Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Updated mantras for chakras

Drakon

I just discovered this:

https://www.ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12433&p=43597&hilit=Aum+4th+chakra#p43597

In the Full Chakras Meditation the mantras mentioned still as 'Aum~6th Chakra' and 'Yaum~Heart Chakra'.

So, what are we supposed to do?
The updated mantra's use is only for the opening of the chakras or should I do the updated way of order to my full chakra meditation?

Drakon said:
I just discovered this:

https://www.ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12433&p=43597&hilit=Aum+4th+chakra#p43597

In the Full Chakras Meditation the mantras mentioned still as 'Aum~6th Chakra' and 'Yaum~Heart Chakra'.

The updated mantra's use is only for the opening of the chakras or should I do the updated way of order to my full chakra meditation?
From now on just use Iaum for the 6th chakra and Aum for the 4th chakra (i even use Iaum for the third eye). The HP's don't have a lot of time to update all the pages on Jos this is why they didn't update the full meditation page. But like i said from now on do it in that way wich from experience is a lot powerful.

Drakon said:
I just discovered this:

I do "Yaum" in the 6th and "Aum" in the 4th. If you want to do a full chakra meditation, it's also advised you work on your pineal gland as well, as it has been revealed to be the "8th" chakra recently. I use "Gaum" for the pineal gland. :)

Shael said:
I do "Yaum" in the 6th and "Aum" in the 4th.
Okay but that's backwards. Outdated incorrect information. 4th is Aum and 6th is Yaum. Old texts said the mantra for the heart chakra is Yaum, but the heart chakra is actually in the head because the energy paths come together in the shape of a heart in the 6th chakra.

The 4th chakra is just a connector between the upper and lower sets of chakras, with nothing really special about it. Aum does not have any letter before it to specialize its energy like all the other chakra mantras do (like Raum, Vaum, Laum, Haum, Yaum, Maum) This matches with the 4th chakra being just a connector and not having a specialized purpose. The Y in Yaum is connected to the sound of "i". Yaum is very similar sound to the name Inanna who is Astarte and is also a mantra for the 6th chakra. Astarte/Inanna/[Sounds like Ynanna] is the Queen of Heaven, heaven is the actuvation of the chakras in the head.

luis said:
From now on just use Iaum for the 6th chakra and Aum for the 4th chakra (i even use Iaum for the third eye). The HP's don't have a lot of time to update all the pages on Jos this is why they didn't update the full meditation page. But like i said from now on do it in that way wich from experience is a lot powerful.
Did you mean "Yaum"? From what I know, "Laum" is the mantra for the base chakra.

Shael said:
luis said:
Did you mean "Yaum"? From what I know, "Laum" is the mantra for the base chakra.
Sorry, yes i meant Yaum.

Ol argedco luciftias said:
Shael said:
Okay but that's backwards. Outdated incorrect information. 4th is Aum and 6th is Yaum.
I believe we have stated the exact same thing, my friend. :lol:

Shael said:
Shael said:
Okay but that's backwards. Outdated incorrect information. 4th is Aum and 6th is Yaum.
I believe we have stated the exact same thing, my friend. :lol:
Oh you're right! :lol: I wasn't paying attention. I thought I was sure you said it the other way :lol:

So I've been doing AUM into the Solar Chakra incorrectly? AU = Gold, Gold/Yellow = Solar...

FancyMancy said:
So I've been doing AUM into the Solar Chakra incorrectly? AU = Gold, Gold/Yellow = Solar...
This has to do with the Sanskrit mantras for each chakra.
Basically, as you know, all mantras for the chakras are "AUM" preluded by a letter focusing on the qualities of each chakra. So "Laum" has the "L" for earthy qualities, base chakra. Vaum has the "V" for watery qualities, sacral chakra. Raum has the "R" for fiery qualities, solar chakra. Heart chakra has only "Aum" because it is a neutral connector. Throat chakra has "Haum" with (I think) Aether qualities. 6th chakra has "Yaum" with airy qualities. Crown chakra has "Maum"; I'm not sure what elemental quality would be predominant here. Based on Frawleys bija mantra book, I'd ascribe it more of an "expansive" nature in general, rather than a specific element.
"Labials (pa, pha, ba, bha, ma) require the movement of the lips. They are the most outward sounds made at the front of the mouth. They have a bursting or explosive effect like the blowing of bubbles. They allow us to express our energies into the external world, having a productive action to bring things into form."
Combining this "ma" sound with the "um" from "Aum", I arrived at my deduction of it having an expansive effect, as "U" tends to harmoniously expand.

Just as a quick disclaimer - I am not exceptionally well-versed in sanskrit and in-depth bija mantra knowledge, so take all this with a grain of salt. I just did some quick research on it to make this band-aid of a reply, in case no other member finds the time to add their knowledge.

Hopefully Savitar (or another member with better knowledge on the subject) sees this and gives you a more comprehensive reply.

Νίκος said:
FancyMancy said:
Really how you related then this way :geek: :mrgreen:
FancyMancy said:
Add R to make it more firey, Raum.
Yes, I meant to say RAUM, not just AUM, but here's where I got confused -

Shael said:
Heart chakra has only "Aum" because it is a neutral connector.
with Shael saying s/he does AUM into 4th, I got confused because AU is gold/yellow, as I said, which is 666/Solar/3rd Chakra... but I didn't realise AUM alone is Heart (4th)...while at the same time I did know Chakras are [letter]AUM... I did, of course, realise each does have a letter preceeding AUM, but just AU being gold which is Solar confused me as to AUM being into the 4th, without a preceeding letter, for the neutral Heart! :oops: takes a breath

So while AU is gold (periodic number 79), the AUM mantra is for the neutral Heart (4th) Chakra and different letters+AUM correspond to each different respective Chakra. Man, lol.

FancyMancy said:
Shael said:
with Shael saying s/he does AUM into 4th, I got confused because AU is gold/yellow, as I said, which is 666/Solar/3rd Chakra... but I didn't realise AUM alone is Heart (4th)...while at the same time I did know Chakras are [letter]AUM... I did, of course, realise each does have a letter preceeding AUM, but just AU being gold which is Solar confused me as to AUM being into the 4th, without a preceeding letter, for the neutral Heart! :oops: takes a breath
Hahaha :lol:

FancyMancy said:
He ^^

Shael said:
FancyMancy said:
Shael said:
Hahaha :lol:

FancyMancy said:
He ^^
scoffs I'm all better now! Lol.

Yaum works in the chest for me and aum in the 6th yes au is gold but it's like foundation for all chakras it doesn't matter I think aum for the 6th is also quite traditional for the 6th au 'gold' strengthens anyway

In the Full Chakra Meditation the sanskrit mantra to use for the 6th Chakra is Thaum.

So what to do, replace it with Yaum too?

Drakon said:
In the Full Chakra Meditation the sanskrit mantra to use for the 6th Chakra is Thaum.

So what to do, replace it with Yaum too?
As far as I'm concerned, Yaum is much better for the 6th and gave me great effects. I use Thaum for the 3rd eye.
I'd recommend to just try each one and see which works better for you. Sometimes it's better to use more "mellow" mantras at first, especially if you're a beginner, instead of jumping straight to the most powerful ones, so as to not get overwhelmed.
The strongest mantra for the 6th, is Yaum. Atleast to my knowledge.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back