MAGA hat student sues Washington Post for $250m over coverage of confrontation with Native American man

For those who wish to establish a relationship with Satan.

Topics of discussion include: Demons, Magick, Satanic Witchcraft and much more!

http://www.joyofsatan.com / http://www.joyofsatan.org
FancyMancy
Posts: 3629

MAGA hat student sues Washington Post for $250m over coverage of confrontation with Native American man

Postby FancyMancy » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:07 pm

Image
MAGA hat student sues Washington Post for $250m over coverage of confrontation with Native American man

A student involved in a viral confrontation with a Native American man is suing the Washington Post for $250m (£191m) over its coverage of the incident.

The defamation lawsuit, filed by Covington Catholic High School pupil Nick Sandmann, claims the newspaper “wrongfully targeted and bullied” him due to its “biased agenda” against Donald Trump.

The 16-year-old was wearing one of the president’s signature “Make America Great Again” hats when he attended an anti-abortion rally in Washington in January along with classmates from his Kentucky school.

The group of teenagers had become involved in a filmed confrontation with Nathan Phillips, an elderly Native American Activist.

A viral photo from the incident showing Mr Sandmann standing face-to-face with Mr Phillips and smirking as the protester sings and plays his drum, sparked outrage on social media.

Mr Phillips would later state in interviews he felt the students had been mocking him during the stand-off.

However, a longer video of the incident emerged showing the teenagers had also been subject to racist abuse from another group of protesters identifying as Black Hebrew Israelites.

In the lawsuit filed in the US District Court in Kentucky, lawyers claimed The Post had orchestrated a “campaign” to target Mr Sandmann “in furtherance of its political agenda”, because he was “white and Catholic”.

The teenager’s Atlanta-based lawyer, Lin Wood, added in a statement that additional similar lawsuits would be filed in the weeks ahead.

Washington Post spokeswoman, Kristine Coratti Kelly, said: “We are reviewing a copy of the lawsuit, and we plan to mount a vigorous defence.”

A private investigation firm retained by Covington Diocese in Park Hills, Kentucky, found in a report released last week no evidence the teenagers provoked a confrontation.

The investigation also determined the students did not direct any racist or offensive comments towards Mr Phillips, although several performed a “tomahawk chop” to the beat of his drum.

The activist claimed in a separate video that he heard the students chanting “build that wall,” during the encounter, a reference to Mr Trump’s pledge to build a barrier along the US border with Mexico.

The investigators said they found no evidence of such a chant and Mr Phillips did not respond to multiple attempts to contact him.

Additional reporting by Reuters

Selected comments -

Ben
In the UK you can only sue for what you have lost I know the US is different but where did he come up with this number?
- John
Sure the number has been inspired by his legal advice team.
- rosie7
$245 Million for the lawyers, $5 million for the kid, the kid stood in the path of the old guy, trying to provoke him,jumped up mid american trailer trash, whilst patrolling the street of N.I. they'd try to provoke us, i'd just keep walking through them, size 12 boots on their feet made them move,it's obstruction by the kid,I hope the lawsuit gets reversed by a good judge.
- julia
Where did he come up with that number? Trump I guess.
- Not the same Kevin
He probably didn't-Yahoo sensationalising again more like
- Shad
@rosie7 You need to get your facts right before posting drivel....
- wayne
@rosie7 There are countless videos showing the man approached the boy. Get your facts straight.
- Mugger
wayne you got to remember that libs are brain washed morons.
- Hopton
@rosie7 poor little snowflake, that world knows the ethic poeple were intimidating the boy. Goes to show how brain washed you people are.

Stefan
The picture tells a different story from that of Washington Post: the so caled activist is standing agresivilly and shouting in front of the teenager. It appears that the teenager was provoked. As of the MAGA hat, nobody sayd it was illegal. I hope the thruth wins.
- Phill
He was chanting a Native American song - not shouting in anyones face.
- Nicholas
The hat is favoured by racists, abusers, the uneducated, those who want to abuse girls and deny them birth control and the utterly idiotic patriotism/nationalism/ my postcode ghetto is better than yours and we want to bully anyone different attitude.

