Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Mithra-Lucifer, A God of this World

Jack

I've been reading the Deity names of the old Rigveda and I find these names or Gods have been done away with in the later puranic tradition. These names from old Sanskrit are the same as other indo-European cultures but the subsequent puranic morphing is not. In any case I was reading about the God, Mithra and I wanted to discuss these findings with you.
Mithras_tauroctony_Louvre_Ma3441b.jpg

A Greek statue of Mithra

According to Wikipedia,

Mitra (Proto-Indo-Iranian: *mitrás) is the name of an Indo-Iranian divinity from which the names and some characteristics of Rigvedic Mitrá and Avestan Mithra derive.

God of Sun, Friendship and Energy

The names (and occasionally also some characteristics) of these two older figures were subsequently also adopted for other figures:

A vrddhi-derived form of Sanskrit mitra gives Maitreya, the name of a bodhisattva in Buddhist tradition.
In Hellenistic-era Asia Minor, Avestan Mithra was conflated with various local and Greek figures leading to several different variants of Apollo-Helios-Mithras-Hermes-Stilbon.
Via Greek and some Anatolian intermediate, the Avestan theonym also gave rise to Latin Mithras, the principal figure of the first century Roman Mysteries of Mithras (also known as 'Mithraism').
In Middle Iranian, the Avestan theonym evolved (among other Middle Iranian forms) into Sogdian Miši, Middle Persian and Parthian Mihr, and Bactrian Miuro (/mihru/).[citation needed] Aside from Avestan Mithra, these derivative names were also used for:
Greco-Bactrian Mithro, Miiro, Mioro and Miuro;
by the Manichaeans for one of their own deities.[1]
Additionally, the Manichaeans also adopted 'Maitreya' as the name of their "first messenger".[citation needed]

So as we can see Mithra a Solar deity is the warm embrace of the Sun,Surya. His functions as we'll see is similar to Venus as in social obligations, friends,bonds, upholder of vows etc.

It is also,
A suggested alternative derivation was *meh "to measure" (Gray 1929). Pokorny (IEW 1959) refined Meillet's *mei as "to bind." Combining the root *mei with the "tool suffix" -tra- "that which [causes] ..." (also found in man-tra-, "that which causes to think"), then literally means "that which binds," and thus "covenant, treaty, agreement, promise, oath" etc. Pokorny's interpretation also supports "to fasten, strengthen", which may be found in Latin moenia "city wall, fortification", and in an antonymic form, Old English (ge)maere "border, boundary-post".
A strong binding. A strong binding to an obligation. Ring bells ? I.e Gebo which has both the Attributes of Mithra I.e Making friendships and Binding someone to an unwanted obligation which is two sides of the same coin.

Taq-e_Bostan_-_High-relief_of_Ardeshir_II_investiture.jpg

Taq-e Bostan: high-relief of Ardeshir II investiture; from left to right: Mithra, Shapur II, Ahura Mazda. Lying down: dead Roman emperor Julian.

The Jewish deity of Ahura Mazda was later introduced as the principal god as opposed to the original principal God, Mithra.

Mithra (Avestan: Miθra, Old Persian: Miça) is the Zoroastrian Divinity (yazata) of Covenant, Light, and Oath. In addition to being the divinity of contracts, Mithra is also a judicial figure, an all-seeing protector of Truth, and the guardian of cattle, the harvest, and of the Waters.
(The deity Varuna of which Mithra shares many attributes with also rules over water in the Rigveda.
In the Rigveda, the oldest of the Vedic texts, Mitra is mostly indistinguishable from Varuna, together with whom Mitra forms a dvandva pair Mitra-Varuna,[note 1] and in which Mitra-Varuna has essentially the same characteristics as Varuna alone.[1][5][6] Varuna is not only the greater of the two, but also — according to RV 2.12 — the second-greatest of the RigVedic gods after Indra
)

The Deity of Mithra was worshipped all around the ancient Hellenistic period, something HPMageson has written about, as in Mithraism.

Mithra%26Antiochus.jpg

KING ANTIOCHUS AND MITHRA. Bas-relief of the temple built by Antiochus I of Commagene, 69-31 BCE, on the Nemrood Dagh, in the Taurus Mountains

The Kingdom of Commagene (163 BCE – 72 CE) — an ancient Armenian kingdom of the Hellenistic period.
Between the Roman Empire on the west, and Seleucid Dynasty on the east.
Located in the present day Southeastern Anatolia Region of Turkey.

Now we get into the Rigvedic Interpretation,

Mitra is increasingly associated with the light of dawn and the morning sun (while Varuna becomes associated with the evening, and ultimately the night)
(Lucifer is known as the Morning Star. And he is as is Vishnu, a god of Venus. And Venus rules social obligations, friendships etc.)

The Indo-Iranian common noun *mitra means "(that which) causes [-tra] to bind [mi-]", hence Sanskrit mitram, "covenant, contract, oath",[4] the protection of which is Mitra's role in both the Rigveda and in the Mitanni treaty. In post-Vedic India, the noun mitra came to be understood as "friend", one of the aspects of bonding and alliance. Accordingly, in post-Vedic India, Mitra became the guardian of friendships. In most Indian languages, the word mitr means friend. The feminine form of the word in languages like Marathi is maitrin.

