Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Study method

Aquarius

I am wondering if there is a more effective method for studying that isn’t just reading and repeating and recalling the info in your mind.
I have noticed how the most impactful things are more easily remembered than boring facts. Also, when some things turn on your immagination that’s also when you will remember it more.

Aquarius said:
I am wondering if there is a more effective method for studying that isn’t just reading and repeating and recalling the info in your mind.
I have noticed how the most impactful things are more easily remembered than boring facts. Also, when some things turn on your immagination that’s also when you will remember it more.
This is most certainly not my area of expertise, but generally it can help if you think deeply into the information. It's a little difficult to explain. Like you focus intensely on it and try to see the fabric behind it. Say for example you're in a history class and have to study for a test on some historical events or people. You look at the information, and try to see it play out vividly in your mind. If it's some ancient battle, you see it play out in hour head. Who initiated it? What was their reasoning? Who won? What tactics were employed? All sorts of things like this. Really focus on it, and try to associate the time and date of when it happened, with the battle. So that when you get a question about this event later, all you will have to remember is one single strip of memory pertaining to the event, and you will naturally have access to all the data you have previously studied. This works not only because it makes all that "boring" material much more interesting, but mainly because it creates several neural connections and pathways in your brain that make it much easier for you to access this information again later.

Yes, things wich triggers your brain in a WTF manner will create a more consistent "brain trace".
One way to achieve this is to create a weird and bizzarre narrative wich connects the main information around a subject in an original story.
Weird stuffs will create major connections, even more if the infos you're trying to recall are linked to other data patterns you already know very well, because this will make more synapses sprout and fire to connect the datas.

Graphics and spidergrams are also useful, but more as a mean to retain the major points of a subject in my opinion.

If you can visualize or get into trance, you can try and build a memory palace. Visualize and focus upon a very common and familiar place that you can easily remember and know very well in detail such as your bedroom, and visually put the infos in very specific spots (On the desk, under the pillow, in the closet..), in the forms of messages, suggestive items or scenes. The familiar place will enhance the connections and the Brainwaves of trance specially Alpha will improve the process as well.

Recalling the infos periodically keeps the synapses safe, dead paths (unused ones) will likely be cut or redirected due to Neuroplasticity. Doing that before sleep also works, because during nighttime the brain will re-arrange new datas to integrate them.

Linking the info to more sensorial ways is also a good way to improve memory, but this can be time consuming and really depends on your time and skill with it.

By the way I'm sure there are Runes you can use as well :D

Buono Studio! :D

Thank you, Shael.
You gave me a really effective and excellent method for studying.

Shael said:
Aquarius said:
This is most certainly not my area of expertise, but generally it can help if you think deeply into the information. It's a little difficult to explain. Like you focus intensely on it and try to see the fabric behind it. Say for example you're in a history class and have to study for a test on some historical events or people. You look at the information, and try to see it play out vividly in your mind. If it's some ancient battle, you see it play out in hour head. Who initiated it? What was their reasoning? Who won? What tactics were employed? All sorts of things like this. Really focus on it, and try to associate the time and date of when it happened, with the battle. So that when you get a question about this event later, all you will have to remember is one single strip of memory pertaining to the event, and you will naturally have access to all the data you have previously studied. This works not only because it makes all that "boring" material much more interesting, but mainly because it creates several neural connections and pathways in your brain that make it much easier for you to access this information again later.

Shael said:
Aquarius said:
That looks efficient, thanks:)

I've found, especially with regards to STEM subjects, it's best to completely understand how things work.

Sometimes it's more beneficial to look up videos on "the basics of [subject/more detailed aspect of that subject]" than to try and tackle on pages and pages of information head on (introduce youself to a new topic/chapter with an informative video you can find, like a uni lecture it makes going over the work so much easier), this is how I really absorb information and it's also good to alternate - whichever you feel like, as long as you don't rush yourself and be very patient with yourself or else you'll hit a mental block.

I'm also a bit slow, but we have to start somewhere. :oops:

HailSatanForever said:
I've found, especially with regards to STEM subjects, it's best to completely understand how things work.

