Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Whey protein

BoRn of fire

Guys is it completely useless using this stuff say after working out as I might not always have the time to have a meal I need to have something as not to lose muscle

I'm in the same position where I often don't have the time or appetite for big meals so I supplement with whey protein. It seems to do the job.

Using a fast absorbing whey isolate after working out isn't a waste of time if you can get it in within 30-45 minutes after the workout. Throw in a banana or pineapple pieces into the mix. Use a slow absorbing whey protein like concentrate or casein at night or during non-lifting days to keep a slow steady feed of protein in the system. Do not use more than once a day as you can get a lot of protein from eating regular meals as well....
If you're looking for really good proteins, this site pretty much has the best. They have whey, egg, vegetable proteins, and even bean protein and a bunch of varieties. And they're all pure. I get mine from there. They can be a bit expensive on some but it's worth it on some.
www.proteinfactory.com

Hail Father Satan

It has estrogen induced in it and other harmful feminizing chemicals. Its a complete scam, there were recent studies about it.

make a meal in advance. you're not gonna loose muscles for skipping a meal.

BoRn of fire said:
Guys is it completely useless using this stuff say after working out as I might not always have the time to have a meal I need to have something as not to lose muscle

Hello BoF,

I weightlift regularly and I use whey protein powder. I consume 'Gold Standard Whey Protein' blended with a variety of fruits.

The thing is that there are A LOT of abysmal quality protein powder & supplements that are mostly made of "filler", sugar, and synthetic garbage that will harm you in the long run. Apart from being unhealthy and useless, they are also expensive.

From a bodybuilding perspective, you don't need protein powder to achieve & maintain muscle growth and mass. Growth and mass are almost solely attributed to proper nutrition and dieting. I recommend preparing natural/plain yoghurt blended with nuts and fruits (walnuts, blueberries, strawberries, papayas, and bananas) if you're on the go.

However, the bottom line is that nothing will ever beat a balanced diet for achieving a state of increasing optimal fitness.

HS.

Whey protein is not good for you if you get too much of it. It's imbalanced. Good idea to include gelatin as well to balance out the whey.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back