Decent educated folk dont wear them
- mrs bean
@Nicholas Too bad most Americans don't fall in the 'decent educated folk' group.
- R
WHAT ABOUT THE LITTLE BRAT WITH THE PHONE AND HIS HORRIBLE LITTLE PAL TOTALLY DISRESPECTING THE OLD GUY
- Dave
@Nicholas: 'the hat is favoured by racists, abusers' etc? As opposed to the hat is despised by jingoistic, pompous, ill-informed, nothington post-reading, little left wing fascists like yourself who haven't got a clue politically?
- R
@stefan- you might want to learn English especially spelling before doing anything else.
- Clive Conrad
Nicholas,you will have a much happier life if you stop watching CNN.It wouldn't supprise me if are a member of the meto movement and the LBTG,GT group.LOL.
- Clive Conrad
R,do you know it was all made up,the lad did no wrong.
- Clive Conrad
R,youv'e left your caps lock on.Or are you trying to shout.
- Carter
@R The student just stood there, the elder came right up to him banging on his drum. The newspaper is wrong.
- Carter
@Nicholas your hateful prejudice is showing.

Michael
Money grabbing American society - he did nothing wrong but is this really necessary or did some lawyer spot the chance of a quick buck.
- Mike
And that, sir, is why the American Dream is really a nightmare. Logic and sense is sacrificed at the altar of lawyer greed and skewed sensibilities. Poor Americans - probably coming to a town near us in the UK.
- Templar 29March2019
Because it teaches them a lesson, this way it might make them think to slander other innocent people, esp if the payout is a big one. Some UK media should be sued for the same reason.
- wayne
He received death threats because of the media and had to have 24 hour security. He was going to be kicked out of school and probably lose and chance at a real job. He was lucky their was video evidence to prove otherwise. Imagine I framed you for murder and then you were in the press everywhere and received death threats, only for everyone to find out I was lying later on, would you say because I later admitted I was wrong thats' it over and done with?
- Hopton
Are you asleep. have you not seen what they do to peoples reputations if you are not funny groveling and bowing down at the alter of pcism.

He there not been other footage his life would have been ruined and he would have been attacked.
- Mugger
he should take them to the cleaners. Hopefully get a couple of the publications shut down.

Will
Interesting to see what the going rate is on a newspaper inciting life ruining hatred on an innocent individual.
- Nicholas
not innocent if at an anti abortion ruin girls lives and spread child abuse rally wearing a pro racisim and abusing and destroying girls lives and spreadign poverty hat
- Will
@Nicholas - you'd need to wear a top hat if you wanted that written on it.

It does seem irresponsible what this paper did
- Bombshell
'life ruining hatred' against a pro-Trump supporter. You're either mad or stupid.
- homer555552
@Bombshell a child was threatened to be murdered FACT after this false report and HATRED and BILDGE poured on him
- Ian
Life ruining? Nobody will remember him in six months

JEFF
And that is everything that is wrong with the world today - $250m seriously?
The only people that will benefit from this are the lawyers on both sides.
- ME
And the people who will get stung by it deserve to lose every penny of it
- Lewis
The lawyer for this kid gave his service although I think he will get a cut is doing this for free

Ambrose Alan
Fake news said the boy was confronting the guy with drum. They did not show the full video. The guy approached the boy. Typical CNN fake news
- R
THE MAN MAY HAVE APPROACHED THE BOY BUT HIM AND HIS PALLS ARE IGNORANT BEYOND BELIEF---NO MANNERS OR RESPECT --THATS TRUMPS AMERICA
- kevr
anyone who uses the term Fake News is clearly Fake and brainwashed and should be taken as seriously as the dog turd you find on the soles of a manky old shoe.
- richard
@R why are they ignorant and what exactly do you think they did wrong? Describe how they should have reacted in this situation,they were minding their own business when the fake Vietnam veteran started shouting and banging a drum in their face.
- Bombshell
CNN fake news ... ha ha ha ha ha... (absolutely nothing to do with CNN but I guess Trump supporters don't actually read)
- james
They have no respect, go look at the video of the treatment they showed to the young lady who did not want to give them her number, same group of trumpet kids!
- David Lee
Bombshell the CNN is also one of the main instigators live news ha ha ha ha maybe you should check all news numpty
- Carlo A
R, so they were ignorant beyond belief because they didn't react? Seriously? You need to get out more and stop believing all the far left news outlets.
- BRUMKID
We are hoping they sue CNN for a lot more and hope with the luck it makes them start telling the truth if
its possible.
- BRUMKID
@R Do you have to have manners to be a moron who is in your face, sorry i dont think so and if
you support this fake veteren then you deserve the same thrown at you with a big law suit to match.