Sometimes it's more beneficial to look up videos on "the basics of [subject/more detailed aspect of that subject]" than to try and tackle on pages and pages of information head on (introduce youself to a new topic/chapter with an informative video you can find, like a uni lecture it makes going over the work so much easier), this is how I really absorb information and it's also good to alternate - whichever you feel like, as long as you don't rush yourself and be very patient with yourself or else you'll hit a mental block.

Very well said.
This also ties into the method I had provided. Looking at the underlying fabric behind a piece of information and tying all of it together, to achieve a complete and full level of understanding.
This is the way knowledge is supposed to be absorbed, as opposed to mindlessly repeating some phrases or dates over and over so you can remember them. The Jews don't want students to be smart, they want them to be mindless borgs that spew out pre-programmed sentences mindlessly. That's how modern-day (((educational systems))) are built.

HailSatanForever said:

Same, if I don’t understand anything the teacher explains usually watching a video will make me understand what the guy tried to teach in 1 hour in 10 minutes or less.

Aquarius said:

Besides the idears that Shael and PsychicJuggler did mention, people can study by
1. reading
2. hearing (saying it to your self while reading)
3. writing
4. self-explanatory
5. own doing (projekts about the subjekt)

one good way to learn something is to read it load to your self and write it down. then you use 3 different parts of the brain to remember the same thing. (seeing, hearing, writing)

I usually do the following to enhance studying:
1. Write a summary of the main points with short statements and the most important definitions.
2. Form questions about the subject (at least 5) and try to give/write an anwser with my own words.
3. Create an ideamap organized around the main points of the subject. There are very cool and easy to use softwares and websites for this.
4. Create a table of summery, and/or visual representations, charts and graphs etc. if possible.
5. Apply/try it out in some way.
6. Talk about it with others (unless its a forbidden subject that can get you into trouble, use the boards in that case)
7. Contamplate (meditate) on what I read in a light trance state.

Are you more of a right or left brained individual? Do you usually start with reading the tabale of content of book, the summary and the back, or start reading it in the “proper” order?

Invoking the energies of Mannaz (maybe Kenaz too but I never used this rune) before studying can help as Mannaz is the rune of intellect and memory: the left side of the brain.

Savitar said:
I usually do the following to enhance studying:
1. Write a summary of the main points with short statements and the most important definitions.
2. Form questions about the subject (at least 5) and try to give/write an anwser with my own words.
3. Create an ideamap organized around the main points of the subject. There are very cool and easy to use softwares and websites for this.
4. Create a table of summery, and/or visual representations, charts and graphs etc. if possible.
5. Apply/try it out in some way.
6. Talk about it with others (unless its a forbidden subject that can get you into trouble, use the boards in that case)
7. Contamplate (meditate) on what I read in a light trance state.

Are you more of a right or left brained individual? Do you usually start with reading the tabale of content of book, the summary and the back, or start reading it in the “proper” order?
I'd say right brained:)

Fuchs said:
Aquarius said:

Besides the idears that Shael and PsychicJuggler did mention, people can study by
1. reading
2. hearing (saying it to your self while reading)
3. writing
4. self-explanatory
5. own doing (projekts about the subjekt)

one good way to learn something is to read it load to your self and write it down. then you use 3 different parts of the brain to remember the same thing. (seeing, hearing, writing)
Thanks for the ideas:)

Aquarius said:

When you actually apply the knowledge to things in your life whether you make up the scenario or create something involving it, this trains your brain into believing it is knowledge of importance because you are having to use the knowledge frequently enough, thus your brain will actually make the effort to have the knowledge easily memorable so that you can access it quicker and better to apply it.

If it's math make up a random equation to answer or practice it on something in your day to day life, if it's information write up some stories involving it or even draw a picture that you can integrate it into. The important thing is applying it to something of some form of use in order to teach your brain that the knowledge is important to know because you are having to use it for something. This same method of applying is used for people that want to remember their dreams. The whole point of dream journals is to write down what one can remember from a dream. This act of applying memory of the dream to something teaches your brain in the same way that it's important to remember your dreams, thus it will make dreams more easy to remember, and this improves continuously over time.

If the brain thinks something is useful, it will remember it far better.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back