Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Meditation sensitivity?

RoseWolf

Can Meditations make you feel more sensitive? Spiritually and emotionally?

Am i the only one who feels more emotionally sensitive when i do a meditation ?

It does happens sometimes during my sessions so I do stop if it starts feeling uncomfortable. I dont know if it is normal or if meditation can do that.

Even though sometimes i do feel warmth and hot starting at the bottom of my back as well and sometimes energy tingling there too.

Yes it does increase sensitivity. If you need to be less sensitive for whatever reason, tune it out, tell yourself not to be as affected (although easier said than done).

It also increases physical sensitivity, as in, sounds are much louder after meditating, and so on.

Lydia said:
Yes it does increase sensitivity. If you need to be less sensitive for whatever reason, tune it out, tell yourself not to be as affected (although easier said than done).

It also increases physical sensitivity, as in, sounds are much louder after meditating, and so on.

Oh yes. I also feel physically sensitive as well sometimes. Thanks for answering me. I like hearing from other people's experiences. And i sometimes feel emotional too during meditation. It's like all the emotions just come out.

RoseWolf said:
Oh yes. I also feel physically sensitive as well sometimes. Thanks for answering me. I like hearing from other people's experiences. And i sometimes feel emotional too during meditation. It's like all the emotions just come out.

Yes, meditation does release emotions, especially as we are so programmed to bottle up our emotions instead of having a healthy cathartic outlet for them. And it heightens feelings of emotions, amplifying them, so make sure to experience them in a healthy way and don't lose control at inappropriate times. Becoming in tune with your emotions during meditation will help you stay more in control while out in public, for example.

Lydia said:
RoseWolf said:

Yes, meditation does release emotions, especially as we are so programmed to bottle up our emotions instead of having a healthy cathartic outlet for them. And it heightens feelings of emotions, amplifying them, so make sure to experience them in a healthy way and don't lose control at inappropriate times. Becoming in tune with your emotions during meditation will help you stay more in control while out in public, for example.

Thanks you! Now i understand so much more of what is going on with me. I used to think something was wrong or that the meditation was too much for me so I go slow and give my body and mind and myself to adjust with what's going on.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back