Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Meditation/yoga routine

xlnt

I would like to know what routines you all have when it comes to meditation and yoga exercises.
Personally I do breath of fire exercises every evening after work and later on void meditation while lying in bed. I almost never fall asleep even though I'm lying down since I've always had trouble falling asleep anyway. Sometimes I also listen to some meditation-music/soundwaves which can be helpful, especially initially. Would you also recommend this?
I also do a whole yoga exercise program once a week; the DVD "Kundalini yoga for beginners and beyond" which I found on the JoS website. Highly recommended.

It's much easier to do these exercises once the routine is in place. I do however find it very difficult to meditate while sitting straight up, which I did mostly in the past.
Any recommendations as to how to wind down after work and get better at meditation? I work in a store which can be a bit stressful and I often find it very hard to wind down afterwards. Not only that but the whole way of life in the big city stresses me out and I'm sure you all can relate to that.

You don’t have to be completely straight when doing meditation, you have to be completely relaxed, like a sloth :p

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back