Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Whey protein

BoRn of fire

Guys is it completely useless using this stuff say after working out as I might not always have the time to have a meal I need to have something as not to lose muscle

BoRn of fire said:
Guys is it completely useless using this stuff say after working out as I might not always have the time to have a meal I need to have something as not to lose muscle

After sport I always take 30g whey protein with soja milk 0,4l. it helps to reduce sore muscles and is a meal with 122,7 kcal /519KJ. soja not counted.

"The German Nutrition Society (DGE) recommends eating about 0.8 g of protein per kilogram of body weight. No matter if you are a woman or a man. The upper limit is 2 g per kilogram of body weight. For a woman weighing 60 kg, this means that she can eat between 48 and 120 g of protein per day. The prerequisite for a protein-rich diet is a healthy kidney." google

From a sport website they say more then 30g can´t be used at once, better do not take more then 30g to much can damage you :

"Protein shakes alone do not lead to success

As a general rule, only drinking protein shakes is useless. In order to build muscles successfully, a combination of a conscious and protein-rich diet as well as personal training with effective regeneration phases is essential. Protein shakes, however, promote muscle building and keep protein intake stable. However, this does not mean that they can replace a balanced diet. For the normal amateur athlete, a regular intake of protein shakes is not necessary per se," says Gerrit Neuhaus, sports scientist, personal trainer and nutrition expert - if you eat a healthy diet. Then the body is supplied on average easily with 30 grams of protein per meal, more it can usually not process. However, it is particularly important to mix protein-containing foods such as a portion of low-fat quark with carbohydrates (e.g. mangomus). "Put simply, this combination is used to increase the insulin level of carbohydrates and to transport the important amino acid chains from the proteins," says the nutrition expert. However, if things have to go fast, recreational athletes can of course also fall back on protein shakes as an alternative."

GG Allin said:
BoRn of fire said:

After sport I always take 30g whey protein with soja milk 0,4l. it helps to reduce sore muscles and is a meal with 122,7 kcal /519KJ. soja not counted.

"The German Nutrition Society (DGE) recommends eating about 0.8 g of protein per kilogram of body weight. No matter if you are a woman or a man. The upper limit is 2 g per kilogram of body weight. For a woman weighing 60 kg, this means that she can eat between 48 and 120 g of protein per day. The prerequisite for a protein-rich diet is a healthy kidney." google

From a sport website they say more then 30g can´t be used at once, better do not take more then 30g to much can damage you :

As a general rule, only drinking protein shakes is useless. In order to build muscles successfully, a combination of a conscious and protein-rich diet as well as personal training with effective regeneration phases is essential. Protein shakes, however, promote muscle building and keep protein intake stable. However, this does not mean that they can replace a balanced diet. For the normal amateur athlete, a regular intake of protein shakes is not necessary per se," says Gerrit Neuhaus, sports scientist, personal trainer and nutrition expert - if you eat a healthy diet. Then the body is supplied on average easily with 30 grams of protein per meal, more it can usually not process. However, it is particularly important to mix protein-containing foods such as a portion of low-fat quark with carbohydrates (e.g. mangomus). "Put simply, this combination is used to increase the insulin level of carbohydrates and to transport the important amino acid chains from the proteins," says the nutrition expert. However, if things have to go fast, recreational athletes can of course also fall back on protein shakes as an alternative."
Would it hence be good to take it before working out and especially before going for a run

BoRn of fire said:
GG Allin said:
BoRn of fire said:

Would it hence be good to take it before working out and especially before going for a run

my last info, you can take it before or after training (short time after). i will ask in my gym tomorrow. there are studied staff who should know the answer ;)

to quote aquarius : dont use it it's crap. compared to natural food jes. but 2-3 times a week a protein drink(as described above) won´t kill people

from a other website:

"Long-distance runners are recommended to cover about 10% of the food they eat with protein-containing foods.

The distribution should be approximately as follows:

65% Carbohydrates
25% fat
10% protein/protein

However, after a long run (for example in marathon or triathlon preparation), a good protein supply can accelerate the regeneration and repair time of minor muscle injuries. In addition, muscle growth is stimulated, which in turn reduces the risk of injury during training."

Protein shakes can help but won`t do alone without consistent training and a balanced diet. Also, I recommend the use of "non-GMO" protein.

The best way for me to build up muscles and get in superb bodily shape was by following a full-body-training schedule from a book that HP Maxine Dietrich mentioned a while ago. Along with that I take 2 x protein shakes (2 x 50g) daily before and after workout.

First some accurate information:

There’s nothing wrong with whey protein itself, but it is common for even top brands to be contaminated with heavy metals. You can find a reputable source of pure whey concentrate and send some to a lab to be tested if you want to be certain. You should buy pure anyway as all the protein mixtures for weight gain or bulking are just diabetes bombs with retarded amounts of sugar in them.

Your body can digest FAR more than 30 grams of protein at a time.

If your training is lifting heavy and hard go for just over 2g protein per kg of lean bodyweight. Protein is used for other things besides rebuilding muscle. “Eat big to get big” to true and you have to eat A LOT to build muscle.

That long distance runner style of macros is why they look they’ll snap in half if the wind blows a little too hard. Low protein diets are terrible.

Having your protein and fat more or less balanced gram for gram in each meal is great for building muscle as well. One of the reasons eggs are so good for you is this balance.

Most importantly though:

There is no such thing as an after workout window where you have to consume supplements or food within 40mins or whatever. If you ingest enough protein to recover and you sleep long enough to recover, you will recover, whether that protein went in within 30 mins or it was 4 hours later for supper.

And whey protein is purely a matter of convenience. It’s quicker and easier to prepare and digest your daily amounts if say 20% is covered by whey. But it isn’t necessary.

If you want something to satiate yourself after training, try this beast:

250ml whole milk (can be more depending on how thick you want it)
4 raw eggs
4 tablespoons peanut butter (get natural if you can – no added oil or sugar. Peanut oil in the natural stuff is good
but they add other shit to mainstream brands. Also, in reality you aren’t going to level out spoons of this stuff so just take two heaping tablespoons.)
1 medium to large banana
4 teaspoons brown sugar (if you train really hard this helps replenish glycogen quickly)
1 tablespoon Alkalized cocoa powder

Throw it all in a blender, sip it until it’s done and you have approximately 920 calories, 52g of protein, 55g carbs, 58g fat. It’s not made for flavor, but it doesn’t taste bad at all.

i asked today the gym stuff said 30 gramm not more can a body use within one hour. and it should be drunk after the workout ( for example: long run).

Hi Born of Fire,
Don't know if you saw my comment on your other same post, but you'll get some of the purest and best proteins powders here : www.proteinfactory.com
I'm not one of their spokes persons, but I've been using their powders for quite some time and have never had a problem.
Buying from the big chain stores, you're more than likely gonna get a lot of fillers and things and a small amount of actual beneficial proteins.
All the Brothers and Sisters here have some great comments. Take your time with all our advice and stay healthy.

Hail Father Satan

In my opinion powdered protein supplements are a fraud and a waste of money, are totally artificial and are full of chemical additives, you can get all the protein you need through a balanced diet.

Just eat some eggs. Has all the protein and almost every kind of nutrient you could ever need. All the nutrients balanced together in the perfect ratios and concentrations that your cells actually need, because it is a giant healthy cell. Putting some butter and eggs in a pan for a minute isn't any more difficult than trying to mix together a cup of water and mystery powder, actually it's even easier.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back