Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

ON MATERIAL THINGS

tandt

The people in the advertising industry know very well that in order to sell things that people don’t really need, they must convince them that those things will add something to how they see themselves or are seen by others; in other words, add something to their sense of self. They do this, for example, by telling you that you will stand out from the crowd by using this product and so by implication be more fully yourself. Or they may create an association in your mind between the product and a famous person, or a youthful, attractive, or happy­looking person. Even pictures of old or deceased celebrities in their prime work well for that purpose.

The unspoken assumption is that by buying this product, through some magical act of appropriation, you become like them, or rather the surface image of them. And so in many cases, you are not buying a product but an “identity enhancer.” Designer labels are primarily collective identities that you buy into. They are expensive and therefore “exclusive.” If everybody could buy them, they would lose their psychological value and all you would be left with would be their material value, which likely amounts to a fraction of what you paid.
What kind of things you identify with will vary from person to person according to age, gender, income, social class, fashion, the surrounding culture, and so on? What you identify with is all to do with content; whereas, the unconscious compulsion to identify is structural. It is one of the most basic ways in which the egoic mind operates.
Paradoxically, what keeps the so­called consumer society going is the fact that trying to find yourself through things doesn’t work: The ego satisfaction is short­lived and so you keep looking for more, keep buying, keep consuming.

Of course, in this physical dimension that our surface selves inhabit, things are a necessary and inescapable part of our lives. We need housing, clothes, furniture, tools, transportation. There may also be things in our lives that we value because of their beauty or inherent quality. We need to honor the world of things, not despise it. Each thing has Beingness, is a temporary form that has its origin within the formless one Life, the source of all things, all bodies, all forms.
In most ancient cultures, people believed that everything, even so­called inanimate objects, had an indwelling spirit, and in this respect, they were closer to the truth than we are today. When you live in a world deadened by mental abstraction, you don’t sense the aliveness of the universe anymore. Most people don’t inhabit a living reality, but a conceptualized one.
But we cannot really honor things if we use them as a means to self-enhancement, that is to say if we try to find ourselves through them. This is exactly what the ego does. Ego­identification with things creates attachment to things, obsession with things, which in turn creates our consumer society and economic structures where the only measure of progress is always more.

The unchecked striving for more, for endless growth, is a dysfunction and a disease. It is the same dysfunction the cancerous cell manifests, whose only goal is to multiply itself, unaware that it is bringing about its own destruction by destroying the organism of which it is a part. Some economists are so attached to the notion of growth that they can’t let go of that word, so they refer to recession as a time of “negative growth.”

A large part of many people’s lives is consumed by an obsessive preoccupation with things. This is why one of the ills of our times is object proliferation.
When you can no feel the life that you are, you are likely to fill up your life with things. As a spiritual practice, I suggest that you investigate your relationship with the world of things through self­observation, and in particular, things that are designated with the word “my.” You need to be alert and honest to find out, for example, whether your sense of self­worth is bound up with things you possess.
Do certain things induce a subtle feeling of importance or superiority? Does the lack of them make you feel inferior to others who have more than you? Do you casually mention things you own or show them off to increase your sense of worth in someone else’s eyes and through them on your own? Do you feel resentful or angry and somehow diminished in your sense of self when someone else has more than you or when you lose a prized possession?

Source: Eckhart Tolle; New earth

Very important point I like it. Basically modernism is communism. We are a slave a number devoid of any sense of self only here to serve the Jews or as some call it the corporations and feed them money. We only exist to work some job for long hours just to spend what we got on more useless things and more useless events. This is how we are programmed.

What we could do if we break out of that is still make money this is a great thing but use it on something that gains us more money or empowers ourself in some way.

If everyone did this there would be no slaves.

It's not at all that material things are bad. In fact renouncing Materialism and material things creates just as much of an imbalance as the current Materialism driven culture does. We need a balance plus to make material things better to last and to have actual meaning. The problem is when we put so little thought into anything and are superficial with it.

What we need to do is reflect on what we like to spend money on. Maybe you could even have more time for yourself and meditation some of you or a better job even if you don't spend too much money on silly things and put some thought into all this.

Basically the modern society is covert communism under the Jewish definition of the word even. We are all living in an enslaved communist dystopia even in "capitalist" or "democratic" nations Most people think they are free that is all they are a total mindless borg robot consumer and slave.

If they invested some of this time in meditation they would be more happy.

https://youtu.be/ZRfjqHo53w4

Yeah I know this song is a little xtian in the way it's presented and maybe nonsensical in a couple places but I like it cause it serves the point. People need to wake up and think.

Current modern Society is communism basically under the actual definition of the word. We need to wake up and realize how not free we are and then maybe try to add something with deeper meaning in life. Once you decide that you are no longer going to be a slave to communism and find others to live in a deep meaningful way with you you are living life to the fullest outside of what you are doing with Satanism and rtrs and advancing yourself.

How many people even on here are living their life to the fullest now. Am I even doing it not really cause I have to find someone that is not a communist in any part of their soul first. Am I even living life to the fullest on my own I am trying to I go out in nature I appreciate the little things in life I try to interact with others in human to human interaction and not with electronic distractions. I think in the end modern society is reversable we may still even be able to have a bunch of electronic gadgets and advancements too but we can still be human again and not a borg robot once the Jews are gone. Idk I think technology is fucking up my generation and gen z too much and there may have to be major changes in the future. Maybe if society collapses for a bit and we go without electricity for awhile people will again realized what they miss being human.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back