Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Alcohol free beers and non-alcoholic malt beverages ????

shubhamrane666

What do you guys think of alcohol free beers and such non-alcoholic malt beverages which seem to be famous in Africa? I do admit non alcoholic beers do have trace of alcohol which makes it less than 0.5% for most and some actually are even 0% alcohol. They remove alcohol by distillation. Considering how most colas are toxic as they have phosphoric acid, corn syrup(if you are American) and aspartame(If you drink diet ones). I was thinking such beers or malt beverages as a safer and more natural alternative. With alcohol removed from beer the silicon and malt as whole beneficial stuff from fermentation would be better to be absorbed by body. Am I wrong anywhere in thinking?

I don't know a lot about this but I might be wrong. My uncle thinks that non-alcoholic beer is actually worse than the normal one. He says that you can never know what they actually add inside it, and he might be true. If anything, I'd just avoid any type of alcohol that's not safe.

There are a lot of things that can affect us nowadays. But the worse are drinks like Cola or Pepsi and cheap alcohol. You never know that you really drink or eat nowadays. I've cut my beverages to water, some cappuccino and tea - with very few exceptions occasionally.

I do think you should avoid the non-alcoholic beer, just to be on the safe side. I don't know how much better it is than normal beer.

anonymous666 said:
What do you guys think of alcohol free beers and such non-alcoholic malt beverages which seem to be famous in Africa? I do admit non alcoholic beers do have trace of alcohol which makes it less than 0.5% for most and some actually are even 0% alcohol. They remove alcohol by distillation. Considering how most colas are toxic as they have phosphoric acid, corn syrup(if you are American) and aspartame(If you drink diet ones). I was thinking such beers or malt beverages as a safer and more natural alternative. With alcohol removed from beer the silicon and malt as whole beneficial stuff from fermentation would be better to be absorbed by body. Am I wrong anywhere in thinking?

why not drink water? on some you can see how much fluorit is in there :geek: < = 0,05 mg would be good.

Since I don't like any type of beer I suggest that both are not good. I would say, if you want to drink something tasty, just buy a blender and make some natural fruit juice. I think is better than any other drink you can buy from the shops.

Beer is alcoholic; an alcohol-free alcoholic drink doesn't make sense. This is the same as "vegan sausages", etc. Sausages, burgers, etc. are made from/with meat, so you can't have a non-sausage sausage. I suspect that wasn't your point or meaning, though. If they change the recipe of Coke to not include cocaine anymore, then it isn't Coke! (They still sell it as that, though.)

There is no alcohol free beer. There is only low alcohol beer.

The most common method to remove alcohol from beer is heating. It is well known that alcohol has much lower boiling point than water, therefore you can heat up beer to the boiling point of ethanol, and you have almost alcohol free beer. The problem is: heating the beer will change the aroma. That is why some breweries implement vacuum distilling, boiling point of alcohol is even less in vacuum, therefore you have to heat up the bear even less, thus the original aroma would be less affected.

Other method is reverse osmosis. Beer is passed through the filters which let only alcohol and water pass through, while everything that is not water and alcohol is stored away. Then, the mixture of the alcohol and water is distilled, after distillation you are left with mostly alcohol free water, which you then return to the mix that didn't pass the filter.

So, the conclusion is: there is nothing toxic in low alcohol beer (it is actually less toxic than normal beer, as alcohol is a toxin and carcinogen). It is the same beer minus alcohol. You do not need any special chemicals to remove alcohol from beer.

Larissa666 said:
There is no alcohol free beer. There is only low alcohol beer.

The most common method to remove alcohol from beer is heating. It is well known that alcohol has much lower boiling point than water, therefore you can heat up beer to the boiling point of ethanol, and you have almost alcohol free beer. The problem is: heating the beer will change the aroma. That is why some breweries implement vacuum distilling, boiling point of alcohol is even less in vacuum, therefore you have to heat up the bear even less, thus the original aroma would be less affected.

