Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Quick clarification on rune workings

EasternFireLion666

I need a bit of advice on rune working.
On the main jos page it is specified that in a rune working first you state the affirmation and then you vibrate the rune a number of time divisible by the icelandic number of the rune. In the race awakening ritual it is more like the rtr. First you vibrate the runes and then you state the affirmation. Which do you think is the best method? And how many times should the affirmation be said?

Hp Cobra has already clarified about the number of days. Any number of days raises energy but going for at least 40 gives permanence or a way longer lasting effect. Also we should aim for a waning moon as it amplifies the working.

You can state the affirmation before or after vibrating the Rune/s. It might or might not make a difference individually.

You state the affirmation a power number of times, depending on the meaning and intention. e.g. 8 times for eternal things, 9 times for permanence for ending things and breaking down barriers or 13 times for transformation. 9, though, is sort of like a power power number, if you will, and a member described it as sort of a forceful number to make things happen. This also applies for the number of times to vibrate - either a multiple of the Rune number or a multiple of 9 times, except for 108 which is connected with Saturnine energies.

EasternFireLion666 said:
On the main jos page it is specified that in a rune working first you state the affirmation and then you vibrate the rune a number of time divisible by the icelandic number of the rune. In the race awakening ritual it is more like the rtr. First you vibrate the runes and then you state the affirmation. Which do you think is the best method? And how many times should the affirmation be said?

Hp Cobra has already clarified about the number of days. Any number of days raises energy but going for at least 40 gives permanence or a way longer lasting effect. Also we should aim for a waning moon as it amplifies the working.
Personally I just vibrate the runes first and then state the affirmation afterwards. It's important that you stay focused on the goal of your working at all times during the working, from start to finish.
As for the number of affirmations, it depends on your goal. 18 is a solid number for pretty much any goal.
For athletics and martian/aries/combative/etc goals, you can use 11 or 16.
For love/attraction/harmony you can use 14.
For transformation/renewal you can use 13.
For order and balance you can use 12.

These are personal suggestions and not verified by the clergy (atleast from what I know) so test things for yourself first. If you are unsure what to use, 18 always works.

Also I think you meant to say "waxing" moon, and not waning. For white magick, do it in the time of the waxing moon. For black magick, do it during the waning moon.

Definitely you should first vibrate the runes and then state the afirmation because the energy must be first generated and then programed by will and focus with the afirmation. If you say the afirmation before, basically there is no energy to programme because it hasn't been generated by the vibration of the power words.

As for the number of days, if is a very important working, like for eliminating problems deep rooted in the soul, you should rather go for 90 or even 180 consecutive days according to how bad the problem is. If 180 days weren't enough to solve it then the work must be repeated for another 180 days or choose another method. For problems which are affecting us for more lifetimes definitely 40 days is not enough. Having problems with money and poverty can potentially be this kind of problem. Depends also what you natal chart says. As far as I know our placements are similar in every lifetime, which is why our problems aren't dissapearing by themselves but need to be dealt with and solved.

Shael said:
EasternFireLion666 said:

Personally I just vibrate the runes first and then state the affirmation afterwards. It's important that you stay focused on the goal of your working at all times during the working, from start to finish.
As for the number of affirmations, it depends on your goal. 18 is a solid number for pretty much any goal.
For athletics and martian/aries/combative/etc goals, you can use 11 or 16.
For love/attraction/harmony you can use 14.
For transformation/renewal you can use 13.
For order and balance you can use 12.

These are personal suggestions and not verified by the clergy (atleast from what I know) so test things for yourself first. If you are unsure what to use, 18 always works.

Also I think you meant to say "waxing" moon, and not waning. For white magick, do it in the time of the waxing moon. For black magick, do it during the waning moon.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions. You are right about the waxing moon. I always mix them up. I think i should write them down for 40 times till they get correctly into my head.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back