Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Quick Spell Question

Zephyrus

Hi! I've asked some Witchcraft questions in the past, but I'm still slowly learning how all the rules and systems of magick function. Today, I had a quick query to make sure nothing I did was wrong.

Basically, earlier in the day, I realized this was a prime date for doing a working to remove issues from my life. By now I'm at least smart enough to pick the right rune, schedule, amount of workings and such. After doing the spell once, I realized several hours later in the day that, although my affirmation was quite good, it could use some further tightening.

So what I did was, after adjusting the affirmation by word or two, I started the spell over again with the new affirmation, of course doing the same amount of vibrations too. The moon has not gone void and all the celestial elements that made this a good day have not changed at all. Ultimately the intention of the spell is the same, it just has an added word or two to make sure the energy remains efficient and permanent.

In short, I'm just making sure it was fine to basically start a spell over on the exact same day under the exact same conditions and this wouldn't nullify the working or something.

So you changed the affirmation and you did the spell again after some hours but with different affirmation? I think it's fine, It would have not be good if you did the spell with the same rune/mantra after you have done the first one.

This is fine. Basically the only time you have to do it an exact specific number each day is with the planet squares. Rune works can be repeated. :D

Zephyrus said:
Hi! I've asked some Witchcraft questions in the past, but I'm still slowly learning how all the rules and systems of magick function. Today, I had a quick query to make sure nothing I did was wrong.

Basically, earlier in the day, I realized this was a prime date for doing a working to remove issues from my life. By now I'm at least smart enough to pick the right rune, schedule, amount of workings and such. After doing the spell once, I realized several hours later in the day that, although my affirmation was quite good, it could use some further tightening.

So what I did was, after adjusting the affirmation by word or two, I started the spell over again with the new affirmation, of course doing the same amount of vibrations too. The moon has not gone void and all the celestial elements that made this a good day have not changed at all. Ultimately the intention of the spell is the same, it just has an added word or two to make sure the energy remains efficient and permanent.

In short, I'm just making sure it was fine to basically start a spell over on the exact same day under the exact same conditions and this wouldn't nullify the working or something.

If you started the working while the moon was in Gemini this can often make one change the nature of the working in some way. As far as I can tell you should be fine with your 'edit' and can continue through with your working without any notable consequences.

Thank you both for your fast replies!

Ghost in the Machine said:
If you started the working while the moon was in Gemini this can often make one change the nature of the working in some way. As far as I can tell you should be fine with your 'edit' and can continue through with your working without any notable consequences.

Oh, the moon was in Capricorn when I started and it was still in Capricorn when I adjusted my affirmation. There was only like, 7 hours between the first time and the second time when I had made my tweaks to the affirmation. Basically absolutely nothing had changed in those few hours. And well, the nature and purpose of the spell remained the same too. To clarify, it was a simple ending spell. The old one was "I am permanently destroying any and all negative energies, obstacles, curses, and bindings preventing me... etc". The "new" one was "I am permanently destroying any and all negative karma, negative energies, obstacles, curses, and bindings preventing me... etc". Just decided to be a bit more thorough with my language.

Ol argedco luciftias said:
This is fine. Basically the only time you have to do it an exact specific number each day is with the planet squares. Rune works can be repeated.

Handy to know! I guess what was confusing me most is wondering if a little edit like this would technically make it an entirely new spell or not, technically (even if the purpose and feeling hadn't changed in my head).

Thank you both again.

For what you are working on, you can use the Returning Curses parts 1 and 2 from the JOS meditations page. And can use the word Muñka, you can search for the topic about using Muñka for 40 days to free the soul. All these work perfect together. :D

For what you are working on, you can use the Returning Curses parts 1 and 2 from the JOS meditations page. And can use the word Muñka, you can search for the topic about using Muñka for 40 days to free the soul. All these work perfect together. :D

Oh cool, so I can use a Munka working at the same time I'm doing a runic one? Good to know.

Before any spell voo vav voo meditation then mer ka ba andbthen clean your chackras and close them after working

swordofastaroth said:
Before any spell voo vav voo meditation then mer ka ba andbthen clean your chackras and close them after working

Great idea to power up before any working, and to clean your aura and chakras after this sort of working. I think closing your chakras is a little bit overboard because if you've cleaned up there's no risk, active chakras help you keep your aura of protection strong anyway. Closing your chakras is really only necessary if you're being overwhelmed by an attack or are going into a place that has extremely dirty energy.

As a general note for spellworking, it isn't as scary as anyone thinks as a newbie. The whole point of energy is that it's potential yet to be. It'd do precisely as you've coded it too, either strengthened by or weakened by the characteristics of the celestial timing of the spell. If your affirmation is airtight and you didn't start during a void the energy isn't going to turn on you and do the opposite of what you want for no reason. Magick is a very particular science, and not a chaotic mess that'll just fuck over the practitioner because they stuttered during the affirmation.

Arcadia said:
swordofastaroth said:

Great idea to power up before any working, and to clean your aura and chakras after this sort of working. I think closing your chakras is a little bit overboard because if you've cleaned up there's no risk, active chakras help you keep your aura of protection strong anyway. Closing your chakras is really only necessary if you're being overwhelmed by an attack or are going into a place that has extremely dirty energy.

As a general note for spellworking, it isn't as scary as anyone thinks as a newbie. The whole point of energy is that it's potential yet to be. It'd do precisely as you've coded it too, either strengthened by or weakened by the characteristics of the celestial timing of the spell. If your affirmation is airtight and you didn't start during a void the energy isn't going to turn on you and do the opposite of what you want for no reason. Magick is a very particular science, and not a chaotic mess that'll just fuck over the practitioner because they stuttered during the affirmation.
I love this quote:"The whole point of energy is that it's potential yet to be" and it's very true.

To pester your generous soul for your advice one last time, I've added a munka working to this spell as well! So that's 108 runic vibrations + 9 affirmations, and then a few hours later I'll do the 108 munka + 9 affirmations. I can certainly feel the energy, and it's a stubborn little issue so, it really does need the extra kick.

My question is very basic. Since I added the munka vibration the day after (lucky for me the moon was still in capricorn), do I carry both the runic vibration and the munka vibration for 40 days separately? After 40 days of vibrating the runes I'd be on 39 days of munka. Was wondering if I should end both on the same day or do one more day of munka to make it 40 too.

Thanks for everything, again! This makes a huge difference in my life.

Zephyrus said:

To pester your generous soul for your advice one last time, I've added a munka working to this spell as well! So that's 108 runic vibrations + 9 affirmations, and then a few hours later I'll do the 108 munka + 9 affirmations. I can certainly feel the energy, and it's a stubborn little issue so, it really does need the extra kick.

My question is very basic. Since I added the munka vibration the day after (lucky for me the moon was still in capricorn), do I carry both the runic vibration and the munka vibration for 40 days separately? After 40 days of vibrating the runes I'd be on 39 days of munka. Was wondering if I should end both on the same day or do one more day of munka to make it 40 too.

Thanks for everything, again! This makes a huge difference in my life.
It's best to do something for at least 40 days, and it is fine if you do one of them for 40 days and the other for 41. You can do extra.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back