Rob
That boy has a face you just want to introduce to a cricket bat.
...
- roger
To be fair he has got one of those faces
- tim
He is clearly an entitled little qvvnt, the world is full of them sadly
- capitecensi
Yes. A kind face - the kind one would like to whack with a cricket bat.
- kpok
again and again and again
- I'M A VVANKER
True, he wants his face smashing in.
...
- Pharaoh Piankhi
Agreed, he looks like a little silver spoon entitled muppet
- Brian
And what would the expression be on your face if somebody eyeballed you waving a stick inches from your face beating a drum and singing?
- Bombshell
Ain't that a truism? Then he is Catholic and a Trump supporter so it figures
- Jan
Love it , he sure has got the sort of face you would love to slap , he knew what he was doing as did the chanting idiots behind him
...
- Taz
why? the kid did nothing worng. it was the fake vietnam vet that caused all the trouble and the leftist media sold it to the leftist idiots.
- Mugger
Liberals tend to be 9 stone soyboys. The kid in question could probalby kick the zhit out of Rob and James, and leave them to drown in a puddle of their own urine.
- BRUMKID
@Jan Whould love to see your face and i bet yours is one that you would love to slap.
- BRUMKID
#Rob Your name has the same effect so FU SOY boy, i bet you would have gone crying to mommie if it was you.

flatfoodandproud
This report was more democratic left wing hatred nonsense.They tried to destroy the appointment of Kavanaugh to the Senate, the creation of metoo anti male hatred, the destruction of the border wall to allow drugs ,murderers violence etc to openly cross into the USA,the left wing indoctrination within universities and the student unions. This attack on innocent students wearing MAGA hats .The behaviour of people in the FBI and government departments to try and force Trump out of office; it just goes on and on and its all anti Trump. There is rot within the democratic party ,the media who appear to be prepared to do anything to get their way.What has happened to democracy in the USA? .Let's hope that as the left wing media gets sued it'll make them start to report facts rather than left wing garbage.

Carter
I watched the whole video and it sure looks like the Washington Post in in the wrong. The student did not say a word, but the elder came right up to him banging on his drum in the students face.

James
Good luck to him. Hopefully he wins and the size of the payout is a deterance to other media firms not to twist future story's to suit their agendas

Jeff
Media and their selective editing to their own agenda. Hope he wins.

LargeFarva
If you watch the whole video, including where he and his friends are racially abused prior to this, you can see he has a case.

And no, i do not support trump in any way whatsoever.

Andy M
Haha! Fake news getting rumbled. Not sure about the $250m though when a couple of mil would've sufficed.
- Paul G
They could quite easily afford 2 million so it wouldn't be a 'punishment'
- Andy M
@Paul G I doubt even a $250 million fine will discourage the fake news juggernaut. We'll see.
- BRUMKID
@Paul G Sorry but were did you get the 2 million from ?????? are you on the same blog.

alan
It's quite obvious that these boys are totally innocent of any wrong doing. We should not be influenced by their demeanor or their Trump hats.

thomas
I hope he's win. This is why media outlets like buzzfeed are sacking people because they know they had f--ked up and now they may end up paying for it hahahah.

pete
Good luck to him i hope he wins, breaking the lying liberal media is great news.

robert h
While the amount seems excessive, it is a good legal strategy. Ask for $250 million, then after all the behind the scene legal stuff you settle for 10%.

The 13th Earl of Wimbim
Great stuff, might stop the newspapers from making stuff up. We're all sick of false, shyte news
- Nicholas
so ban right wing tabloids
- darren
@Nicholas ...that's stupid! Who judges what's right wing? What if the right wing moves to the middle?

Golfinstar
If paying a $250m fine makes such a powerful newspaper think twice before smearing someone's name, then I say that fine is going a long way to protecting us all from so-called journalists. You live by the sword........

ede
I hope he wins and gets some of that money! Gotta stop spreading bs

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/maga-hat-stud ... 34332.html

For those who do not know, America is a White country, so these "native Americans" are actually not native Americans.
Your special, uncomfortable, sensitive topics -
ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1789

JoSM Links

Offend/upset - Emos/Emotional People/Water Signs/Cowards/Wimps/etc.
What's Harry Potter about?
Enemy respect?
jew legacy

User avatar
Nick Vabzircnila
Posts: 224
Contact:

Re: MAGA hat student sues Washington Post for $250m over coverage of confrontation with Native American man

Postby Nick Vabzircnila » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:49 pm

I hope the Sandmann doesn't win. In the future, the name Nick should be banned for Jews. Also the size of these compensation claims are insane.

