Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Kundalini/Hatha yoga

darkmonkey666

If i wanted to could I just do some of the different asnas (poses) in kundalini yoga that would be similar to the type in hatha or can I mix in the two in one session.

It seems to be suggested to do two sessions one hatha one kundalini but I do the kundalini one and not Hatha. I was wondering if I could add some kundalini poses to substitute.

Thank You it almost seems like it was the same basis except kundalini is more powerful that is why i asked. I may start this anyways before this question is answered but I want to know if this is the best way. Ill do it the way suggested if not.

darkmonkey666 said:
If i wanted to could I just do some of the different asnas (poses) in kundalini yoga that would be similar to the type in hatha or can I mix in the two in one session.

It seems to be suggested to do two sessions one hatha one kundalini but I do the kundalini one and not Hatha. I was wondering if I could add some kundalini poses to substitute.

Thank You it almost seems like it was the same basis except kundalini is more powerful that is why i asked. I may start this anyways before this question is answered but I want to know if this is the best way. Ill do it the way suggested if not.
I am fairly certain that it would be bad to mix the two together.
Personally I just do Kundalini Yoga in the morning, and Hatha Yoga before bed.
Both of them have different purposes, and both of them are very important to do every day.
Hatha Yoga makes your body more flexible overall and - over time - will ensure that your energy can flow freely through your body without getting stuck anywhere.
Kundalini Yoga works extensively on the different areas of your spine to increase its flexibility. It also opens potentially blocked pathways and is the key to ensure safe ascension of your kundalini serpent.

I would strongly recommend that you find some kind of way to do both of them separately every day, instead of mixing or omitting anything.
Also, make sure you always lie down still on your back for at least 5 minutes afterwards. Preferrably even 15 minutes.

HP Mageson666 said:
Hatha Yoga is Kundalini Yoga, properly(...) (...)It seems Kundalini Yoga is just the more together form of Hatha. It puts the prana practices back into it.

https://www.ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18489

Savitar said:
HP Mageson666 said:
Hatha Yoga is Kundalini Yoga, properly(...) (...)It seems Kundalini Yoga is just the more together form of Hatha. It puts the prana practices back into it.

I dont Quite understand HP Mageson666 in this. That response is what made me ask this question. So if its all kundalini yoga then why not mix the two or add more Kundalini poses if Kundalini is the better of the two instead of Hatha

Ill have to start Hatha today or tommorow a couple hours after I do kundalini if thats better.
Thanks for the response maybe Mageson can explain what he means.

Just follow the advice already given. It will help you out. If your doing the something like the Wheel Posture use the mula and breath of fire with this. The handstand, the same. Also the "Thhh" mantra for the head with such. The shoulder stand also has pranayama with it and such. If you study classic kundalini yoga, they use the hatha postures with banda's, pranayama's and chakra mantra's. The mula with the postures also is supposed to ensure the energy is going into the center channel, upwards to the crown.

I will start the Hatha session tommorow since the moon is void till late. I will do the Kundalini earlier in the morning or afternoon since it causes me to stay up longer if i do it at night i noticed. Hatha i dont know I didnt do it cause i thought Kundalini was more powerful and if I did it that would be a faster way to advance but dumb I didnt realize they had two different purposes. I think I will add hatha. Tommorows a good day to start since i will be alone completely for two days as well as do more other meditations. Ill see how hatha effects me and see if I want to do it earlier in the day or not.

Thank you for your resposes.

darkmonkey666 said:
Savitar said:
HP Mageson666 said:

I dont Quite understand HP Mageson666 in this. That response is what made me ask this question. So if its all kundalini yoga then why not mix the two or add more Kundalini poses if Kundalini is the better of the two instead of Hatha

Ill have to start Hatha today or tommorow a couple hours after I do kundalini if thats better.

The point is to apply the whole 8 Folded Path in the right way. If you think about it, It’s impossible to only apply one of the limbs. AWhen you meditate (Dhyana) you’re assuming a Sitting Posture (Asana) such as Lotus, Easy or Siddha posture. You’re regulating your breathing (pranayama) and your hands are forming a seal (mudra) You visualise (Yantra) and vibrate word of power (Mantra) while applying a body lock (Bandha).

What is known as Kundalini Yoga (the 3HO style) Is regular Hatha Yoga, but the techinques revealed by Yogi Bhajan were kept secret. A regular set of Asanas could be called a Kriya just like anything you find on Pinklotus.

So feel free to “combine” these things. You can use the spinal movements of the Basic Spinal series as an energizing warm up before the static postures for example, or apply Sat Kriya at the end of your Asana series.

Savitar said:
darkmonkey666 said:
Savitar said:

The point is to apply the whole 8 Folded Path in the right way. If you think about it, It’s impossible to only apply one of the limbs. AWhen you meditate (Dhyana) you’re assuming a Sitting Posture (Asana) such as Lotus, Easy or Siddha posture. You’re regulating your breathing (pranayama) and your hands are forming a seal (mudra) You visualise (Yantra) and vibrate word of power (Mantra) while applying a body lock (Bandha).

What is known as Kundalini Yoga (the 3HO style) Is regular Hatha Yoga, but the techinques revealed by Yogi Bhajan were kept secret. A regular set of Asanas could be called a Kriya just like anything you find on Pinklotus.

So feel free to “combine” these things. You can use the spinal movements of the Basic Spinal series as an energizing warm up before the static postures for example, or apply Sat Kriya at the end of your Asana series.

Cool this answers my question thanks a lot. I am going to create my own hatha routine I think with beginner asnas cause some of those dont look easy at all in the pdf but I will follow Maxines directions on what should be included and the order in which it should go.

Hail Satan

The Halasana pose.

Halasana-04-800.jpg

Personally this is the only asana that makes me tingle in pleasure afterwards. Legs, lower back and a little bit of the mid zone of the back feel so good, it's electrifying.

Yet the other asanas barely make me feel something similar, just wanted to say if you can do it, do it. It's like a on off switch for me, so much energy after doing it it's insane.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back