Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Long time question: Chakra sizes.

Gearshift

Hello everyone. My question is simple.

How big are chakras? How big are major chakras? How big are minor chakras?

In my own personal study I have stayed with the notion that all major chakras are 1 sq inch base with 1 inch height. So 1" x 1", while minor chakras are half-an inch base half an inch height 0.5" x 0.5" only exception is anahata which is two chakras in octohedron format so basically two inches in length while maintaining individual one inch base one inch height. I began to realize this after reading the "Square Inch forehead area" Gentile Tefillin that the Shintos use, so-called Solar circle Teffilin during one of Mageson's sermon.

I have delved around the internet and it bogs into new-age or buddist or hindu stuff. For example rereading Robert Bruce's guide a while back when Zolaluckystar talked about her astral projection experiences. He mentions chakras as being non-physical objects stimulated by imagination i.e. a non-physical force unlike us with Kaballah(sound and vibration). Do keep in mind Robert Bruce is not deep in the occult. He might be sharp for astral projection and the capacity to experience both altered state and power meditation of his study. As well as void and hearing the silence of his mind even suppressing thought pressures.

But basically he states chakras are fist sized non-physical spiritual organs. Other sites around the internet reiterate the same and basically some state chakras to be the size of almost your head that in some cases they come out of the body or are visualized in such manner for meditation. Almost like giant vortexes spinning in a whirlpool.

The basic understanding is since your using your imagination you may not have to be realistic about it. I'm always realistic about it so I kinda suppress my imagination and focus on real world aspects making it realistically.

Could this be a reason why I'm hurting my visualization or imagination? Should I think outside the box and play with my imagination or is it all good?

Gear88 said:

Don't obsess too much over it all, if such issues with visualization are holding you back then forget about visualizing and try to 'feel' instead. When you become familiar with feeling your chakras you'll eventually gain a kind of 'mental map' for them. Their dimensions and size don't matter in visualization, just picture the chakra alone by itself in a white void, just focus on it, it's colour, it's shape, the direction it's point is facing, the more attention you passively bring to it the more energy will naturally go to that chakra and you'll be able to feel it as a 'tingling' or 'electrical' sensation in your body.

This sensation will give you a kind of 'mapping' that can roughly estimate it's location, it's shape, size and energy levels and the more you focus on it and work on it on a daily basis the better you'll have a feel for the chakra and visualize it more clearly in your minds eye. There's no need to over-complicate things.

Ghost in the Machine said:
'feel' instead.

Okay thanks I'll try that out. Most of my seeing is just using my imagination at the moment of visualization and doing a meditation.

just picture the chakra alone by itself in a white void

See that is the thing when I picture or more precisely use my imagination. The chakra is there in the void but it's black; I do remember visualizing one time white and even trying white-gold. Well the thing is the whiteness or other color is too bright for me to see the chakra in some cases the white/color overpowers the color of the chakra. Or to be more specific the white/color bleeds into the area of the chakra and making contrast between them very difficult.

I'm not sure if visualizing your soul as black is bad or not. I'm sure some people have beaten themselves up over if it is correct or not kinda like how some people see their chakra dark or tainted and assume it's a bad sign.

What about this situation dealing with colors?

Gear88 said:
just picture the chakra alone by itself in a white void

See that is the thing when I picture or more precisely use my imagination. The chakra is there in the void but it's black; I do remember visualizing one time white and even trying white-gold. Well the thing is the whiteness or other color is too bright for me to see the chakra in some cases the white/color overpowers the color of the chakra. Or to be more specific the white/color bleeds into the area of the chakra and making contrast between them very difficult.

I'm not sure if visualizing your soul as black is bad or not. I'm sure some people have beaten themselves up over if it is correct or not kinda like how some people see their chakra dark or tainted and assume it's a bad sign.

What about this situation dealing with colors?

Working with colours is very advanced as it takes a lot of focus and specified intent to get what you want out of them. Colours don't have any power to them unless you use them as forms of energy such as your aura or just a ball of energy in general. Those who aren't very good with applying intent to energy should not be working with colours such as black, red, yellow and especially grey until they grow more advanced and much more familiar with directing and using energy.

