Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

how to relax the eye muscles while meditating?

ac32598

I've been having trouble keeping my eyes relaxed during meditation, especially third eye meditation. I find it very difficult to "look'" at my 3rd eye and not strain the eye muscles. Any tips???

Do breathing exercises before and concentrate on the energy. That'll relax you

You know if you’re eyes are open and you just look up without tilting your head, you’re not straining you’re just looking up? Do that but with your eyes closed now. Simple. It’s easier to strain with your eyes closed. So start open, look up and then close them.

iamlucifer666 said:
I've been having trouble keeping my eyes relaxed during meditation, especially third eye meditation. I find it very difficult to "look'" at my 3rd eye and not strain the eye muscles. Any tips???

You don't have to actually push to physically look as directly as you can at your third eye - looking up just helps us direct our focus to it better. So long as you can 'look' directly at it in your mind you're good to go, there's no need to practically roll your eyes into the back of your head.

'Looking' at our third eye or any chakra for that matter helps us direct energy into it, as our energy follows wherever our attention is, that's the only reason we do it. If you can visualize looking into your third eye that will suffice, just know that you need to focus into it.

It may feel like you're somewhat straining them, but I think as long as you're not actually trying to roll your eyes to look at your third eye, you're doing it right. Other than that, there should be no need to worry. Just relax and "surrender" to the dark you see with your eyes closed, as if you were ready to sleep, but still conscious, and try to focus on seeing your third eye.

iamlucifer666 said:

To relax your eyes you can also do this technique: 
Focus on your eyes and feel the tension. Then breathe in and close your eyes, squeeze the muscles and hold for two seconds. In the exhale release the muscles and feel all that tension flow out. Repeat this five times. With each repetition you should feel your eyes lighter and more relaxed. You can also combine it with breathing techniques as said above, for more effectiveness.

Ghost in the Machine said:
iamlucifer666 said:

You don't have to actually push to physically look as directly as you can at your third eye - looking up just helps us direct our focus to it better. So long as you can 'look' directly at it in your mind you're good to go, there's no need to practically roll your eyes into the back of your head.

'Looking' at our third eye or any chakra for that matter helps us direct energy into it, as our energy follows wherever our attention is, that's the only reason we do it. If you can visualize looking into your third eye that will suffice, just know that you need to focus into it.
That's not completely accurate. Sure many people have been able to see without the mudra, but with people who have difficulties the third eye mudra where you roll your eyes back and focus on your third eye stimulates the nadis.

Jack said:
Ghost in the Machine said:
iamlucifer666 said:

That's not completely accurate. Sure many people have been able to see without the mudra, but with people who have difficulties the third eye mudra where you roll your eyes back and focus on your third eye stimulates the nadis.

This method has worked perfectly fine for me in regards to my third eye in where both sensation and visuals of entire scenarios have resulted without major physical effort with the eyes. When you focus on your third eye in a relaxed state just casually as I've mentioned, your eyes will automatically look up of their own accord in response to mimic this but they will not be strained as this is a passive action as a result of 'looking' at your third eye in your mind.

This is, in my opinion, a lot better than putting direct effort to physically roll your eyes to look at your third eye as just focusing on the third eye in your head will have them move accordingly to the required and relaxed position anyways.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back