Aquarius
Posts: 4294

Re: MAGA hat student sues Washington Post for $250m over coverage of confrontation with Native American man

Postby Aquarius » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:44 pm

Nick Vabzircnila wrote:In the future, the name Nick should be banned for Jews.
hahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahhahaahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahah I love you dude :lol: :lol: :lol:
HAIL TO OUR TRUE INEFFABLE GOD SATAN

User avatar
Powstanie Pogańskie
Posts: 284

Re: MAGA hat student sues Washington Post for $250m over coverage of confrontation with Native American man

Postby Powstanie Pogańskie » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:14 am

Nick Vabzircnila wrote:I hope the Sandmann doesn't win. In the future, the name Nick should be banned for Jews. Also the size of these compensation claims are insane.


I would normally be happy with the Washington Post getting shit on by a quarter of a billion lawsuit, but am rather put off by it for a (((specific reason))) you mentioned.
Ognista Kasia i jej węże
poszły w gorę wieżę.
Wdychały światło, wydychały mądrości,
i wiedziały, że Weles jest z nimi.


Wojownicy Welesa, rozpostrzyjcie wasze skrzydła i śpiewajcie o waszych siłach! To jest nasz czas!

User avatar
Godmode
Posts: 376
Location: THE M.A.I.N.F.R.A.M.E.
Contact:

Re: MAGA hat student sues Washington Post for $250m over coverage of confrontation with Native American man

Postby Godmode » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:32 am

Honestly hope he wins, I mean fuck him anyway just because, but also this situation was so unbelievably retarded, literally the dumbest thing to ever happen and instantly made a slew of people look profoundly ignorant for the whole world to see. Let's keep it rollin'
HAIL AMDUSIAS
HAIL HAURES
HAIL SATAN

FancyMancy
Posts: 3629

Re: MAGA hat student sues Washington Post for $250m over coverage of confrontation with Native American man

Postby FancyMancy » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:39 pm

Girl banned from wearing MAGA hat claims school is violating her First Amendment rights

“To my knowledge Trump is not a logo; it's a last name. It's just our president. You can't claim the president is a logo, sports team or affiliated with any gang,” she told KGPE. “How does being a patriot in trying to show pride in your country – how is that inappropriate?”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/g ... ar-BBTYLZB
Your special, uncomfortable, sensitive topics -
ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1789

JoSM Links

Offend/upset - Emos/Emotional People/Water Signs/Cowards/Wimps/etc.
What's Harry Potter about?
Enemy respect?
jew legacy

HP Mageson666
Posts: 2431

Re: MAGA hat student sues Washington Post for $250m over coverage of confrontation with Native American man

Postby HP Mageson666 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:50 pm

From what I understand the Washington Post is owned by the billionaire Jew Bezos who banned "holocaust denial" and other important works from Amazon. So hopefully this kid will win and take the shekels. Maybe it will force Wapo to close just like Hogan ended the regime of Gwaker.

The Alchemist7
Posts: 835

Re: MAGA hat student sues Washington Post for $250m over coverage of confrontation with Native American man

Postby The Alchemist7 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:38 pm

Jews are sueing each other? I mean that guy has a jewish name.

Lord Maverick
Posts: 8

Re: MAGA hat student sues Washington Post for $250m over coverage of confrontation with Native American man

Postby Lord Maverick » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:05 am

It's great to see the white community fighting back against the fake news that is trying to sell the nation the lie of all white people are racist and less of a human than everyone else and constantly trying to make them feel ashamed of themselves with "white guilt". We are all in this together, I hope he wins. I heard he has a amazing lawyer on his side.

BlueLight
Posts: 200

Re: MAGA hat student sues Washington Post for $250m over coverage of confrontation with Native American man

Postby BlueLight » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:58 pm

The Alchemist7 wrote:Jews are sueing each other? I mean that guy has a jewish name.


Somehow I wouldn't find that surprising. They're jews, after all.

Ol argedco luciftias
Posts: 3188
Location: Duat, Orion

Re: MAGA hat student sues Washington Post for $250m over coverage of confrontation with Native American man

Postby Ol argedco luciftias » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:08 am

BlueLight wrote:
The Alchemist7 wrote:Jews are sueing each other? I mean that guy has a jewish name.


Somehow I wouldn't find that surprising. They're jews, after all.

Jews have been suing each other since the very first one ever saw another one had something he wanted. 10 thousand years ago... "You picked up that rock! I was going to pick that up now give it to me!" Always plotting and planning through life like a robber studies a bank. Like they are personally against every other person in the entire world, and all they can do is trick and scheme and steal their way through life manipulating and abusing everyone around them for the smallest reasons.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Length, MSN [Bot] and 33 guests