Even then working with grey is an absolute glass canon until you are more confident and masterful with using energy. My experience with using grey energy is that it can be very volatile and effective when used carefully, but if you don't know what you are doing or you are not focused enough, the energy can backfire and affect you instead. Always clean your aura after using coloured energy, and never use grey on yourself. It's safer to practice with colours such as gold, white and indigo.

I only gave "a white void" as a general guide, if you find it easier with a black background then that's fine, your focus is just on the chakra .

Never meant to state about colors was speaking about my own visualization of my soul though I appreciate the color information. As a personal thought I always was weary of using pure white always felt like I would over use it.

I only gave "a white void" as a general guide, if you find it easier with a black background then that's fine, your focus is just on the chakra .

Well I do remember one time on the ProPHP old forums. Someone stating if you visualize your soul as black your turning off your soul or not making it appear in brilliance and shine and reducing or eliminating your souls shine. Limiting your powers so to speak.

I kinda freaked out but returned back to black when I noticed I couldn't separate the chakra and color of the soul. I have been noticing I'm using white-gold and it feels okay but I notice it's become easier perhaps simplifying my meditation schedule and restarting the 40-day guide has helped recently. Plus the years that passed when I have read that.

BTW final question is it necessary to visualize your innards while seeing your soul like seeing your organs/guts in the presence of the chakra. I notice sometimes the image of my innards pop in like some sort of flash x-ray. Not to say I have those powers just my imagination flashes in and out of realism to simply spiritual or more precisely focused just on the soul as a structure-less body look.

Gear88 said:

Our souls thrive on light, that is why it is referred to as the light-body. Darkening your soul or dimming it can reduce it's level of power but having it shine brilliantly again afterwards can return it back to it's prior state. Think of it as lessening the amount of electricity to a light bulb causing it to dim but still being able to make it bright again. The only reason I can see anyone dimming their soul for would be to hide it on the astral but there are better and more efficient methods to do this.

I also notice that you are mistaking this 'backdrop' in your visualization as your soul when it's actually just a background for you to see your chakra in contrast over, like a blank wall that photographers will have you stand against so the focus is on you. Don't imagine that this blackness is your soul and think of it more as just a separate void or background. When I visualize my chakras I don't actually visualize them inside of my soul, I just visualize the chakra itself and have it shine brightly, and when I'm cleaning it I make it brighten further and further until the light spreads to every inch of my 'peripheral' blocking out the darkness or background.

This background isn't very important, hell you could just visualize your chakra floating in a forest for all your soul cares. So long as you acknowledge that the chakra you are visualizing is your chakra then the energy will automatically go to the actual chakras astral location in your soul.

Think of it this way, it is stated that if you want to clean the soul of someone you care about to just visualize them in your mind surrounded in white-gold light. But what if this person is on the other side of the planet? You can't visualize where they are, you have no idea what they're doing, what they're wearing, what they look like.... well that doesn't matter because so long as you know that the person you are visualizing is them it will still go to and affect them. We don't need to specify every little detail, we just need to focus the intent.

As for your question, you don't need to visualize your organs or anything of the sort, like I said the background and surrounding visuals don't matter, just the chakra itself and the energy you put into it. It's easier to simplify things for yourself.

This background isn't very important, hell you could just visualize your chakra floating in a forest for all your soul cares. So long as you acknowledge that the chakra you are visualizing is your chakra then the energy will automatically go to the actual chakras astral location in your soul.

As for your question, you don't need to visualize your organs or anything of the sort, like I said the background and surrounding visuals don't matter, just the chakra itself and the energy you put into it. It's easier to simplify things for yourself.

*Posts head explode emoji*

Yes you simplified it quite well Thanks again for answering my questions and concepts I had for well over a decade now.

Always did have trouble bringing fancifulness into my imagination and always trying to keep it real.

I like the "Forrest example" seems like a nice zen like way to visualize. I know for external magic you didn't need to know every detail but even for the internal magic it's interesting that it doesn't matter either way it'll go to it's respective location like I said always felt like I had to clean it at the EXACT spot or else it doesn't work.

Guess considering I've always been a left-brain logical thinker that applying wildness from imagination is detrimental never knew it really doesn't matter as long as you think and feel it's yourself or your own chakra in this example.

