Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Are workout supplements safe to consume?

Purified666

Welp, just saw a picture of me from 3 years ago when I was still working out....

I'm going to start working out again, so I need to buy some supplements.
I only used Whey before. I was thinking of getting Creatine this time around as well.

I had a problem with some shitty, low quality whey protein back in the day. Once I switched to a better one, everything was back to normal. Never used Creatine before however. I read online that it's good but you can never know nowadays.

So are those two good(safe)? I'm really interested about Creatine(and your experience with it, if you have any).

If you're using any other supplements, do share :)

I did some little on-line research about food supplements for working out.
For what I have learned, whey protein are the best thing to use (also the only one food supplement I do use). Whey work by giving your body what it needs to build new muscle. Some whey come with branched-chain amino acid (BCAA) which help you recover faster after a workout. Just take your time learning what proteins your body needs and read the components of the whey you buy, as they are not made equal and quality between brands varies a lot. Usually cheap ones are not that good (like everything, lol).
Creatine works by inflating your muscles with it if I recall correctly, that way it makes your muscles bigger. Be aware that ~40% of people is not responsive to creatine (=has no effect). I would suggest using it only once you reached 95% of your goal and want to get that extra 5%, as I do not think it is useful at all for beginners.
My personal advice here is to get top quality whey and possibly top quality BCAA, and to take them in the correct dosage always. Beyond that, I strongly recommend you to do some research on the best quality supplement and how this stuff works.
Hope this helps

Sometime ago I asked Brother CentralForce if creatine was okay, he said it’s the worst thing to put in one’s body.

Well Creatine isn’t like some artificial chemical. It’s found naturally in food.

I’ve supplemented it from time to time. It makes you stronger for sure. However I don’t use it now, cause I’d rather not be dependent on anything for strength and I just workout straight.

You can easily find organic grass fed whey protein supplements. BCAA’s aren’t necessary. They’re not shown in reality to increase muscle protein synthesis as they are presented to.

Just make sure you’re getting enough protein in a day while training and also make sure that you’re getting adequate electrolytes and having a healthy diet in general. This and progressive overload and you’ll make many gainz.

But the main thing is protein. You technically don’t need any supplements for gainz. But whey is smart to help reach daily intake requirements without going over calories.

There’s a bunch of pre workouts and stuff that are designed to max everything out, but they can be tricky. Cycling on and off for some to stay effective and all that and all kinds of artificial shit. It’s really up to you.

I workout straight as I said and all is going fine for me. I take a high quality organic whey protein with milk before bed and eat a high quality diet. I train intelligently with emphasis on improvement each session to some degree. Training every muscle group twice a week to maximize mps and keep my training volume at healthy levels. These are the real keys to gainz.

To an extent you may want to consider meal timing as well, but really just meet daily protein needs.

Well Creatine isn’t like some artificial chemical. It’s found naturally in food.

I’ve supplemented it from time to time. It makes you stronger for sure. However I don’t use it now, cause I’d rather not be dependent on anything for strength and I just workout straight.

You can easily find organic grass fed whey protein supplements. BCAA’s aren’t necessary. They’re not shown in reality to increase muscle protein synthesis as they are presented to.

Just make sure you’re getting enough protein in a day while training and also make sure that you’re getting adequate electrolytes and having a healthy diet in general. This and progressive overload and you’ll make many gainz.

But the main thing is protein. You technically don’t need any supplements for gainz. But whey is smart to help reach daily intake requirements without going over calories.

There’s a bunch of pre workouts and stuff that are designed to max everything out, but they can be tricky. Cycling on and off for some to stay effective and all that and all kinds of artificial shit. It’s really up to you.

I workout straight as I said and all is going fine for me. I take a high quality organic whey protein with milk before bed and eat a high quality diet. I train intelligently with emphasis on improvement each session to some degree. Training every muscle group twice a week to maximize mps and keep my training volume at healthy levels. These are the real keys to gainz.

To an extent you may want to consider meal timing as well, but really just meet daily protein needs.

They've been deceptively pumping whey protein with estrogen so its probably not a very good idea

Protein Factory probably has the best selection of different types of proteins on the market. They also sell high quality creatine. I've been buying from them on-and-off for about 10 years now. They're a little pricey for some, but worth it.
www.proteinfactory.com

Hail Father Satan

Another thing I wanted to say, is Creatine is literally one of the most well researched and scientifically backed supplements in regards to effectiveness and safety. Aside from whey protein nothing else has been more scientifically investigated. It’s a natural product. So why some dude said it isn’t good makes no sense.