Mitra-Varuna are conceived as young,[1] they wear glistening garments,[1] are monarchs and guardians of the whole world[1] and their palace is golden,[1] with a thousand pillars and a thousand doors.[1] They support (and are frequently invoked next to) heaven and earth,[1] and the air between heaven and earth.[1] They are lords of rivers and seas,[1] and they send rain and refreshment from the sky.[1] They wet the pastures with dew of clarified butter (ghee),[1] and rain abounding in heavenly water comes from them.[1] Their domain has streams that flow with honey,[1] and their pastures have cattle that yield refreshment.[1] They afflict those that disregard them with disease.[1] They are asuras,[1] and (like all asuras) wield their power through secret knowledge (māyā́),[1] which empowers them to make the sun traverse the sky,[1] and to obscure it with clouds.[1] Their eye is the sun,[1] and they mount their chariot in the highest heavens,[1] which they drive with the rays of the sun as with arms.[1] They have spies that are wise and undeceivable.[1] They are maintainers of order (ṛtá, “truth”), they are barriers against falsehood, which they punish.[1] They are leaders of the seven Ādityas (the celestial sons of Āditi).

Seven sons=Seven Chakras. Honey = The Pineal secretion. Some advanced members who've experimented with the Mantra 'Aum Varunaya Nama' know how it stimulated the Pineal Gland. The 'Eye of the Sun'- Third Eye, where you see flashes of light.

A characteristic unique to Mitra is his ability to marshal the people (yātayati, yātayáj-jana), an attribute that appears to be peculiarly his.[1]
(A leader in the social sphere ? )

In some of their aspects, Varuna is lord of the cosmic rhythm of the sun and other celestial spheres, while Mitra brings forth the light at dawn, which was covered by Varuna. Mitra is also independently identified as being force by which the course of the sun is regulated; Agni is kindled before dawn to produce Mitra, and when kindled is Mitra.[1] In the Atharvaveda, Mitra is again associated with sunrise, and is contrasted with Varuna's association with the evening.[1]
(Mithra is always being identified with the properties of Lucifer and Venus. Thus it would be safe to say, Mithra is an epithet of Lucifer in an allegorical form.)

In the Atharvaveda, Mitra is associated with sunrise, and accordingly, Mitra is worshipped in the sunrise prayers of the Hindus. The morning upasthaana prayer, recited to the risen sun after contemplation on the sacred Gayatri mantra, is a collection of Vedic verses addressing Mitra.

Mitra is co-worshipped in the Mitrotsavam Hindu festival of the Sun god Surya, whose orderly traversal of the sky is ensured by Mitra (e.g. RV 1.35) and Mitra-Varuna (e.g. RV 8.25.8).
Mithra directs the sun. Mithra directs the solar energy. Mithra directs the energy of the solar in the astral realm,as he rules the skies (I.e ether ?).

Okay so its almost coming together.
1)Mithra is the morning light (dawn) and evening light(dusk) is Varuna.
2)Lucifer is the 'morning Star'.
3)Lucifer as is Vishnu is a God of Venus.
4)Venus rules social relations, friendships, obligations etc.
5)Mithra is the God of Friendships and the upholder of vows.(Therefore mithra is a God of Venus.)
6)Mithra is also a God of the Ether (as he rules the space between the earth and the sun.) The properties of Mithra are identical to Varuna. While Varuna rules astral activation of the Pineal Gland,Mithra must therefore rule the protection and transfer of the astral body(as he's a solar deity. Also in empowering the astral body). Or he is the director of sight(Astral sight~light.)
7)Mithra is the warm light of the sun.
8)Mithra thus protects you astrally in the Ether. (Mithra is astral protection,while sun(Surya) is overall protection.)
9)Mithra is a God of Astral Travel like Kaun and of Venus like Gebo. He is illuminating light as well as Social obligations.

His Mantra is "Aum Mithravae Namah".
Ahhuuumm Mmmm-Eee-Thhhh-Rrrrr-Ahh-Vvvv-Aaay Nnn-Aahh-Mmm-ahhh.

Anyone who wants to add to this, please do. I know HPMageson has already written in a lot of detail about Mithraism.

The first two images cause me a negative feeling, the first one was made by the jews to corrupt the Mithraism and try to link the jewish blood sacrifices with paganism, the second represents the defeat of the Julian emperor by the jews and their puppets, Julian was the last pagan emperor of Rome.

Wotanwarrior said:
The first two images cause me a negative feeling, the first one was made by the jews to corrupt the Mithraism and try to link the jewish blood sacrifices with paganism, the second represents the defeat of the Julian emperor by the jews and their puppets, Julian was the last pagan emperor of Rome.
The first is a Greek statue so I doubt it was made by Jews nor does it depict any kind of blood sacrifice. It depicts Mithra defeating a lion similar to how Hercules is known to have done. Not every scene depicting triumph over an animal is related to cruelty. Some of it is allegorical and part of it is related to valor and duty.

The second picture was made by Zoroastrians who worship ahura Mazda,the Jewish god and I put it there to show how Mithraism was sidelined by this Jewish cult.

Jack said:
Wotanwarrior said:
The first is a Greek statue so I doubt it was made by Jews nor does it depict any kind of blood sacrifice. It depicts Mithra defeating a lion similar to how Hercules is known to have done. Not every scene depicting triumph over an animal is related to cruelty. Some of it is allegorical and part of it is related to valor and duty.

The second picture was made by Zoroastrians who worship ahura Mazda,the Jewish god and I put it there to show how Mithraism was sidelined by this Jewish cult.

The animal that appears in the first image is a bull.

Wotanwarrior said:
Jack said:
Wotanwarrior said:

The animal that appears in the first image is a bull.
Yeah when I look closely on it, it does appear to be a bull. And a small creature (probably a lion cub) is also attacking it while mithra pierces his sword into the bull.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back