Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

What are ya'll opinions on hard work?

belthazorthemighty

As the title says. Just curios what yall think bout people like david goggins and other motivational types who preach bout hard work and will power and giving everything 200%? A lot of these types say that if you're not successful its because you're not working hard enough.

I think a lot of things considered to be hard are mental. Like the mind makes it hard.

Can I just work easy? Things take time to happen might as well enjoy the ride, no?
lol

I'd rather slothz it up tbh.

Discuss

There are situations when only hard work will bring you far.

Let's take spiritual advancement as an example. Would you rather slothz it up or actually put some effort into it so you can become better?

There should always be a balance. Of course, hard work is needed. But you should also know when you reached your limit and how to work smart as well. And when to rest or have fun as well. That's the most important thing.

If you are asking this to fine a way to avoid working hard, then you have the wrong mentality.

Work hard is necessary to get far in life, as well as dedication and mental power. Motivation is an amazing thing, but self-discipline is also needed.

That being said, just try your best. If you need to work hard, do it. If you can work smart instead and get the same result with a smaller amount effort, do it. That's perfect.

But don't avoid effort and hard work because you're lazy.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back