difficulties even falling asleep.
From my experience meditation music or soundwaves can help a lot. Especially in the beginning as a way of inducing calmness before silent meditation.
Listening to certain monotone type of soundwaves has the best effect from my experience. I find it more "distracting" with melodic music. I think it's because melodic music is more "telling a story" which the brain tends to focus in on more than simply letting go.

What's your thoughts on using soundwaves/music for meditation purposes? Any tips on where one can find the best meditation soundwaves/music?
Is it possible to induce a state of trance while listening to soundwaves/music or does it have to be 100% silent?

These are crutches which will only serve as props. To advance one must empower oneself through ones own ability.

Discipline yourself with the breath, focus on the breath. Drink some tea before sleeping. In time you won't need any music or sounds to induce any state. In meditation music is used as a ritualistic association of states of mind and goals, it is a personal preference and ties with the soul manifestation, but that is coupled with already mastered meditation, not lack of.

Training is what you need, patience and applied direction of will. It is no different than a job, school time or anything that requires focus and a pattern. As an artist music in deep trance state is extremely disturbing to me, it wraps my perception too hard, as in the deep states of mind you're past the barrier of body senses.

Jack said:
These are crutches which will only serve as props. To advance one must empower oneself through ones own ability.

I agree that one has to use ones own concentration in order to meditate properly. I do however not agree that this fact makes soundwaves and music useless for helping out in meditation. Guided meditation with affirmations is also a good help, even though it doesn't automaticly put someone into a trance.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back