Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Prana and Kundalini

The Proud Gentile

I'm not sure whether this has been discussed before or not, but is there a difference between prana and Kundalini energy or are they synonyms of each other?

I understand that the kundalini resides exclusively within the sushumna nadi along the spine and rises upward from the root chakra. But recently I've been doing outside research and I've seen "gurus" or whatever, say that prana rises up the spine/sushumna nadi. So now I'm confused as to whether they're actually referring to the kundalini or a different kind of energy.

Any short straight forward answers will help, thank you for your time :D

The kundalini is a strong energy at the base of the spine that is used to evolve you. It is basically prana. It's there so it can make you evolve "quicker". By cleaning the blockages in your chakras and soul this stronger energy will make you more powerful with time. This is what i know.

The Proud Gentile said:
I'm not sure whether this has been discussed before or not, but is there a difference between prana and Kundalini energy or are they synonyms of each other?

I understand that the kundalini resides exclusively within the sushumna nadi along the spine and rises upward from the root chakra. But recently I've been doing outside research and I've seen "gurus" or whatever, say that prana rises up the spine/sushumna nadi. So now I'm confused as to whether they're actually referring to the kundalini or a different kind of energy.

Any short straight forward answers will help, thank you for your time :D

Prana is another name for life force/energy, bioeletricity, chi, ashe, nyama, etc. The Kundalini is a form of prana. It is ultra life force power. One can experience prana or bioelectricity without stimulating or waking up the kundalini.

Prana and Kundalini are interchangeable in some places but calling the kundalini by its name is how we distinguish it between that and just mere energy flow(prana).

In the Hindu commnunity, many so called gurus say that the kundalini waking up is the same as it rising up to the spine, but it is not. It's just kundalini awakening.

It can be synonomous but it's important to specify for some people. Kundalini is a form of prana energy.

Got it. So prana is chi/bio electricity and the kundalini is a type of prana (residing in the sushumna).

Thank you Luis and High Priestess Shannon for your input.

Last question I swear lol. When opening/cleaning your chakras is it necessary to focus on the sub chakras of the main chakras or will it automatically open if I focus on just the one main chakra of that region? So for example, I can already feel that my heart chakra is open but does that automatically mean that the sub chakras around it are also open? Or do I have to work on them manually?

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back