Gear88 said:
*Posts head explode emoji*

Yes you simplified it quite well Thanks again for answering my questions and concepts I had for well over a decade now.

Always did have trouble bringing fancifulness into my imagination and always trying to keep it real.

I like the "Forrest example" seems like a nice zen like way to visualize. I know for external magic you didn't need to know every detail but even for the internal magic it's interesting that it doesn't matter either way it'll go to it's respective location like I said always felt like I had to clean it at the EXACT spot or else it doesn't work.

Guess considering I've always been a left-brain logical thinker that applying wildness from imagination is detrimental never knew it really doesn't matter as long as you think and feel it's yourself or your own chakra in this example.

Exactly. The energy goes where it's intended to go with focus, you don't need to build the path so long as you can focus on the destination. If you can focus on the destination, the energy will build it's own path towards it automatically for you. You don't gotta sweat the details too much.

Update: Been performing the simple meditations on 40-day guide pre-hatha yoga days.

I've been cleaning the chakras for example and they appear quite large in my mind I view them in an almost 2D manner with white-gold around it, in particularly I've been making them spin quickly. Shael in another thread I posted mentioned from HIS experience either you view them fixed without moving or spinning quickly but not slowly.

For example Muladhara red pointing up with a large field of white-gold covering my vision as best as I can make it resonate in my mind. Funny enough when I look down in my mind to my perineum area I notice a large emanation of white-gold energy at the specific spot. So aside from seeing my red chakra being cleansed by white-gold the real area of the chakra is being cleansed as well or should I be more correct and state the energy like Ghost mentioned is going to that area of my soul:
Exactly. The energy goes where it's intended to go with focus, you don't need to build the path so long as you can focus on the destination. If you can focus on the destination, the energy will build it's own path towards it automatically for you. You don't gotta sweat the details too much.

As for certain times while visualization is reasonable I can at times lose coherency in visualizing for example the chakra turns another color or loses the color or just becomes a mental burden. Funny enough I've always been kinda mentally fatigued more by meditation I guess my own self exerts a lot of mental energy to focus on meditation. Also been spinning well and visualizing the emanating aura of the color of each chakra while the chakra spinning and trying my best to spin them quickly even though it's a struggle it works well but to visualize it doing it well. Guess I jumped the boat in the past to quickly stating it to spin at the Speed of Light and simply visualizing the chakra white. Yes it's much easier but visualization wise it's not very in depth I never picked up the ground base training to spin up the chakras from low/as best spin color to high/fast spin color and THEN finally after a long time focus on Speed of light.

Gear88 said:
As for certain times while visualization is reasonable I can at times lose coherency in visualizing for example the chakra turns another color or loses the color or just becomes a mental burden. Funny enough I've always been kinda mentally fatigued more by meditation I guess my own self exerts a lot of mental energy to focus on meditation. Also been spinning well and visualizing the emanating aura of the color of each chakra while the chakra spinning and trying my best to spin them quickly even though it's a struggle it works well but to visualize it doing it well. Guess I jumped the boat in the past to quickly stating it to spin at the Speed of Light and simply visualizing the chakra white. Yes it's much easier but visualization wise it's not very in depth I never picked up the ground base training to spin up the chakras from low/as best spin color to high/fast spin color and THEN finally after a long time focus on Speed of light.

There's nothing wrong with searching up an image on your browser of the colour of the chakra, or just going into the paint program on your pc and filling the canvas with whatever colour you're trying to visualize in order to help you out. I too can get distracted or side-tracked when visualizing, or perhaps I'll be tired and losing focus, I'll just look at a full solid image of the colour and look at it whenever I feel the colour slipping and need to 'remember' what the colour looks like again.

As for when you're spinning your chakras you can also 'tell' your chakra to spin as you're trying to visualize it spinning. I primarily do this all the time telling it to spin faster and faster. Commanding in combination with your visualizing will help 'solidify' your intent to spin it, which will make it just that much easier. I'll tell you because I know you'll wonder, you do not have to be specific with this command. If saying 'spin' really fast in your head helps you then do it, it doesn't matter how you tell it to spin, what you say, how fast you say it, just do whatever makes it easier for you.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back