Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Meditation on third eye

Ardgion

Every time when I'm trying to focus on my third eye and when I see like a bright light in the middle of my forehead, my eyes start to blink repeatedly and fast when they are closed. It happens every time.
It says on JoS website that is important not to strain your eye muscles but I can't do it.
Can anyone explain is that good, bad or is it just normal when someone is beggining to work on third eye?

Ardgion said:
Every time when I'm trying to focus on my third eye and when I see like a bright light in the middle of my forehead, my eyes start to blink repeatedly and fast when they are closed. It happens every time.
It says on JoS website that is important not to strain your eye muscles but I can't do it.
Can anyone explain is that good, bad or is it just normal when someone is beggining to work on third eye?

Just work on it slowly. Let your body get used to meditation, it takes some time, sure. If this excessive blinking occurs only when you focus on your 3rd eye, then there's nothing to worry about.

Take it easy, and control it. Eventually, your eyes will get used to it and you'll be able to focus on it without straining your eyes. Just avoid overexerting yourself.

I suggest you take a look at Opening of the Soul meditation page.

If the blinking problem persists in other situations, just take a look at Forums Health section, or just study the causes of this problem. But if it occurs only during your focus on 3rd eye, there's nothing too much to worry about.

Here's a short quote: "But why do we blink? The importance of blinking includes its protective role in preventing the entry of dust or any object into the eye, as well as shutting out too bright light from the unprepared eye."

It could also potentially react to your bright light you're seeing, so that's why the eyes are blinking excessively. They just need time to get used to it.

The same happened to me sometimes, but when I started with cigarettes again, it stopped.

Also a friend of myne who's a satanist experienced the same while focusing on the third eye.

I can just "Guess" it's connected, since none of us managed to open it yet.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back