Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Question on cardinal point

Darkmyth

So in the former standard ritual, it says to start east. Im curious to know what would actually happen if someone started in a different direction? Would it change the energies of the working or be completely useless?

Also im interested in concentrating a circle for meditational space. On the joyofsatan page ive found that it says to direct blue energy from the earth and to turn counter clockwise and then when done erasing it all turning clockwise. Is there a specific direction we should start for this? Also what would happen if we went clockwise first and then counter clockwise to erase it?

Just curious to increase my knowledge for studies of magick.

1. It wouldn't be perfect, but it would still work. Satan understands small mistakes like that, and will not punish you for anything like that. If you do it a little differently than it says, it is fine.

2. I don't see how you would be able to get that to do anything. I don't see how you would be remaking that circle every time, then destroying it every time when you are done, and have anything actually happen from it. Might be a way to practice training your imagination. But I don't see how it would really help you.

If you like to do rituals like that it's okay but they are 'useless' in the way that props do not have actual power (unless you charge them) the Power lies in Power meditation and actual magick, like vibrating rune/mantra's and affirmations.

Ol argedco luciftias said:
2. I don't see how you would be able to get that to do anything. I don't see how you would be remaking that circle every time, then destroying it every time when you are done, and have anything actually happen from it. Might be a way to practice training your imagination. But I don't see how it would really help you.

Well the whole idea of this practice is to help set the mood. But the idea of the circle is to 1 like i said, set the mood and 2 help try and amplify the energies and practice energy work. Its not needed or not necessary but honestly if it can be done by some, my idea and understanding is that it can help you become more experienced. My imaginative skills are not the best as im actually still recovering from drug use, i figure it'll be a great temporarily practice to help rebuild these skills in the meantime while i recover.

Ol argedco luciftias said:
1. It wouldn't be perfect, but it would still work. Satan understands small mistakes like that, and will not punish you for anything like that. If you do it a little differently than it says, it is fine.

Well i wasn't necessarily looking for the idea of perfect. I actually was asking if the theory of starting at other cardinal directions other than east could help set a specific intention for a ritual by starting from a different cardinal point.

Thank you how ever for taking your time to respond. Its appreciated as well as anyone else who responds to my questions.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back