Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Connection between the Enochian Keys and Astrology?

Dypet Rod

I just realized something curious to say the least.

The Fourth Enochian Key in English, as revised in the Joy of Satan, goes like this:

I have set my feet in the south
And have looked about me saying:
Are not the thunders of increase
Numbered 666,
Which reign in the second angle?
I have placed whom none hath
Yet numbered but two: in whom
The second beginning of things are
And wax strong, which also successively,
Adding the numbers of time
And their powers stand
As in the beginning nine!
Arise! ye sons of pleasure!
And visit the earth!
For I am Satan who is and liveth forever!
In Satan’s name, move! Show yourselves
As pleasant deliverers,
That you may praise him
Amongst the sons of men!

This to me strongly sounds like a reference to the fourth house in am astrological chart.

-First and most obviously, because it is the "fourth" key.
-Second, it mentions "second angle". As we know, an astrological chart has four angles; four angular houses, and the fourth house is exactly the second of these four angles, the second angular house.
-And third, because it also mentions "the second beginning of things". The natural ruling sign of the fourth house is the sign of Cancer, one of the four cardinal signs. Cardinal signs as most of you know, specially represent beginnings. Thus, naturally starting from Aries, the sign of Cancer is the second of the four cardinal signs; the "second beginning of things".

To be honest, this sounds so obvious to me that I don't even know if that's a "finding" on my part at all xD I may take the time to look for other references in the keys later. I only realized this because the fourth key is pretty much the only key I remembered by heart.

What do you all think about it?

On a side note, I'm also aware that Enochian is not much reliable.

The enochian keys are xian magic. These were given to john dee by angelis which are thoughtforms moderated by grey aliens. They originally blasphemed our gods so HPMaxine reversed it to blaspheme the Jewish god and our enemies instead. However it is still originally Xian angelic magick. Its good to know it but it has very less power as compared to Sanskrit and the RTR. I wouldn't give much time to these keys.

Jack said:
The enochian keys are xian magic. These were given to john dee by angelis which are thoughtforms moderated by grey aliens. They originally blasphemed our gods so HPMaxine reversed it to blaspheme the Jewish god and our enemies instead. However it is still originally Xian angelic magick. Its good to know it but it has very less power as compared to Sanskrit and the RTR. I wouldn't give much time to these keys.

luis said:
For the enochian just read this replay by HP HoodedCobra https://www.ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11982&p=48352#p48352

That's true, you guys are both right. But I just meant to point out this possible astrological reference in the fourth key. Not that this makes Enochian magick more useful and/or trustworthy in any way.

I thought they were fascinating. It's too bad. A long time ago I did waste a bunch of time creating some enochian poems etc It would be cool though if someone translated them into the correct Sanskrit words and pronounciations for us though.

I guess it's good they were not that powerful like sanskrit considering they were used to try to bring about the apocalypse and all kind of stuff. I did some research on John Dee I didnt really understand the purpose of all the numbers and tables and planitary stuff he used but some of it was obviously xtian magick as were the original keys.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back