I don’t use it cause I don’t like to take anything. It’s personal choice. But it isn’t bad if you find high quality products.

Depending on the type you get, there’s different forms, you may need a loading phase for a week or two. Taking high doses to saturate the body with it. Then go to maintenance levels. Usually 4-5 g. But it is scientifically effective and you don’t need to cycle off. The body gets the same results whether you use it daily or semi regularly.

So it’s up to you.

Eric13 said:
Another thing I wanted to say, is Creatine is literally one of the most well researched and scientifically backed supplements in regards to effectiveness and safety. Aside from whey protein nothing else has been more scientifically investigated. It’s a natural product. So why some dude said it isn’t good makes no sense.
Aquarius said that Centralforce would have stated something like this, but I searched his posts and none contain "creatine" anywhere.

Shael said:
Eric13 said:
Aquarius said that Centralforce would have stated something like this, but I searched his posts and none contain "creatine" anywhere.
Yeah sorry I didn't mean on the forums but by mail, I still have that mail.

Aquarius said:
Oh, I forgot centralforce knows more than all the scientific institutions in the land. When it comes to supplements, no doubt there’s a lot of rubbish. But Creatine as I said is one of the most thoroughly investigated and safe things. It’s natural. There’s thorough documentation of people taking it daily for 21 months with no negative affects. Even if there was a possibility of negative effects beyond this, even though there isn’t, if you think so, do research on what Creatine is and it’s purpose, it still wouldn’t be the worst thing you could put in your body. Things exceptionally bad have effects very soon.

It’s just a nutrition supplement. It’s like saying taking vitamin supplements are the worst thing. They may not be better than getting it from food and may not get absorbed all the way. But it’s not the worst thing. Just research which companies you buy from and exactly what’s in it. Is it just Creatine, what type, etc?

Eric13 said:

Yeah, if Centralforce said that Creatine is bad, I won't mess with it. And like you, I don't like using things that give me strength.

I have never tried using a pre-workout before, if I end up trying it, it'll be only because of curiosity. If I'm feeling sluggish before working out I just work myself into a frenzy, that's my pre-workout lol

And now I started learning how to cook, so far everyone that tried my food was blown away. Food was the reason why I stopped working out in the first place, all the food I ate was bland. Or in my words "boring as fuck". After a while you'd rather starve than eat that type of bland food.

Good food is the most important motivator when you work out, imo.

And thankfully I found a really good whey protein that's all natural. It does suck that I have to do more research than somone who's writing a PhD thesis before buying things.

Aquarius said:
Shael said:
Eric13 said:
I see, well if Centralforce said it then there's a high chance it's true. Centralforce usually knows very well what he/she is talking about.

I'm pinging you here Centralforce, in case you want to comment on the topic.
Centralforce666 said:

Eric13 said:
Aquarius said:
Oh, I forgot centralforce knows more than all the scientific institutions in the land. When it comes to supplements, no doubt there’s a lot of rubbish. But Creatine as I said is one of the most thoroughly investigated and safe things. It’s natural. There’s thorough documentation of people taking it daily for 21 months with no negative affects. Even if there was a possibility of negative effects beyond this, even though there isn’t, if you think so, do research on what Creatine is and it’s purpose, it still wouldn’t be the worst thing you could put in your body. Things exceptionally bad have effects very soon.

It’s just a nutrition supplement. It’s like saying taking vitamin supplements are the worst thing. They may not be better than getting it from food and may not get absorbed all the way. But it’s not the worst thing. Just research which companies you buy from and exactly what’s in it. Is it just Creatine, what type, etc?
(((scientific institutions))) while I agree that scientific facts are scientific facts I wouldnt trust all of them, remember that they are the ones promoting vaccines and related crap. I'm not against western medicine as it has saved billions of lives and still is very effective but it's wrong in its assumption that the body is a machine and that the parts of the body are different parts just like a car but in truth traditional chinese medicine can explain things like cancer and other nasty stuff that western medicine has trouble curing. I won't argue because it makes no sense to do so, but those who believe in a style of medicine that works in harmony with the whole body and mind and doesent see the body as a machine will understand why CentralForce is right.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back