Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Wondering About Roanoke

The white people of the village were having an extremely difficult time living there when winter came. They didn't know what to do and weren't used to the land there. They were starving and freezing and didn't know what to do. So a nearby Native tribe met with them and offered to help them and teach them how to live, and the white villagers all went to live with the natives. That native tribe in that area has since had some white european DNA in them, because the white people there were completely integrated and mixed into their tribe's family. So the villagers carved Roanoke on the tree right before they left so it would tell anyone who comes looking for them where they went to. They went to Roanoke, the nearby place where that native tribe lived, to go live with them. I forget what Croatoan means and I don't want to spend any time to look it up, but maybe that is the name of the tribe.

Ol argedco luciftias said:
The white people of the village were having an extremely difficult time living there when winter came. They didn't know what to do and weren't used to the land there. They were starving and freezing and didn't know what to do. So a nearby Native tribe met with them and offered to help them and teach them how to live, and the white villagers all went to live with the natives. That native tribe in that area has since had some white european DNA in them, because the white people there were completely integrated and mixed into their tribe's family. So the villagers carved Roanoke on the tree right before they left so it would tell anyone who comes looking for them where they went to. They went to Roanoke, the nearby place where that native tribe lived, to go live with them. I forget what Croatoan means and I don't want to spend any time to look it up, but maybe that is the name of the tribe.

That makes a lot of sense. But croatoan was the word they carved, not Roanoke, that was the name of the white settlement. I never heard any explanation even in school that actually makes sense

I just looked up "Croatoan". That was the name of the tribe they went to live with. The Croatoan tribe was living in that same area with them. So the Roanoke people just left a note that says who they went to live with now. The history books try to make some big mystery from this, but it's a lot more simple than they say.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back