Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Alternatives to ChronosXP

Gearhead

So I've been reading up on how to perform 40-day workings and followed the suggestion to install ChronosXP. Problem is: I'm a Linux user, and trying to get it to run in Wine has been an absolute can of worms. My machine also has nowhere near enough horsepower to run a virtual machine. As well, it looks like the program hasn't been updated in ten years, and a couple people on the project page have reported that it just stopped working out of the blue.

What other programs are out there that can give accurate planetary hours?

Gearhead said:

If you're willing to put in a little extra work for complete installation, the only other alternatives I can find online for you are Astrolog and PyMorinus. There was a user that tried to build something like ChronosXP for Linux based off of these two programs in order to make things simpler, but the software appears to be overly buggy and inaccurate.

If I were you I would try my luck with PyMorinus first.

I will make something similar in about a month. In fact, I have a project already started, but it has been postponed for months.

I am gonna finish it soon, and put it up here for Linux, Mac OS and Windows. Absolutely free of charge, of course.

I am also planning Android version.

Gearhead said:
So I've been reading up on how to perform 40-day workings and followed the suggestion to install ChronosXP. Problem is: I'm a Linux user, and trying to get it to run in Wine has been an absolute can of worms. My machine also has nowhere near enough horsepower to run a virtual machine. As well, it looks like the program hasn't been updated in ten years, and a couple people on the project page have reported that it just stopped working out of the blue.

I use an app called „Time Nomad“
Just go to options -> add new location -> and type in your location.

Alternetively just use your browser

https://www.astrology.com.tr/planetary-hours.asp

Gearhead said:

Personally I use http://lunarium.co.uk/planets/hours.jsp
Just make sure to choose a location close to you for accuracy. The hours will not be 100% accurate and depending on the location selected, will likely deviate by a few minutes give or take, so to be safe I would recommend starting any working ~15 minutes into the planetary hour of your choosing. This is just a band-aid solution of course. A fully accurate application for this would be far superior.

Shael said:
Personally I use http://lunarium.co.uk/planets/hours.jsp
Just make sure to choose a location close to you for accuracy. The hours will not be 100% accurate and depending on the location selected, will likely deviate by a few minutes give or take, so to be safe I would recommend starting any working ~15 minutes into the planetary hour of your choosing. This is just a band-aid solution of course. A fully accurate application for this would be far superior.

I would advise that as well. Though I will state something with ChronosXP it is accurate to the second. In other words for example 3:31:47 PM while Lunarium only is accurate to the minute. So even if you start within the time it may be wrong by several seconds and believe me even just a second off is wrong. ChronosXP seems more confident in the working whereby I do like myself and put in several minutes later.

For example square vibration 3:31:47 PM; I wait till 3:32 PM to start it WITHIN the hour.

Though I have had the thought like Shael said of waiting at least 15 minutes in. Even high reps like say 36 vibrations doesn't take that long as I thought in fact I was shocked at how quickly a Sun square vibration can be done at 36 reps. I'm not sure what others vibrations of say a higher square are like say Mercury or Moon. But don't be surprised how fast the square vibrations can be rolled out.

And yes it would be nice to have ChronosXP reconstructed and made to be more accurate hell it would be nice for a mobile version for those whom are more smarthphone users. Non the less I believe ChronosXP no matter how outdated is considered the best or more accurate though I might be wrong about that but non the less ~15 minutes in and it doesn't seem to be a problem.

I personally have used Lunarium for this for awhile. I don't find it to be Inaccurate. As you get more open you can sometimes sense when its the planitary hour you are looking for anyways. I always use Lunarium cause I often have my phone so it's easy and quick to check without installing anuthing. I don't personally think it's bad but year 5 to ten minutes before and after I often use.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back