Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

About Sabbaths?

RoseWolf

Today is Spring Equinox and Ostara in the Southern Hemisphere.

I have been celebrating Sabbaths but then I come to the point sometimes I forget and wonder why I am celebrating.

so
Why do we celebrate these sabbaths ?
Why are they so important?

I'm not usually a type who does solo only.
It's more fun and alive when there's events and festivals and people gather together.
Feels dull and quiet doing it alone. I am just a social type. When i do things with people, it brings more meaning and life into it. xd

Double check your calendar. Sun is not in Libra yet, Fall Equinox (Spring for you) is in about 40 hours from now.

Satanic Sabbats from JoS: https://www.satanisgod.org/www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/HOLIDAYS.html

Starting with 2020, our SS Calendars will give info on the Sabbats. Here are some copy-pastes from 2020's calendar (which is not published yet):

The 8 Sabbats are important Satanic/Pagan holidays. These dates align with the Sun, and are times to indulge, feast, and honor the Gods and Goddesses. Telepathic communications and workings of magick are greatly amplified during these holidays.

The eight major Sabbats are the Equinoxes and Solstices of the Sun’s year, and the 4 cross-quarter days that come between them.

Spring Equinox (for those in southern hemisphere):

Spring Equinox is the original Easter/Ostara, in celebration of our Goddess Astarte aka Astaroth. This is an important day for beginning the Magnum Opus, and is related to fertility, renewal, rebirth, taking action, and beginnings. Symbols include rabbits, eggs, and spring flowers.

Fall Equinox (for the rest of us)

Fall Equinox, Mabon, Sun enters Libra. This is the original Pagan festival of Thanksgiving, the second of the three harvest festivals. This is a good time to begin things, and put things into action. Mabon is the balance between light and dark, as the day and night are equal length. Traditionally, this is the day of the great hunt. Symbols of Mabon include apples, acorns, the stag, scarecrows, baskets (gathering of crops), sickles and scythes.

Traditional foods for this festival include apples, squash and other earthy vegetables, cranberries and pomegranates, seeds and nuts, any wild meat such as venison, stews, mushrooms. Really hearty, earthy foods. This is meant to be a true feast, acknowledging the bounty of the Earth and preparing for winter. This was also the traditional day that honored all Gods and Goddesses of the Hunt.

Lydia said:
Double check your calendar. Sun is not in Libra yet, Fall Equinox (Spring for you) is in about 40 hours from now.

Satanic Sabbats from JoS: https://www.satanisgod.org/www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/HOLIDAYS.html

Starting with 2020, our SS Calendars will give info on the Sabbats. Here are some copy-pastes from 2020's calendar (which is not published yet):

The 8 Sabbats are important Satanic/Pagan holidays. These dates align with the Sun, and are times to indulge, feast, and honor the Gods and Goddesses. Telepathic communications and workings of magick are greatly amplified during these holidays.

The eight major Sabbats are the Equinoxes and Solstices of the Sun’s year, and the 4 cross-quarter days that come between them.

Spring Equinox (for those in southern hemisphere):

Spring Equinox is the original Easter/Ostara, in celebration of our Goddess Astarte aka Astaroth. This is an important day for beginning the Magnum Opus, and is related to fertility, renewal, rebirth, taking action, and beginnings. Symbols include rabbits, eggs, and spring flowers.

Fall Equinox (for the rest of us)

Fall Equinox, Mabon, Sun enters Libra. This is the original Pagan festival of Thanksgiving, the second of the three harvest festivals. This is a good time to begin things, and put things into action. Mabon is the balance between light and dark, as the day and night are equal length. Traditionally, this is the day of the great hunt. Symbols of Mabon include apples, acorns, the stag, scarecrows, baskets (gathering of crops), sickles and scythes.

Traditional foods for this festival include apples, squash and other earthy vegetables, cranberries and pomegranates, seeds and nuts, any wild meat such as venison, stews, mushrooms. Really hearty, earthy foods. This is meant to be a true feast, acknowledging the bounty of the Earth and preparing for winter. This was also the traditional day that honored all Gods and Goddesses of the Hunt.
Lydia i was wondering, the Fall Equinox is going to be when the Moon is wanning, do you think it's still a good day to start a spell to increase (basically a spell that you would do during a waxing Moon) or not?

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back