Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Opinion of these "free programming schools"

Syntax

Hello my beautiful Satanic family. Lately I have been seeing ads for lambdaschool.com. A few weeka back I was seeing ads for a very similar site. Basically these programming schools make you pay nothing until you get a job paying 50k+
a year then make you pay a percentage of your paycheck. I have done a bit of research on them and they all seem pretry shitty(I.E giving you shit to study and "learn". Basically the equivalent of a library card with some bells and wistles). I wanted to know your opinion on it my family

A normie friend of mine recommended me https://codeacademy.com for this kinda stuff. The free plan of it lets you do lots of lessons on most programming languages. Pro plan has some more fancy stuff but for the groundwork and intermediate it's not really necessary.

There’s plenty of free resources online like freecodecamp.com or the odin project.
Use those, they teach you how to get jobs too. You pay nothing.

Sounds like a total scam. They take some unknown amount of money from you, hundreds or thousands of dollars, and what do they actually give you in return? All the common code languages can be learned for free on the internet, there is really no reason to pay for anything. And if you do choose to pay, there are websites that have things like guided practice problems that may be helpful, and the real ones (not a scam) will always be clear about how much it costs, should be just a small fee.

I'm not a coder and I don't know much at all about it, but I was required to take one coding class for a few months and we never paid for any of the information. There was no book required for the class because he said all the information is free online from a million different sources.

Syntax said:
Hello my beautiful Satanic family. Lately I have been seeing ads for lambdaschool.com. A few weeka back I was seeing ads for a very similar site. Basically these programming schools make you pay nothing until you get a job paying 50k+
a year then make you pay a percentage of your paycheck. I have done a bit of research on them and they all seem pretry shitty(I.E giving you shit to study and "learn". Basically the equivalent of a library card with some bells and wistles). I wanted to know your opinion on it my family

You can get programming courses for free. Do not let those idiots take you for a ride.

You should go onto computer help forums, coding/programming forums, or sites like Reddit, Quora and maybe Slashdot and ask on there. They could give you a plethora of resources and manuals or links to them if you ask.

Odin Project, also suggested by Aquarius, seems to provide more in-depth as well as more basic knowledge you need for programming, unlike other websites I tried in the past (codecademy being one of them).

I'd have any experienced full-stack developer in your social network have a look at it and tell you what they think about it. By experienced, I mean people who are really good at it, not the average developer you find at the average company. I mean really talented people who are worth more than their weight in gold. The others are just dabblers who learned it as a side skill or just because they needed a job. Like many people taking degrees that have nothing to do with their soul nature. After all, if you want to learn something for real, you go to a real master, not to the average moron.

I also suggest you take a look to hackingloops: it's an interesting plarform to teach you more about cyber security, which is never wasted nowadays.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back