Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Regarding meditations

scorpiorising

Hi,

I am about few days new to JoS, the forum, and SS. Still so much to read up on. While I'm learning more and reading more, I would like to get started on meditation. I'm only familiar with it from new age or Vedic sites: sit, close eyes, no thoughts. However, I would like to do this correctly.

My questions regarding meditation are:

- Which meditations should newbies/beginner focus on first and foremost as foundation?

- Is meditation done typically by sitting on the floor, crossed leg?

- Eyes should be closed or open?

- If one is injured or has lower limb pain, can one meditate while sitting on chair/couch or can one lie down in bed?

- can one play meditation music while meditating?

Thank you, all.

Hello, welcome to the Jos and the forums :)

Meditation can be done sitting, lying, any position that is comfortable for you. Relaxing on a couch or comfortable chair, or in bed with pillow propping you up, just make sure you are physically comfortable enough to tune into your energy. It's mentioned that meditating while lying down can make you fall asleep and potentially ruin a working though, so avoid that if you are tired. There are some meditations done while walking, and you can clean your aura/chakras while in the shower. Meditation can be done anywhere.

Eyes can be open or closed, most people close their eyes so there is no distractions, but some people prefer to keep them open.

You can have music playing if you want, it often helps. Make sure it's not going to distract you though.

Do aura/chakra cleaning, aura of protection, get familiar with the foundation meditation (breathing in energy), work on your chakras, try any on the JoS that you feel drawn to.

Different methods work for different people. There are no strict rules, we are all encouraged to get to know ourselves and do what works best for us as an individual :)

scorpiorising said:
Hi,

I am about few days new to JoS, the forum, and SS. Still so much to read up on. While I'm learning more and reading more, I would like to get started on meditation. I'm only familiar with it from new age or Vedic sites: sit, close eyes, no thoughts. However, I would like to do this correctly.

My questions regarding meditation are:

- Which meditations should newbies/beginner focus on first and foremost as foundation?
I'd start with Aura Cleaning, Aura of Protection, and Void.

scorpiorising said:
- Is meditation done typically by sitting on the floor, crossed leg?
That's really up to you. Some days I might sit cross-legged, other times I'm lying down.
scorpiorising said:
- Eyes should be closed or open?
If you're laying down, eyes open. Falling asleep can be a son of a bitch, especially if you're the type to meditate late at night.
scorpiorising said:
- If one is injured or has lower limb pain, can one meditate while sitting on chair/couch or can one lie down in bed?
Can't really answer this one, unfortunately.
scorpiorising said:
- can one play meditation music while meditating?
Oh, I got an entire playlist for meditation. As long as it doesn't distract from your focus, music during meditation can be very helpful.

Welcome to the forums, by the way. We're glad to have you, so please enjoy your stay :)

Check out the "40 Day Meditation Program" from HP. Hoodedcobra666 in my signature. It's a great place to get started.

I also recommend doing the dedication before meditating, if you haven't already. This will grant you protection from enemy attacks and ensure that you will have a more pleasant experience with your meditations. :)

scorpiorising said:
Meditation with music can definitely help, but I would highly recommend that the music/binaurual beats you're listening to is of a single/double sound such as white noise. Having multiple sounds play out and even vocals can be distracting. Here are a few that have/are helping me right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V-oI-z1NgI&t=222s a 10 hour deep white noise very relaxing and highly recommended with headphones that have built in bass
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAJqoJHRkpY 8 hour propeller plane sound, this one seems to sort of stop at every 16 minutes(I believe) but it shouldn't be too much of a distraction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mgwd_3k3pOw&t=1155s a 2 hour deep theta binaurual beats, this one does contain an intro, and what feels like multiple sounds(however these shouldn't be too distracting)

I hope these help, and it is advised not to use isochronic/binuarual beats that contain subliminals, a member had done this for 20+ days(I think) and it had negatively impacting his/her life. This was explained to me by another SS

Different methods work for different people. There are no strict rules, we are all encouraged to get to know ourselves and do what works best for us as an individual :)

Also follow Lydias advice, the links are of great help to me but may be absolute cancer for you to listen to. So go by what works best for you.

HAIL SATAN ALL THOSE ALLIED TO HIM :smile:

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back