Other method is reverse osmosis. Beer is passed through the filters which let only alcohol and water pass through, while everything that is not water and alcohol is stored away. Then, the mixture of the alcohol and water is distilled, after distillation you are left with mostly alcohol free water, which you then return to the mix that didn't pass the filter.

So, the conclusion is: there is nothing toxic in low alcohol beer (it is actually less toxic than normal beer, as alcohol is a toxin and carcinogen). It is the same beer minus alcohol. You do not need any special chemicals to remove alcohol from beer.
Yes I admit alcohol free beers still have 0.5% or less alcohol left in them.

In general i did conclude that i will be buying only those beers which have alcohol removed by distillation or vacuum or a ro filter of sorts.

FancyMancy said:
Beer is alcoholic; an alcohol-free alcoholic drink doesn't make sense. This is the same as "vegan sausages", etc. Sausages, burgers, etc. are made from/with meat, so you can't have a non-sausage sausage. I suspect that wasn't your point or meaning, though. If they change the recipe of Coke to not include cocaine anymore, then it isn't Coke! (They still sell it as that, though.)
There are really low alcohol beers having less than 0.5% alcohol sold as alcohol free beers.

The Alchemist7 said:
Since I don't like any type of beer I suggest that both are not good. I would say, if you want to drink something tasty, just buy a blender and make some natural fruit juice. I think is better than any other drink you can buy from the shops.
There are some times when I am in mood of something like cola. While i stopped colas in general because they have phosphoric acid, I substituted them with beer and now with non-alcoholic beers as the phosphoric acid free soda and beer costs me same and beer atleast has malt in it from nutrition point of view.

BlueLight said:
I don't know a lot about this but I might be wrong. My uncle thinks that non-alcoholic beer is actually worse than the normal one. He says that you can never know what they actually add inside it, and he might be true. If anything, I'd just avoid any type of alcohol that's not safe.

There are a lot of things that can affect us nowadays. But the worse are drinks like Cola or Pepsi and cheap alcohol. You never know that you really drink or eat nowadays. I've cut my beverages to water, some cappuccino and tea - with very few exceptions occasionally.

I do think you should avoid the non-alcoholic beer, just to be on the safe side. I don't know how much better it is than normal beer.

Tea has flourine in it naturally. A lot of it. Increase selenium intake as well. As recommended by other members here I will be from now on having only the alcohol free beers which use distillation or vaccum evaporation to remove alcohol from beer.

anonymous666 said:
FancyMancy said:
There are really low alcohol beers having less than 0.5% alcohol sold as alcohol free beers.
Coincidentally, there is an advert on TV which mentions that tiny, little asterisk when advertising things, which means that they actually are not advertising what they are advertising! Anyway, I thought false-advertising was illegal, but they always do it and always get away with it. Even mouthwash has a percetage of alcohol in it. Try drinking some of that - you'll get fluoride, as well as carcinogenic alcohol, as well.

There is a drink which is just fruit juices and is supposed to contanin 0% alcohol, which you can drink when out in a pub or club to 'fit in'. It's an illusion - as all advertising and wasting money on things is. You could just eat fruit and vegetables and crops for foods, which are Natural products and a lot more healthy than alcoholic drinks. Crushing fruits in a food processor and drinking the juices and pulp produces different sugars than which sugars are consumed from eating the fruits directly. If I'm not mistaken, these new sugars are less healthy - fruit is healthy and tends to not be carcinogenic.

Alcohol-free beer isn't really alcohol-free. The alcohol content is just really low, like a normal beer would be around 5% alcohol, a beer like O'Douls or something would be around 0.5%

Brdredr said:
Alcohol-free beer isn't really alcohol-free. The alcohol content is just really low, like a normal beer would be around 5% alcohol, a beer like O'Douls or something would be around 0.5%
Normal soda has much more alcohol in it than half a %, just they don't have to tell anyone about it because they call it a "flavor carrier". So this 0.25 proof beer is still much better than soda is in every possible way. Of course water is the best thing and there's no reason to have any alcohol, but realistically it's not like having one of these "fake beers" every once in a while is going to do anything. Just don't drink one too often. Just like any other bad food that people shouldn't have too much of.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back